Its time

Umm I think they are a top secret group made up of Rush Lintballs, Ralph Nader, Noam chomsky, Dickie cheney, and Bill gates.

Have your friends sold their stuff? Just remind them of the whole "theif in the night" verses. They may catch on to the whole idea that if they are right, they won't know when he is coming...
Keep pushing them - It may be your opportunity to get some good stuff cheap. Maybe even FREE! After all, what good will money do them in the Kingdom of Heaven?

For many people, morality relates to more than their tax status.

Or perhaps peer status pressures ?
Many I know go to church because it is what our local society and families expect of them.

Women can be downright naggy to the point of being bitchy about going to church.

The rapture is coming within the next couple of years. Believe me, I know. There's a couple of guys I know who are radical Christians, and they're telling me to dump everything and prepare for it. Not only that, but I had a dream about fearies. And, the Aztec calendar is ending. So I'm selling all my shit cheap. I don't need nothing but my smokes and my booze. I'll repent shortly and have my mansion in heaven. So long suckers.

Your an idiot if you don't believe it.

Anyone else see the retardidity of fundamental religious shit?

Wasn't there a group of people a few years ago in the South Pacific who did just that? They were completely convinced that the world would end on such-and-such date, and divested themselves of all their earthly belongings. Of course the date came and went ... just as all the other such dates will pass unheralded.

I saw interviews with some of those Heaven's Gate members before they all killed themselves; it was pretty sad. I was certain at the time that at least a couple of them had serious reservations about what they were planning to do, but presumably they felt they had more to lose by backing out so went along with the mass suicide. Sad, sad, sad.

Or perhaps peer status pressures ?
Many I know go to church because it is what our local society and families expect of them.

Women can be downright naggy to the point of being bitchy about going to church.

Plus, most churches themselves teach that the individual cannot truly understand things without a minister, pastor or priest. This is the level where the religion is corrupted, the ministers. They invent theories like muli-covenant dispensationalism to explain away the obvious narrative intent of the stories. Jesus was rebel against the pharisees, and explains in clear language how they are twisting the religion to their own benefit. Yet many still stupidly repeat "jesus was a jew" ad nauseum to obscure his true message. ;) So now we have to deal with Christian Zionists. DOH!

Don't get me started on women.

ethnically, yes, I understand, but in the bumper sticker world of human discourse this is used to equate to the argument "Jesus was a jew, and therefore all christians should be supportive of the agenda of Rabbinical Judaism."

this I agree with thee on.

"Beefy, you should get away from those guys. You can never tell if they get it into their heads that they need a sacrifice to get the rapture ball rolling. And if there are no virgins around, it's bound to be the fat guy! "

Holy shit... my side hurts from laughing so hard...

:)

If I hadn't seen those pics he posted of himself, and knew fully well that he is not fat, I wouldn't have said it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't be whisked to heaven during the rapture, with you, Darla, USC, and MissT. That's why I've been stocking up on ammo, guns, and canned food to survive the tribulation. I've often wondered how and why God is going to leave three billion buddists, hindus, muslims, and others on earth during the rapture. Are they really less deserving than a few hundred million evangelicals, fundamentalists, and baptists?

Personally, I'm joining forces with the hindus during the tribulation. Hindus can kick ass, and anyone who worships a cow, is going to be a good ally to have during the seven year tribulation.

Really...this sounds kind of hot Cypress. I'm glad you thought of me, since, sadly, you're right, I don't think I'm getting sucked up in the rapture either.

Back