Isn't it ironic?

icedancer2theend

Verified User
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Forest Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

Last edited:
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

The Park Service is part of the Interior Department, you ignorant piece of shit.

The Forest Service is not the Park Service. Jackass.

Are you suggesting that the US Forest Service have no Parks? That in these Forest Service Parks, Forest Service Rangers don't advise people to "not feed the animals". The only Jack ass who doesn't know jack is you, Mr. Idiot. Where did the little quip say that National Parks as opposed to Forest Service parks, were in question?

You are a total douche~

Meanwhile, the Forest Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

I suppose it's ironic if one considers other human beings as wild animals. :dunno:

It might, however, explain why Conservatives/Repubs are against programs to help people.

I suppose it's ironic if one considers other human beings as wild animals. :dunno:

It might, however, explain why Conservatives/Repubs are against programs to help people.

It might be why the war on poverty has failed to end poverty (as promised) and has instead created a dependent class.

It might be why the war on poverty has failed to end poverty (as promised) and has instead created a dependent class.

Doesn't the Bible say there will always be poor among us? While it may be impossible to completely eradicate poverty that doesn't mean we can't help people.

Remember the Repubs contesting the extension of UI benefits? Obviously someone eligible for UI benefits did work so it shows the Repubs are not interested in helping people. They use dependency and laziness as an excuse not to help.

You know just as well as I do poor people have lost their foraging skills.

Yes, because the recession was caused by a sudden outbreak of laziness. One day, people were strong and hard working. The next, everyone decided to start slacking off, and their strong, responsible bosses just had to fire them. Then they refused to look for jobs for far longer than people do when they normally get themselves fired. Truly an odd situation.

Doesn't the Bible say there will always be poor among us? While it may be impossible to completely eradicate poverty that doesn't mean we can't help people.

Remember the Repubs contesting the extension of UI benefits? Obviously someone eligible for UI benefits did work so it shows the Repubs are not interested in helping people. They use dependency and laziness as an excuse not to help.

This is where you really piss me off. You are interpreting something incorrectly here, and it needs to be pointed out before you get punched in the mouth. Republicans are NOT OPPOSED TO HELPING PEOPLE! Republicans contest continually and endlessly extending UI benefits, because we have to be realistic. At some point, we have to draw the line and say, sorry... can't do any more UI! We just can't keep paying people not to work, Apple. This is a classic example of how Liberalism clashes with reality and the viewpoint of conservatives. Many moons ago, Republicans and Democrats came together and agreed, we need to have some safety net in place for people who lose their jobs, so we invented unemployment insurance. We talked about it, and decided that 12 weeks was an appropriate amount of time for someone to look for another job and find something reasonably acceptable. Everyone should have been happy! The Liberals got what they wanted, to help people in need, the Republicans capitulated and allowed the program to be established.... but everyone was not happy, were they, Apple? Since then, Liberals have pushed for more and more time... 18 weeks... 24 weeks... 52 weeks... and we are now over 2 years, and pressing for more! When Republicans stand up and say, wait a minute.... they are hooted down by miscreants like you, claiming they don't want to help people!

IF there were any way to verify and confirm it, I would love to compare what I do yearly for the needy to what you do. I'd be willing to bet everything I own, that I am more benevolent than you in my personal life. And that's how it often is with Conservatives and Liberals, because while Conservatives believe in rolling up their sleeves and helping others with their individual effort, Liberals believe in stealing the money out of the pockets of others and giving it to someone else....that's how they help! You don't want to have to lift a finger to help anyone, because you know that you won't help anyone, and it makes you think that everyone is as selfish and self-centered, and so you've developed a political philosophy around that.

Actually I do put out carrots for the bunnies who visit my back yard. For a number of years now every Easter we'd see a bunny sititng under the blue spruce in the front yard. :)

I was actually talking about the National Parks, where they tell you to NOT FEED the animals... you probably DO feed them, believing that you are HELPING them!

This is not part of any systematic effort by the food stamp program to distribute more food stamps than they would otherwise. You would expect a program that issues aid to the needy to have increased demands in a recession. Because of population growth, this would, in all likelihood, be the "greatest amount of foodstamps ever". So, there has been literally no change in the individual targeting of this program. A person who was in these same circumstances in 2007 would receive foodstamps just the same. The only difference is that there are more of them.

Does my level of ability to take care of myself change because there are more people on food stamps? If not, then how are these two tidbits logically related at all, besides baseless equivocation? Did you oppose the food stamp program in 2007? Did it lead people to be unable to take care of themselves back then? If not, why did you suddenly change your mind?

If you want the program gone, say we should get rid of it. If you want it reformed from the state it's been in for the past few decades, propose the reforms. Cut the bullshit.

Wow. See I have missed a lot because the woman-haters have kept me busy on another thread. So ID writes something that is wrong, DH calls her on it, she goes back and edits her post to correct herself, and she owned him?

And comparing human beings to animals, that is so nice.

Does this apply to people who scam "free computers and internet access" from the taxpayer?

Let me guess, that's different...

What is a turgis?

Last edited by icedancer2theend; Today at 04:01 AM. Reason: Because some turgis are just too stupid~

Back