Isn't it Amazing?

I have not heard one single solitary word about the integrity of the voting system! Not even in Ohio, where we had so much trouble before! There are no calls of disenfranchisement, no old farts who couldn't figure out how to punch a chad, and no more widespread panic over democracy being squashed. We seem to have completely resolved all the deplorable conditions in our election process, with the mere win of Democrats!

Isn't it Amazing?

Desh posted on the other site that there were enormous problems yesterday, despite the win, and there were. I'm inclined to let these things slide since it was such a decisive victory for Democrats; I'm sure that they could have picked up more seats without the malfeasance, but who's complaining today? The amount of seats they picked up is just right; too many would have given them the kind of hubiris that killed the GOP in the '90's.

As long as you're talking about things we're NOT hearing about, I haven't heard too much from you about the Bolton backlash, the Schiavo backlash, the failure of Howard Dean as DNC chairman, the failure of Don Rumsfeld, etc., etc., etc....

I'm inclined to let these things slide since it was such a decisive victory for Democrats;

See, this is what I figured. You aren't (and never were) concerned with whether the system is compromised, as long as your guy is winning. That's pretty sad, if you ask me.

I'm inclined to let these things slide since it was such a decisive victory for Democrats;

See, this is what I figured. You aren't (and never were) concerned with whether the system is compromised, as long as your guy is winning. That's pretty sad, if you ask me.

Hey - really dumb person who just got exiled to the political wilderness for many years - how about putting the words IN CONTEXT.

As I said, the Dems probably could have picked up even more seats without the usual GOP cheats; make no mistake....these still work against Democrats, and give the GOP a head start in every election.

Get it? Probably not; you still don't understand what happened to you & yours yesterday...

Hey - really dumb person who just got exiled to the political wilderness for many years - how about putting the words IN CONTEXT.

As I said, the Dems probably could have picked up even more seats without the usual GOP cheats; make no mistake....these still work against Democrats, and give the GOP a head start in every election.

Get it? Probably not; you still don't understand what happened to you & yours yesterday...

Uhm, excuse me- mistaken dumber person who thinks conservatism is in the political wilderness- I had the words in perfect context.

Do you think that only Republicans can cheat? Or is it, Democrats are too ethical and good to cheat? Either we have major flaws in the integrity of the system, or we don't. Either you can finagle the Diebold machines and make them elect certain people, or you can't. There is no such thing as a system that is only broken when Democrats lose.

Well, if you really want to get into it, the kind of cheats I'm talking about do NOT happen on both sides. Dems are just as guilty of the kinds of isolated infractions & fraud that we see from both sides every election, and which we always need to be vigilant about.

What I'm talking about is the widespread disenfranchisement of minority voters, most of whom break for Democrats. It's not disputable that hundreds of thousands of minority ballots are discarded every election, and that there are still orchestrated attempts at voter intimidation in minority communities. That IS something I intend to remain vigilant & vocal about. I'm glad the FBI is investigating what happened in the VA race yesterday (with your former Presidential hopeful, who became an exposed bigot & LOSER).

Get it yet? Probably not. You're still working on convincing yourself that Republicans work "best" in the minority....

the kind of cheats I'm talking about do NOT happen on both sides.

You're right. The kinds of cheats who withhold detrimental information on a candidate until their name has to appear on the ballot, so the people are not allowed a fair vote to begin with, and the kind of cheats who want to disqualify overseas military ballots on minor technicalities... they only reside in one party. Amazingly, it's the same party famous for securing the 'dead vote' in Illinois.

What I'm talking about is the widespread disenfranchisement of minority voters, most of whom break for Democrats.

You mean minority Democrats who live in minority Democrat districts, operated and controlled by minority Democrat poll workers?

It's not disputable that hundreds of thousands of minority ballots are discarded every election

Oh, I will dispute that. Nothing about the criteria for disqualifying a ballot, has anything to do with minority status, or political party.

there are still orchestrated attempts at voter intimidation in minority communities.

The NAACP, Jesse Jackson, and the US Justice Department, would be interested in speaking with any American who has been intimidated as you describe.

That IS something I intend to remain vigilant & vocal about.

No, you aren't. ...I'm inclined to let these things slide since it was such a decisive victory for Democrats. ....your words.

Get it yet?

Yep... you're a hypocrite, like I suspected.

They watched it pretty closely yesterday and there no discrepancies. Thats the difference. Exit polling matched the outcome.

There was a problem in Missouri, where I am, which included poll workers demanding photo IDs after the state supreme court shot it down last month. But other than that, you're not hearing about it because noting suspicious happened.

"No, you aren't. ...I'm inclined to let these things slide since it was such a decisive victory for Democrats. ....your words."

Poor, Dixie - do you have nothing better to do than take things out of context? Yesterday was a great victory for Dems. Thus, I'm not as inclined to make a big deal out of the downside, which is still there as far as minority voting rights. It's just 1 election though, and we have miles to go before there is genuine equality in this country, despite your assertion that discriminatin ended in 1964.

Did you catch Bush on TV before, by the way? He looked exactly like I'd imagine you feel today. Tired, petulant, delusional, defiant....a beaten man, who is only just starting to realize what his legacy will be.

Last thing: when you start about 3 dozen threads chastising Democrats for doing nothing but bashing the GOP & Bush, and then - on one of your FIRST threads after getting your buttocks handed to you in an election that you saw going MUCH differently - you pledge to hammer away at Democrats for the next 2 years, as much as you possibly can....please don't lecture anyone about "hypocrisy."

By the way? I am REALLY enjoying today...

Yesterday was a great victory for Dems. Thus, I'm not as inclined to make a big deal out of the downside, which is still there as far as minority voting rights.

