Is health insurance a "right"?

So your contention is that doctors must treat people for free?

Yes, or no?

Of course doctors shouldn't have to treat people for free. Where do you americans get that kind of idea. But it's also probably true that doctors have to be reined in on their billing. If they aren't then the insurance companies keep raising their rates to make up for the doctors abusing the system.

A government run system takes care of that problem as it does in Canada where we have a higher rated health cre system which operates for roughly have the cost per capita.

So where is your argument because if you keep screaming, is not, is not, you lose.

You are the typical poor guy who's been conned in completely by the very wealthy to keep protecting their outrageous profits. And it's at your expense as well as your fellow Americans' expense.

Keep on screaming but don't expect to be believed when the benefits of Obamacare come home to roost.

Life, liberty, and happiness usually aren't free. But it's the duty of government to make them all available to all citizens. Hence, Obamacare to update the U.S. medieval system.

What's the alternative? Dying in the streets? Dying of curable diseases? Suffering with mendable injuries?
The govt is supposed to allow you to pursue happiness, not provide it.

The oath Doctors take before getting their license clearly states they are to heal the sick and injured.

HOWEVER, no mention is made of any sort of monetary payment being made BEFORE they heal the sick and injured.
No one has a 'right' to the services of another person. That is involuntary servitude and is not in the Constitution. I'm talking about the REAL Constitution, not the O'Bammy one.

No one has a 'right' to the services of another person. That is involuntary servitude and is not in the Constitution. I'm talking about the REAL Constitution, not the O'Bammy one.

And I am talking about the Hippocratic oath which PREDATES your precious constitution.

If someone doesn't like the ideas behind the oath taken before becoming a Doctor, one doesn't have to become a Doctor in the first place.

Got any evidence to support that assertion?

Yes.

5 years ago I was diagnosed with colon cancer.

Would have died without having the offending tumor removed.

The Hospital WOULDN'T EVEN ADMIT ME for the surgery I was scheduled for, without an upfront payment of $3,000.00.

Yes. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with colon cancer. Would have died without having the offending tumor removed. The Hospital WOULDN'T EVEN ADMIT ME for the surgery I was scheduled for, without an upfront payment of $3,000.00.

Yet despite your anecdotal claims, you survived, somehow.

Now you hate doctors because you wanted them to cure you for free?

Too bad you didn't do a little research.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/07/people_flock_to_university_cir.html

http://www.uclahealth.org/body.cfm?id=561&action=detail&ref=2011

Lots more if you look. Just sayin'.

Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan "before we all started having health care, in the olden days our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor, they would say I'll paint your house."
maybe we all need to start raising chickens http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20003163-503544.html or just go without and die if you can't pay.

Or maybe we should take each responsibility for our own healthcare, and provide safety nets for those that cannot.

Yes.

5 years ago I was diagnosed with colon cancer.

Would have died without having the offending tumor removed.

The Hospital WOULDN'T EVEN ADMIT ME for the surgery I was scheduled for, without an upfront payment of $3,000.00.

red herring. you were not dying. you were stable. a hospital, as a private business, is only obligated BY LAW to make sure you are stable.

And I am talking about the Hippocratic oath which PREDATES your precious constitution.

If someone doesn't like the ideas behind the oath taken before becoming a Doctor, one doesn't have to become a Doctor in the first place.

If you believe in that oath so much, how could you possibly support abortion?

Back