Is this the world's scariest bridge?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
Titlis-Cliff-Walk-worlds-scariest-bridge2-11122012-jpg_161824.jpg

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/titlis-cli...opened-9-800ft-above-sea-level-161906349.html

It tells you how far above sea level it is, but not how far of a drop. I could put a bridge in my back yard that is 6700 feet above sea level, but only 1 foot above the ground...

I can't tell by the picture how far the drop is below the bridge. But if you want to know where the highest suspension bridge is, it is the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado. Of course it is wide enough to carry cars and I wouldn't call it "scary"...

It tells you how far above sea level it is, but not how far of a drop. I could put a bridge in my back yard that is 6700 feet above sea level, but only 1 foot above the ground...

I can't tell by the picture how far the drop is below the bridge. But if you want to know where the highest suspension bridge is, it is the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado. Of course it is wide enough to carry cars and I wouldn't call it "scary"...

Oh ok, it's not sheer drop, you would bounce a few times on the way down!!

The article notes, "Anyone afraid of heights should probably give this walkway a miss - because at 1,500ft above a glacier it could be 'the world's scariest bridge".

But I get your point. I'm planning on building something like this next spring over a portion of my fish pond.

images

This is the highest bridge:

543px-Siduhe_Bridge-4.jpg

In the People's Republic of China, of course.

Royal Gorge bridge is the 10th highest, although it was the highest until 2001.

The article notes, "Anyone afraid of heights should probably give this walkway a miss - because at 1,500ft above a glacier it could be 'the world's scariest bridge".

But I get your point. I'm planning on building something like this next spring over a portion of my fish pond.

images

You didn't build that.

I said, " I'm planning on building something like this...."

Something like this

Of course it will never be as nice as one built with the help of the government. :)
I know what you said dummy; I was repeating a certain phase uttered by your Messiah.

When you're done ax'ng GovCo for yet another handout to build your footbridge, get it designed by a licensed professional, built by a licensed contractor and certified by the local building department don't forget that the Army Corps of Engineers needs to issue permits because of the potential impact on the navigable waters of the United States. I suggest you do that first as the process may take years and if you get caught without it you will get fined heavily, have your property taken away from you and possibly thrown in prison. But hey they are your government that you want to make bigger and bigger, and here to help and protect you from cradle to grave with absolutely everything, including free condoms for your pre-teen daughters.

I know what you said dummy; I was repeating a certain phase uttered by your Messiah.

When you're done ax'ng GovCo for yet another handout to build your footbridge, get it designed by a licensed professional, built by a licensed contractor and certified by the local building department don't forget that the Army Corps of Engineers needs to issue permits because of the potential impact on the navigable waters of the United States. I suggest you do that first as the process may take years and if you get caught without it you will get fined heavily, have your property taken away from you and possibly thrown in prison. But hey they are your government that you want to make bigger and bigger, and here to help and protect you from cradle to grave with absolutely everything, including free condoms for your pre-teen daughters.

I don't think anyone here supports nationalizing the private footbridge industry.

And impact to the navigable waters of the United States is important. No one "owns" a waterway in the United States. There are public ramifications for construction projects on them.

Talking about condoms here's something to ponder. The Right Wingers talk about taking responsibility. So, let's picture a teenage gal getting ready to go out on a Saturday night. As she says good-bye to her father and takes a bus ticket out of her purse this
stock-photo-one-condom-on-wooden-background-93929878.jpg
drops out and lands on the living room floor a foot or two from Daddy. Should Pops congratulate his daughter for her mature, responsible behavior or refuse to let her go out?

Or maybe Mommy finds a condom in her son's jeans on washing day.

If parents not only discourage their son/daughter from carrying condoms but in some way punish them for doing so should the parent be charged with indirect child endangerment? How would society react if a parent told their son/daughter that if they ever saw them wearing a seat belt while in a car they would be punished?

"If you protect yourself against unwanted pregnancy, if you protect your very life against STDs (AIDS), you will be punished." Should such children be immediately removed from the home and the parent severely punished?

What say you?

Talking about condoms here's something to ponder. ...

What say you?

The difference between you and I is that I take responsibility to teach and protect my children while you want the government to give them free condoms and teach them how to have sex.

The difference between you and I is that I take responsibility to teach and protect my children while you want the government to give them free condoms and teach them how to have sex.

Looking at the situation as it currently stands the average parent isn't doing their job. When a girl delivers a baby in a school washroom and then returns to the prom and when asked about her pregnancy she said she couldn't tell her parents as it would have broken her father's heart we have to question just what kind of upbringing she had. The psychological damage she has suffered and will continue to suffer as she comes to realize the things she was taught and led to believe that resulted in her actions......and people say sex education should not be taught in school.

How can the government allow home schooling when there are so many....I can't even find an appropriate word....fvcked up people out there? People who complain about abortion but would attack a TV station if it ran condom ADS during family viewing hours.

Sex is not going away. Either we inform our children and be sure they are prepared/protected or suffer the consequences.

Back