Is this the world's scariest bridge?

Looking at the situation as it currently stands the average parent isn't doing their job. When a girl delivers a baby in a school washroom and then returns to the prom and when asked about her pregnancy she said she couldn't tell her parents as it would have broken her father's heart we have to question just what kind of upbringing she had. The psychological damage she has suffered and will continue to suffer as she comes to realize the things she was taught and led to believe that resulted in her actions......and people say sex education should not be taught in school.

How can the government allow home schooling when there are so many....I can't even find an appropriate word....fvcked up people out there? People who complain about abortion but would attack a TV station if it ran condom ADS during family viewing hours.

Sex is not going away. Either we inform our children and be sure they are prepared/protected or suffer the consequences.

Basically what you are saying is that liberalism (refusal to accept personal responsibility) has failed so we need more liberalism.

Looking at the situation as it currently stands the average parent isn't doing their job. When a girl delivers a baby in a school washroom and then returns to the prom and when asked about her pregnancy she said she couldn't tell her parents as it would have broken her father's heart we have to question just what kind of upbringing she had. The psychological damage she has suffered and will continue to suffer as she comes to realize the things she was taught and led to believe that resulted in her actions......and people say sex education should not be taught in school.

How can the government allow home schooling when there are so many....I can't even find an appropriate word....fvcked up people out there? People who complain about abortion but would attack a TV station if it ran condom ADS during family viewing hours.

Sex is not going away. Either we inform our children and be sure they are prepared/protected or suffer the consequences.
Home schooling protects the innocent from indoctrination and terrorization by the state.

I am just waiting for someone to say that's nothing, we have a bridge 20, thousand feet high in our back garden.
There's a few out west that are way up there. I know that driving across the Macinac bridge was a white knuckle experience and it's only 250 feet above the water and driving over the New River Gorge Bridge I about vapor locked. It's about 1,000 ft over the river. I've never driven over the Royal Gorge Bridgein CO and I pretty much don't want too. It's also about 1,000 feet over the river but it's longer than New River Gorge Bridge.

It tells you how far above sea level it is, but not how far of a drop. I could put a bridge in my back yard that is 6700 feet above sea level, but only 1 foot above the ground...

I can't tell by the picture how far the drop is below the bridge. But if you want to know where the highest suspension bridge is, it is the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado. Of course it is wide enough to carry cars and I wouldn't call it "scary"...
I would. LOL

Excuse me, how did you two end up arguing about home schooling on a thread about footbridges!! :palm:

There's a few out west that are way up there. I know that driving across the Macinac bridge was a white knuckle experience and it's only 250 feet above the water and driving over the New River Gorge Bridge I about vapor locked. It's about 1,000 ft over the river. I've never driven over the Royal Gorge Bridgein CO and I pretty much don't want too. It's also about 1,000 feet over the river but it's longer than New River Gorge Bridge.

The main point, which in their desire to top the story, is that it's a footbridge and you can see the drop as you walk across it coupled with it swaying from side to side in a wind.

If you ever get the chance you should try the Millau bridge.

http://www.fosterandpartners.com/Projects/1158/Default.aspx

Basically what you are saying is that liberalism (refusal to accept personal responsibility) has failed so we need more liberalism.

I see that reading comprehension problem is once again raising its head.

It's the interference of conservatism that results in failure. What happened to the girl in question should never have happened in a civilized country and wouldn't have happened if proper sex education was taught. Keep hiding it. Keep sex a taboo subject and you'll keep dealing with the problems.

Excuse me, how did you two end up arguing about home schooling on a thread about footbridges!! :palm:

Ah, ha! You haven't been reading the thread diligently, have you? Thought you'd skip over a few posts and no one would notice? :nono:

You don't want to be known as a slacker, do you?

Back