Is Dixie Lying???

I have and love them, just not in place of an apple! :clink:

Well, I won't dispute you, but unless you lived in close proximity of Vidalia, Georgia, you probably had a California, Texas or Florida onion, of the "Vidalia" variety. There is something special about a true Vidalia. I would easily choose one over a generic garden variety apple, any day!

Now, that said... If we're talking a Vidalia vs. a nice big juicy Red Delicious from Washington state... maybe I'd take the apple. I see your point. It is interesting to note, however, when I lived in Vidalia, they had the annual Vidalia Festival, where they held a cooking contest which featured things like, Vidalia Onion Ice Cream, and Vidalia Onion Pie... (it's better than it sounds) It's also of interest to note, one of the only fruit flavors of jello and fountain drinks to never make it big, is apple.

Well, I won't dispute you, but unless you lived in close proximity of Vidalia, Georgia, you probably had a California, Texas or Florida onion, of the "Vidalia" variety. There is something special about a true Vidalia. I would easily choose one over a generic garden variety apple, any day!

Now, that said... If we're talking a Vidalia vs. a nice big juicy Red Delicious from Washington state... maybe I'd take the apple. I see your point. It is interesting to note, however, when I lived in Vidalia, they had the annual Vidalia Festival, where they held a cooking contest which featured things like, Vidalia Onion Ice Cream, and Vidalia Onion Pie... (it's better than it sounds) It's also of interest to note, one of the only fruit flavors of jello and fountain drinks to never make it big, is apple.
I drive through Vidalia at least twice a year on my way to FL. This coming year I'll do so more often, as my son is doing an 8 month internship in security at DW.

I love Granny Smith apples... No, I don't care how good of an onion it is, an apple is the choice...

Silly title to this thread...

"Is Dixie Lying?"

Answer: If he is typing words... He is lying!

If it has putrasweet in it I can tell the difference. Nutripidsweet leaves a taste in my mouth for hours and sort of burns my taste buds.

So far, 60% is the best anyone has done. I guess you turkeys just want to flap your wings and act like turkeys, instead of taking the challenge. It's okay, I don't blame you, I would be afraid of being embarrassed too.

Some of us are just not eager to wallow with hogs ;)

I don't understand. How would that be classified as such? It's a fairly simple test, not designed to embarrass you or anything, just to see if you can tell which statements are lies and which are the truth. I understand why you won't do it, because then, you wouldn't get to chortle along with your insulting put-downs, like... 'if Dixie's typing, he's lying!'

'Wallow with the hogs' is a southern colloquialism, meaning... to lose dignity and become dirty, vile and corrupt, with the dirty, vile and corrupted. I hate to tell you this, but you are already there, and practicing your 'wallowing' here daily!

So far, 60% is the best anyone has done. I guess you turkeys just want to flap your wings and act like turkeys, instead of taking the challenge. It's okay, I don't blame you, I would be afraid of being embarrassed too.
Only because I haven't taken the stupid quiz yet, but then again, I haven't claimed that you lie, so I don't feel compelled.

Last edited:
Okay, this is a simple game, all you have to do, is determine whether or not Dixie is lying. You have 20 statements listed below, some of them are true and some of them are a lie. You can't use Google to cheat and find out, you have to trust your instincts and your own intelligence, to determine if they are true or false. Since I am the best judge of whether I am lying or not, I will be the one to grade your results. The winner will receive much praise and admiration from me, and the losers will receive ridicule and scorn, as usual. Ready? Set? GO!

1. Besides Mexico and Canada, Cuba, at 90 miles, is the closest neighboring country to the U.S.

2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp.

3. Hawaii has the nations only Royal Palace.

4. A dime has more grooves on its side than a quarter.

5. Canadian $2 and $10 bills, depict the parliament buildings with an American (US) flag flying on top.

6. Sir Isaac Newton, who established the "scientific method" as the standard for how the modern world looks at the Universe in general, was also responsible for profound Protestant interpretations of Biblical scriptures.

7. Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.

8. Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones were once roommates.

9. All US Presidents have worn glasses.

10. "Lassie" was a boy dog.

11. The first toilet ever seen on television, was on The Honeymooner's.

12. "Mad About You" star Paul Reiser plays the piano on the show's theme song.

13. Paul Simon got the name of his hit "Mother and Child Reunion" from a Chinese menu.

14. Elton John's real name is Reginald Dwight, he got his stage name from an English playwright.

15. Scoobie Doo was originally Doobie Doo.

16. Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.

17. An apple, onion, and potato all have the same taste.

18. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

19. More people die from dog attacks in a year, than the past 100 years of shark attacks.

20. Bats always fly away from the moon when exiting a cave.

Reposting this for your convenience.

Back