It appears the 40s kinda suck

my oldest was nearly 40 when he got married this past summer... my middle son is nearly 27 and still playing the field in NYC... my youngest (daughter) is getting ready to finish up law school and has a really wonderful novio that we are hoping will pop the question soon! The oldest will probably not wait too long before trying to start a family, but the other two are a ways away. Living in Mexico will necessarily limit my grandfathering a bit, but we'll make the most of the time together, I am sure.

This is just priceless: "Its not for lack of trying because we certainly fuck enough." :rofl2:
Most of the nosy busy body questions I get about having kids come from my wifes female relatives. When they ask why we haven't had kids yet I'm tempted to blurt out. "Cause Mrs. Hoople doesn't like to fuck."

Problem with that is they'd take me serious and would give her a hard time and then Mrs. Hoople would get mad and then she really wouldn't want to fuck...so I keep my mouth shut. :)

You could still adopt.
There are a lot of kids out there, that would love to have and need a family.
Just a suggestion.
We have actually given that consideration but wow...you're talking about dropping a lot of cash to make that happen and, to make things more difficult Mrs. Hoople only wants to adopt a baby...now that's real hard (and expensive) to pull off. I'm cool with any age. Orphans past the toddler stage are probably the ones most in need of adoptive parents but my wife is adamant it's got a be a baby. For a baby the cost is going to be around 30 to 40 thousand dollars. Adopting a foster child is far less costly (about 3 grand. 4 to 5 if you use a lawyer). That's the route I would like to pursue. Finding an adoptimve home for a baby is easy. Find a good permanent adoptive home for a foster child is hard and I think we would have a lot to offer there.

Last edited:
We have actually given that consideration but wow...you're talking about dropping a lot of cash to make that happen and, to make things more difficult Mrs. Hoople only wants to adopt a baby...now that's real hard (and expensive) to pull off. I'm cool with any age. Orphans past the toddler stage are probably the ones most in need of adoptive parents but my wife is adamant it's got a be a baby. For a baby the cost is going to be around 30 to 40 thousand dollars. Adopting a foster child is far less costly (about 3 grand. 4 to 5 if you use a lawyer). That's the route I would like to pursue. Finding an adoptimve home for a baby is easy. Find a good permanent adoptive home for a foster child is hard and I think we would have a lot to offer there.

Become a foster parent and then go for the adoption; because it eliminates the need to shell out lots of cash.
Contact your local CPS office.

It is very difficult and I don't think it should be so. My niece and nephew-in-law are in the process of adopting two more to go with their 1 they've already adopted. They're in their late 20's or early 30's, he's a preacher and my niece does some kind of work out of the home so their income is very limited. But they are doing quite well. I have some very good friends in Ohio who are having a much more difficult time with it. It just shouldn't be such a difficult process.

Oh, I wanted to add that I'm rather enjoying my 40's. But then I've enjoyed every decade so far...but the 20's were the hardest.

It is very difficult and I don't think it should be so. My niece and nephew-in-law are in the process of adopting two more to go with their 1 they've already adopted. They're in their late 20's or early 30's, he's a preacher and my niece does some kind of work out of the home so their income is very limited. But they are doing quite well. I have some very good friends in Ohio who are having a much more difficult time with it. It just shouldn't be such a difficult process.
Agreed but adoptions, particularly for babies are run mostly by agencies, a lot of which are religiously affiliated, and they have lots and lots of requirements which can become major road blocks. Most of the ones here in Ohio are ran by Catholic agencies and they won't even accept an application from us as I'm not a Catholic (though my wife is).

Most of the nosy busy body questions I get about having kids come from my wifes female relatives. When they ask why we haven't had kids yet I'm tempted to blurt out. "Cause Mrs. Hoople doesn't like to fuck."

Problem with that is they'd take me serious and would give her a hard time and then Mrs. Hoople would get mad and then she really wouldn't want to fuck...so I keep my mouth shut. :)

well that helps explain the sheep ;)

Agreed but adoptions, particularly for babies are run mostly by agencies, a lot of which are religiously affiliated, and they have lots and lots of requirements which can become major road blocks. Most of the ones here in Ohio are ran by Catholic agencies and they won't even accept an application from us as I'm not a Catholic (though my wife is).

Both families I mentioned are going the foster care route. It's tough either way.

Hey man, if you adopt a baby you'll be in your seventies when they are going to university, not good.

Back