Isn't it Amazing?

Do you think that only Republicans can cheat? Or is it, Democrats are too ethical and good to cheat? Either we have major flaws in the integrity of the system, or we don't. Either you can finagle the Diebold machines and make them elect certain people, or you can't. There is no such thing as a system that is only broken when Democrats lose.

Well George "Macaca the Loser" Allen was all set to use voter irregularities as his pivot to a recount etc., but after careful consideration he is apparently going to abandon that idea and just concede at some point tomorrow. Was there disenfranchisement; but there was also several different hotlines set up and there were teams of lawyers wandering all over the places which had had the biggest problems last election and for some reason many of those places performed much better under scrutiny. Funny how that works. There doesn't appear to have been any places in Ohio where there was one machine for 100,000 black voters and other places where there was one machine for 100 white Republicans. So apparently the light of day drove most of the cockroaches back under the cabinets. I'm sure there were still problems but they weren't as egregeous or as wide-spread as they were elsewhere.

Meanwhile DemocracyNow.org, the most progressive website on the web is reporting this:
With around eighty percent of the electorate casting at least one vote electronically, voting problems were reported in scores of districts across the country. In Denver, hundreds of people were forced to wait long past the 7 p.m. voting deadline. Voting hours were extended in eight states. Hundreds of precincts in Florida, Indiana and Ohio turned to paper ballots amid problems with electronic voting machines. The Electronic Frontier Foundation reported dozens of complaints that touch-screen machines recorded votes for the wrong candidates. There were also scattered reports of voter intimidation. In Virginia, voters reported receiving telephone calls telling them to stay home or face criminal charges. In Arizona, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund reported Latino voters were stopped and questioned by three armed men outside a precinct in Tucson.

So yes there were problems and as usual the mainstream press isn't reporting on it, only progressive websites are following it. So I guess you were just plain wrong again Dixie. It's becoming a habit isn't it??? Being wrong, I mean???? Anything else??? Hey how about those Dems; they wind up taking the Senate just like I said they would; what was your projection, BILLO???? I don't remember you even having one. But you protested by voting a straight Republican ticket didn't you??? How is that working for you???? Did I share this with you; that was the biggest laugh of the day for me. So thanks for that...you're nearly always good for laugh BILLO!!!!

"I have never met Napoleon, but I plan to find the time."

DEMOCRACY NOW!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm inclined to let these things slide since it was such a decisive victory for Democrats;

See, this is what I figured. You aren't (and never were) concerned with whether the system is compromised, as long as your guy is winning. That's pretty sad, if you ask me.

ROFLMAO! Dixie, you are so bitter....

The notion of 'conservative values'... selfishness, prejudice, regressiveness, intolerance, hankering for a return to a mythical 'golden age' and economic social Darwinism are, and should be, repugnant to all who consider political philosophy to be anything other than serving their own selfish wants...

Hopefully we will see a sea-change in the US away from this repugnant ideology.....

It just can't be Dixie's brand of cons that caused the fall now can it ?

I don't believe it was, you are entitled to think so, but the facts just don't support it. First of all, you don't know what brand of con I am, you are presuming to know, and probably completely wrong.

I've not seen a single poll or study of the polls, that indicates 'conservative ideology' was an issue, most of them say it was Iraq. The Democrats who knocked off Republicans in key districts, were not Liberals, they were moderate to conservative Democrats.

If you think this election was some sort of endorsement of San Fran Nan's liberal values, you need to adjust the koolaid to crack ratio or something.

selfishness, prejudice, regressiveness, intolerance, hankering for a return to a mythical 'golden age' and economic social Darwinism

Sounds like LIBERAL values to me.

How?

Selfishness and economic social Darwinism are symptoms of conservative capitalism, regressiveness and hankering after a mythical golden age are classic conservative traits (always looking back to an ideal society that never existed) and conservatives are reknowned for intolerance and prejudice (see their treatment of immigrants and homosexuals)..

So how exactly are these liberal traits?

I fail to see how winning majorities in the two houses of the legislative branch of the federal government means that democrats now have to stop complaining about the incompetence, corruption and ineptitude of the executive branch of the federal government which is still controlled entirely by (inept incompetent and corrupt) republicans!

At least now we can begin to exercise a bit of oversight - and boy, will we!

How?

Selfishness and economic social Darwinism are symptoms of conservative capitalism, regressiveness and hankering after a mythical golden age are classic conservative traits (always looking back to an ideal society that never existed) and conservatives are reknowned for intolerance and prejudice (see their treatment of immigrants and homosexuals)..

So how exactly are these liberal traits?

Because of perspective, my dear man. You simply can't see this because you are a partisan. I know of NO conservative who thinks ANY of those traits apply to Conservatism, and if they did, they wouldn't be Conservatives! Because you, a Liberal, have determined these to be attributes, doesn't make it empirical fact, I hate to break that to you.