See, I fully understand this, and do not think I am taking anything out of context. You are happy Democrats won, and since they won, you are not inclined to give a shit about people being disenfranchised, if there was any, it's not a big deal to you, because your side won. Had your side lost, it would be a major big deal to you.

This is what most people call "hypocrisy". When you take a principled stand on one condition, but abandon that principle on another condition. Not only do you demonstrate you are a hypocrite on the issue of voter fraud, you also indicate you are a prejudiced bigot, who believes only Republicans and white people are capable of intimidation or disenfranchising voters.

Show us the fraud we should be outraged with this election. We're not upset about massive disenfranchisement and voter fraud because it simply didn't occur this time 'round.

Exit polling matched the outcome.

Not true. The exit polls in Virginia showed Allen losing by 6%, and the race is virtually a tie.

you're not hearing about it because noting suspicious happened.

I think we aren't hearing about it for the reason Onceler stated, Democrats won so you really don't care. The only reason you cared before, was because Democrats lost. As long as Democrats win elections, we don't seem to have any voting fraud problems, they seem to completely disappear. I just thought that was amazing.

Show us the fraud we should be outraged with this election. We're not upset about massive disenfranchisement and voter fraud because it simply didn't occur this time 'round.

Wow, did pinheads fix all the problems with the machines? Did they weed out all the corrupt republicans that were supposedly running the democratic precincts where the massive frauds took place just two years ago? Hey, I am glad to hear this, now we know it shouldn't be a problem in 2008, or ever again, since we seem to have fixed it with a Democrat win.

I just wanted to make sure it was clear, that we had fixed the problem for good, because the next time you lose, I will remind you that the supposed "vote fraud" you're screaming about, only seems to happen when Democrats lose. I really don't know what to do, to fix a system that is only broken when Democrats lose, unless we make it so Democrats always win. I don't think that idea comports with "democracy."

No dixie, you see, if republicans win, it's because they cheated or tricked people or lied. No one would ever vote for a republican!

So that's how you know. If democrats lose, someone cheated.

Yesterday was a great victory for Dems. Thus, I'm not as inclined to make a big deal out of the downside, which is still there as far as minority voting rights.

See, I fully understand this, and do not think I am taking anything out of context. You are happy Democrats won, and since they won, you are not inclined to give a shit about people being disenfranchised, if there was any, it's not a big deal to you, because your side won. Had your side lost, it would be a major big deal to you.

This is what most people call "hypocrisy". When you take a principled stand on one condition, but abandon that principle on another condition. Not only do you demonstrate you are a hypocrite on the issue of voter fraud, you also indicate you are a prejudiced bigot, who believes only Republicans and white people are capable of intimidation or disenfranchising voters.

Um....in a word, no. As I said, the disenfranchisement of minority voters is something that I intend to complain about until it disappears for good, likely not in my lifetime. It is also something that your side - the oh-so-principled side - engages in as though it's a normal part of the electoral process.

Your interpretation of my words is a pretty obvious, desperate attempt to try to find something - ANYTHING - to give you a small amount of comfort today, because you are reeling, and everything I have seen you state for years now turned out to be completely, 100% WRONG. If I'm a football coach, do consistent bad calls against my team bother me? Absolutely. Am I inclined to complain about them after I just shellacked my opponent? Not likely. Get it? Probably not. The GOP school of thought is to twist words any way that you can in order to distract from the real issue.

But hey, you don't care that you just took a painful beating; in Dixieland, Republicans work SO much better when they're in the minority! (best line of the day, btw - probably the best of the week)...

Oh - one more thing, Dix. Your golden boy (Senator Macaca), the big hope for '08, just went down officially.

But hey - I'm sure he'll work better OUT of power than in it, right?

Um....in a word, no. As I said, the disenfranchisement of minority voters is something that I intend to complain about until it disappears for good, likely not in my lifetime.

Particularly when you are only really willing to stand up and complain when your guy loses. Yes, I am afraid, we are unfortunately always going to be cursed and stuck with a system that is only broken and unfair when Democrats lose.

Your interpretation of my words is a pretty obvious, desperate attempt to try to find something...

I didn't have to "find something" you said what you said. I understood you perfectly well, and didn't take a thing out of context.

For the rest of your boasting and bragging, mixed with bashing and trashing, have fun, enjoy your victory, and start figuring out how you are going to solve the problems in the next two years, because the bitching and whining about Bush is not going to cut it anymore.

Um....in a word, no. As I said, the disenfranchisement of minority voters is something that I intend to complain about until it disappears for good, likely not in my lifetime.

Particularly when you are only really willing to stand up and complain when your guy loses. Yes, I am afraid, we are unfortunately always going to be cursed and stuck with a system that is only broken and unfair when Democrats lose.

Your interpretation of my words is a pretty obvious, desperate attempt to try to find something...

I didn't have to "find something" you said what you said. I understood you perfectly well, and didn't take a thing out of context.

For the rest of your boasting and bragging, mixed with bashing and trashing, have fun, enjoy your victory, and start figuring out how you are going to solve the problems in the next two years, because the bitching and whining about Bush is not going to cut it anymore.

:blah: :crybaby: :crybaby: :orang:

Again, not that it matters (because I'm not actually in Congress), I do have the ability to walk & chew gum at the same time. Therefore, I should have no problem continuing to bash the most unqualified President of my lifetime, and advocating a positive agenda for America.

I am heartened by what I have heard from Pelosi & most Dems lately, as well. They intend to restore the oversight function of Congress - which has been completely absent under the corrupt, useless GOP Congress - as well as pursue a real agenda, starting with raising the minimum wage, changing our direction in Iraq, funding stem cell research & helping working families pay for college tuition, among other priorities.

It's a good day to be a Democrat....

Back