Is Netflix now completely Woke Cinema?

I noticed a report that in the last few days Netflix has lowered the Boom on the WOKE, or at least tried to.

It will be interesting to see how that wokes out.

I mean they are completely fucked anyway....

They have not cared about quality.

They thought it was irrelevant.

WRONG!

That is my conclusion.....what do you think.

Extra Credit: Do you expect to be still paying netflix two years from now? I kinda think no...I like The Crown, Queens Gambit...even Bridgerton was not bad and my wife claims it is good...but I am pretty surely a no.

So does that make Netflix "Elite?" Are they part of the "Revolution?"

When we start cutting streaming, which will certainly happen at some point, NetFlix is almost certainly the first to go....the relentless price increases, that fact that their library is almost all or completely WOKE compliant, and that is in the majority unwatchable crap, is why.

They fucked up big.

Apparently Netflix is figuring out Wokeism is not too lucrative to their bottom line.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ells-staff-LEAVE-theyre-offended-content.html

• The streaming service dished out a new 'culture memo' targeting woke workers
  • The document tells staff if they're offended by content they can leave the firm
  • It warned they will not 'censor artists or voices' if employees consider it 'harmful'
  • The document also called on workers to tighten their belts and reign in spending
  • The ailing website has been struggling after shelling out viewers and losing cash

That is my conclusion.....what do you think.

Extra Credit: Do you expect to be still paying netflix two years from now? I kinda think no...I like The Crown, Queens Gambit...even Bridgerton was not bad and my wife claims it is good...but I am pretty surely a no.

thats mostly whats been getting made and ill be dropping it soon.

When we start cutting streaming, which will certainly happen at some point, NetFlix is almost certainly the first to go....the relentless price increases, that fact that their library is almost all or completely WOKE compliant, and that is in the majority unwatchable crap, is why.

They fucked up big.

There's a ton of stuff free when streaming!
Tubi,IMBd,Crackle,many more

thats mostly whats been getting made and ill be dropping it soon.

The way I understand it NetFlix broke faith when over and over again when they somehow managed to make quality they cancelled the show after only a couple/few season. It was then clear that this is not an exercise in slogging through all the crap looking for something good and then we will be rewarded. No. Netflix simply is not interested in quality. They dont care about us.

Its hard to stick around after that.

The way I understand it NetFlix broke faith when over and over again when they somehow managed to make quality they cancelled the show after only a couple/few season. It was then clear that this is not an exercise in slogging through all the crap looking for something good and then we will be rewarded. No. Netflix simply is not interested in quality. They dont care about us.

Its hard to stick around after that.

They took a stab at it, spent A LOT of money and it worked for a little while but in case you had not noticed nobody is putting out much good material because there is a sad lack of originality in the film biz.

When they HBO and Netflix were the only ones making content the quality went up. But how many streaming services are there now ? Too damn many. Need to cull the herd so that there an be more watchable content on fewer services.

Glut is bad for business.

Have you ever seen “You”, “Dead to Me”, “Ozark”, “The Crown” or “Stranger Things” our favorites!
I tried to watch Ozark but only got thru a few episodes on Season 1. Does it start slow and get better? I know a lot of people are crazy about it. I've seen the Crown. I started Stranger Things but didn't finish it. I'm all over the place with so many choices.

I loved the docu-series about Halston and Andy Warhol, watched both of those. Saw the one about Marilyn Monroe.

Have you ever watched the series "Don't f@#k with cats - hunting an Internet killer"? It's about a serial killer from Canada named Luca Magnotta who started out torturing cats online and the Internet sleuths who helped catch him. Kinda interesting.

They took a stab at it, spent A LOT of money and it worked for a little while but in case you had not noticed nobody is putting out much good material because there is a sad lack of originality in the film biz.

When they HBO and Netflix were the only ones making content the quality went up. But how many streaming services are there now ? Too damn many. Need to cull the herd so that there an be more watchable content on fewer services.

Glut is bad for business.

They flat out wasted a shit ton of money, and investors are only just now figuring this out.

Netflix had long sold the story that they were making solid investments into the future.

They lied.

Bridgerton, Queens Gambit, Tiger King and The Crown is I think all we have watched made by Netflix. We also watched Downton Abbey. Before I stopped trying I was finding that I could only finish one of five movies I started. I would routinely get 5-15 minute in and then decide that I just could not finish, that life is too short for crap.

Years ago I heard someone famous who I respect (I cant remember who) speaking approvingly about how our youth consume both high and low culture, enjoying both.

What they did not understand is that our youth are so profoundly ignorant that they have no idea that there is a difference between quality art and shit art.

So I know what Netflix was thinking, but they were still wrong, and they should have know that they were wrong, and I think they did know.

Which is why I accuse them of lying.

They flat out wasted a shit ton of money, and investors are only just now figuring this out.

Netflix had long sold the story that they were making solid investments into the future.

They lied.

well I dont know if it was a lie so much as it was an impossible promise to keep.

Bigger problem is that membership did nto continue to grow as hoped so money dried up. Along with good content.

Back