Let's take you list...
Selfishness: Liberals believe in ZERO personal responsibility.

Prejudice: Liberal issues are predicated on class and separation by class, which requires prejudice.

Regressiveness: The opposite of "progressiveness" which is a matter of viewpoint and perspective. What you think is progressive, I might find regressive, and visa versa.

Intolerance: Liberals are intolerant of God, any mention of God, people who believe in God, or any policy based in the morality held by faith in God. One need only look at the "tolerance" displayed for my words here, to find evidence of liberal intolerance.

Hankering for a return to a mythical 'golden age': Like the mythical time when marriage was same sex, and killing your baby was in vogue?

economic social Darwinism: Not sure what "economic social Darwinism" is. Liberalist economic policy is certainly a challenge to Darwin's theory that man has evolved. Socially, I can't think of anything more barbaric than sucking a partially-born baby's brain into a jar.

I think you'd do better to argue from a firm foundation of honesty and integrity, rather than trying to apply your own personal determinations about conservatives, and hope it goes unchallenged. The things you tried to attribute to conservatives, are subjective opinion, based on your biased thoughts. ...This is also known as "intolerance".

"I've not seen a single poll or study of the polls, that indicates 'conservative ideology' was an issue, most of them say it was Iraq. "

I hate to be the one to break this to you, Dixie, but the GOP has come to be associated much more with Iraq than with traditional FISCALLY conservative values. That little war of yours is going to cost you more than just Tuesday's election; it shaped an entire generation of voters. In the past few years, more Republicans have become independents, and more independents have become Democrats.

For this fiscal conservative, it couldn't be better news. The religious right & evangelical vote has been neutralized, probably for decades, and the Democrats have been given a golden opportunity to step up and become a long-term majority, hopefully through returning our government to fiscal responsibility after 6 nightmarish years when deficit spending was practically celebrated.

So, yeah...the vehicle for YOUR conservative values (anti-gay, anti-science, anti-women's choice), took a real beating on Tuesday....

you forgot anti-black...everyone knows Dixie is a racist in denial

Yep...true dat. The GOP is close to being marginalized as the party of southern, white social conservatives. Once of my favorite things about the analysis of this election was the speculation about how Republicans would be able to win in the Northeast again; a far cry from the old dilemma of how Dems could win in the south...

Originally Posted by maineman
you forgot anti-black...everyone knows Dixie is a racist in denial

Well, at least I am not a closet pedophile who threatens to rape people's children at gunpoint when I get drunk, like Mainperv.

You just can't help yourself, I know. Child predators are often unable to control themselves. So, you keep on running your mouth and making your slanderous remarks, and I will continue to point out the truth about you.

The religious right & evangelical vote has been neutralized, probably for decades...

This is funny since Democrats ran pro-life candidates to beat the republican, and so many 'morality-based' initiatives passed on Tuesday. I think this is the MYTH you want to create, and I understand why, it's part of the overall strategy. I get that.

when will you start pointing out that truth? The slander about me and children is completely unfounded...and I have been asking you to retract that for a year.

You'd be amazed at how reasonable I can be when people treat me reasonably.

Gawd Almighty, will the two of you PLEASE stop this infantile SHIT....it's enough to make anyone, want to quit this board or any board the two of you are on, together....

we have an ignore feature.

use it.

for the rest of your friends on this board, please use it.

Or stop being gosh darn three year olds and shut up!

Pretty Please!!!

care

when will you start pointing out that truth? The slander about me and children is completely unfounded...and I have been asking you to retract that for a year.

You'd be amazed at how reasonable I can be when people treat me reasonably.

No, it is not 'unfounded' because I have the predatory comments you made about my child, which were posted on Fullpolitics.com until the Admin took the threads down. You made a Mel Gibson type apology for the comments the next day, claiming you were drunk and didn't know what you were saying.

Now... where are all these "racist" comments I have made? Hmmm?

The religious right & evangelical vote has been neutralized, probably for decades...

This is funny since Democrats ran pro-life candidates to beat the republican, and so many 'morality-based' initiatives passed on Tuesday. I think this is the MYTH you want to create, and I understand why, it's part of the overall strategy. I get that.

They ran a few prominent pro-lifers, but in general, these were not candidates who were beholden to evangelicals, or who relied on their political arm for support. Gay marriage (the only issue that you have now besides the failed war in Iraq) was successful for you, but anti-choice & pro stem cell initiatives passed.

You can dream all you want, but as the GOP analyzes what went wrong, one of the glaring reasons that will be at the forefront is their disproportionate pandering to the evangelical vote. If you don't believe me, just read a few quotes from evangelical leaders about Tuesday's election. Their day in the political sun is over.

Back