Islam's 12th Imam

Umm Baptists , Methodists and the evangelicals all teach the old testament.
Those I am familiar with.

You really don't know your asshat from a hole in the gound about religion AHZ.

Umm Baptists , Methodists and the evangelicals all teach the old testament.
Those I am familiar with.

You really don't know your asshat from a hole in the gound about religion AHZ.

Yes. It's part of the canon. What's relevant is how they interpret the nature of the covenants. New covenant(through christ) versus the old covenant with the jews (now broken), aka traditional christianity, or dispensationalist, which teaches two still existing covenants, one for jews, one for christians (the church), where the two religions merge in a supernatural tag team cage match apocalypse or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism
In the context of Christianity, dispensationalism is an interpretive, or narrative framework for understanding the overall flow of the Bible, and is frequently contrasted with an opposing interpretation: supersessionism, also referred to as Covenant Theology, see also New Covenant theology. In simple terms, supersessionism teaches that the Christian Church has been established for the salvation of "the Jews first, and also to the Gentiles", and that there is one people of God joined in unity through Jesus Christ. Since the Jews have largely refused to accept Jesus as Christ, "the Messiah of Israel", and since he is their only means of salvation, those individual Jews that reject him, reject the merits of his atoning sacrifice for sins, and have in effect rejected the only provision God has offered for divine forgiveness, therefore they no longer are the true Israel, and Christians have become the "New Jews". This view is also often referred to as "replacement theology"; in that according to this theology, the Church from its very inception has replaced the Jewish people and National Israel as God's "chosen people" and "holy nation", now and forever. One of the scriptures often cited as a basis for this theology is 1 Peter 2:9.

In contrast, dispensationalism teaches that the Christian Church is a "parenthesis" in God's dealings with the Jews, when the Gospel began to go to the Gentiles instead of the Jews, but that God's continued care for the Jews will be revealed after the Church Age (or Dispensation), when the Jews will be restored to their land, and will accept Jesus as their Messiah. Hence, dispensationalists typically believe in a Jewish restoration.

Last edited:
Umm there is Wikopedia and there is preaching in church. booklearning only gets you so far and can oft be misleading on reality.

Yeah. IN church they never talk about the "jews accepting christ" part. Somehow I just feel that's not where it's headed.
Not only did they speak of it in the church I grew up, they sent yearly missionaries to Israel.

I think your fear that christians don't think Jews need salvation is unwarranted, I have never met a christian that didn't believe that they too needed salvation.

Not only did they speak of it in the church I grew up, they sent yearly missionaries to Israel.

I think your fear that christians don't think Jews need salvation is unwarranted, I have never met a christian that didn't believe that they too needed salvation.

Times have changed. Most these days will not give you a straight answer about it. The Catholic Church has been lobbied to change it's doctrine such that now it's considered "bad form" to witness or evangelize to jews. That's what I've seen and experienced first hand. Go over to debatepolicy and ask those hazmats over there.

Strange the church I attended recently still talks of the Jewish Christians and the pastor recently made a trip to the "holy land" and met with Christian missionaries over there....
A required pilgrimage for all devout Christians.
He also preached about the jewish stuff in the end of times, etc...

If you learn what American Christianity is all about from Wackopedia or the net then you know almost nothing about what it is really like.

Back