Is Dixie proud of his ignorance?

Rationalist

Hail Voltaire
I've met people more ignorant than Dixie (hard to believe, I know), but I don't think I've ever met anyone who is more proud of their ignorance.

Hey Brent, do you still believe the Earth is hollow, and gnomes live inside?

No, I never believed any of that. I did, however, post things of that nature in order to end up on FSTDT, and laughed my ass off reading responses to my comments. Same goes for trolls such as Skinhead, Josef and the like. Have you ever heard of Poe's law?

That's not to say I didn't believe crazy things. I most certainly did...but then I woke up to reality. I realized that I was a hypocrite, enjoying all the benefits that the scientific method has brought to the world (safe food, clean water, vaccines, etc.) while demonizing the same group of individuals that brought us those innovations. I had the humility to admit I was not only wrong, but delusional.

Anyway, what does this have to do with you?

Your quote the last time someone asked you about the Hollow Earth theory and the gnomes: "I believe it's possible."

If I were you, I would refrain from questioning the intelligence of people you don't know, but I would particularly avoid that with people who know you!

Your quote the last time someone asked you about the Hollow Earth theory and the gnomes: "I believe it's possible."

Well, if I did say that, I was lying.

I am embarrassed about some of the things I said (you know, 6 - 8 years ago). But I am not proud of it, and I will freely admit that I was wrong about the earth being 6,000 years old, etc.

If I were you, I would refrain from questioning the intelligence of people you don't know, but I would particularly avoid that with people who know you!

The difference between you and I, Dixie, is that I was able to grow up and accept the world as it really is, not as I wish it to be.

Well, if I did say that, I was lying.

I am embarrassed about some of the things I said (you know, 6 - 8 years ago). But I am not proud of it, and I will freely admit that I was wrong about the earth being 6,000 years old, etc.

The difference between you and I, Dixie, is that I was able to grow up and accept the world as it really is, not as I wish it to be.

No, the differences between you and I are VAST and can't possibly all be listed here. But the most obvious difference is, you have changed screen names a few times, and run away from things you've said in the past. I can't say I blame you, after the gnomes and fairies in the hollow earth thing... but then, I wouldn't have been stupid enough to have made that claim to begin with.... sooooo.....

No, the differences between you and I are VAST and can't possibly all be listed here. But the most obvious difference is, you have changed screen names a few times, and run away from things you've said in the past. I can't say I blame you, after the gnomes and fairies in the hollow earth thing... but then, I wouldn't have been stupid enough to have made that claim to begin with.... sooooo.....

Do you believe in the third way?

I've met people more ignorant than Dixie (hard to believe, I know), but I don't think I've ever met anyone who is more proud of their ignorance.

Dixie doesn't click on links that could educate him because he thinks someone is making money off his click. I'm not sure if that's due to a severe case of jealousy/envy or willfull ignorance or a combination of both.

Dixie doesn't click on links that could educate him because he thinks someone is making money off his click. I'm not sure if that's due to a severe case of jealousy/envy or willfull ignorance or a combination of both.

No, it's most always a case of me taking the few moments to google the "dot org" in question, and find it is a liberal propaganda outlet. Since I don't support or condone Liberalism, I refuse to be counted as a click on their websites.

No, it's most always a case of me taking the few moments to google the "dot org" in question, and find it is a liberal propaganda outlet. Since I don't support or condone Liberalism, I refuse to be counted as a click on their websites.

That's one excuse to remain ignorant.

Yet you just can't get enough of liberals. You're here daily, attempting to spar with them. Pretty peculiar, on a site crawling with liberals expressing their views loudly, for one who claims they don't want their 'click' counted.

Yet you just can't get enough of liberals. You're here daily, attempting to spar with them. Pretty peculiar, on a site crawling with liberals expressing their views loudly, for one who claims they don't want their 'click' counted.

Hmmm.... I wasn't aware Damo's site was a liberal propaganda outlet which supported the Liberal agenda. It appears to be a politically neutral board which is frequented by both Liberals and Conservatives, as well as Libertarians and Anarchists, all loudly expressing their views. Have I missed something?

Good point

Hmmm.... I wasn't aware Damo's site was a liberal propaganda outlet which supported the Liberal agenda. It appears to be a politically neutral board which is frequented by both Liberals and Conservatives, as well as Libertarians and Anarchists, all loudly expressing their views. Have I missed something?

I guess you still haven't gotten your reading comprehension problem looked at yet. Never mind, rube.

:rofl2:

I guess you still haven't gotten your reading comprehension problem looked at yet. Never mind, rube.

:rofl2:

Not a thing wrong with my reading comprehension.

I made the point that I do not support liberal propaganda outlets with my clicks.

You countered that with the fact that I post here daily, and that's somehow odd for a person who doesn't want their clicks counted at liberal propaganda outlets.

I responded by pointing out, this isn't a liberal propaganda outlet I am supporting with my clicks.

You respond with... You need to have your reading comprehension checked!

No dear... YOU need to have YOURS checked.
...and also check to see if you have any ass left, after the chunk of it I just claimed.

Not a thing wrong with my reading comprehension.

I made the point that I do not support liberal propaganda outlets with my clicks.

You countered that with the fact that I post here daily, and that's somehow odd for a person who doesn't want their clicks counted at liberal propaganda outlets.

I responded by pointing out, this isn't a liberal propaganda outlet I am supporting with my clicks.

You respond with... You need to have your reading comprehension checked!

No dear... YOU need to have YOURS checked.
...and also check to see if you have any ass left, after the chunk of it I just claimed.
Right.

How you choose to classify a site has no foundation in reality.

The OP poses an interesting question...

Are you proud of being such an idiot? You choose to spew nothing but right wing propaganda. The mere fact that you have no clue about the majority of the issues you discuss, means one of two things:

You are indeed proud of being a moron.
Or

You're lazy. You refuse to educate yourself before you post. You rely on O'Reilly et. al to give you your talking points. You refuse to follow a link that provides proof of an assertion, instead choosing to label evey link offered as 'liberal propaganda'.

Whether something is printed in Huffpo, or the Wall St. Journal, if it is indeed factual, it doesn't matter where the link takes you. In fact, you are always free to dispute anything you would've read at the sites, if you weren't too lazy to do your research.

Instead, you choose to make an ass of yourself, as you did for days in the Medicare/Medicaid discussions.

So which is it? Proud to be a moron, or just lazy?

Back