Jade's collectors corner.

Never have been a collector, but the only thing I have that could remotely be considered a collection, are my Russian Orthodox icons. I make it a point to keep them as I inherit them, or as they are given to me. I display them in the traditional-style icon corner .

Not mine, but an example (Mary and baby Jesus)
f7cb5a879c2f8b974754c1deaacf71ba.jpg

Sidebar: My Canadian cousin had a work colleague who foolishly tried to smuggle out some traditional painted icons in her suitcase, and got busted at the Moscow airport. She received a three year sentence in a Russian prison. Hardcore, man. Basically, the Russian government doesn't fuck around with icon smugglers!

Wow -- stupid move on her part. Pre-Revolution Russian artifacts are worth lots and lots of money.

Awesome swords, and the Japanese swords are true works of art.

p.s., I marvel at your extraordinary thread ban list.
You could basically say it filters out all racists, bigots, sexist, dunces, dimwits, chumps, liars, libelers, slanderers, and mean girl gossipers. Good work, chap!

It's sad that if you want to have a pleasant non-political discussion with folks you have to ban some of them, but there you go. Glad JPP has that software function available.

I collect what are called Yu-Gi-Oh cards. It's a TCG, and I made a pretty penny selling this one on ebay for $58.00
attachment.php

It's sad that if you want to have a pleasant non-political discussion with folks you have to ban some of them, but there you go. Glad JPP has that software function available.

Fortunately, there are people like you and all my buddies here who make things interesting, even fun!
But I always find it remarkable how internet political forums attract the worst losers of society: a bevy of unrepentant racists bent on degenerate bigotry; a gaggle of gossiping washerwomen whose hobby appears to be libel and innuendo; a band of malignant misogynists whose only real talent appears to be tepid mediocrity.

Its a zoo out there, I tell ya!

Why do people show how butthurt they are by coming to a thread they were banned from, because of their behavior, and just groan everything? it's the one that had to be retroactively thread banned for acting like a Jr high tool over recipes. Funny people complain over a ban list despite this obvious issue. I didn't ban every conservative on the board, I only banned trolls, people who I pray are trolls, and those that derail discussions. Maybe think why you're on the list, and banned from friendly discussions. It's an obvious answer. If you can't leave your drama at the door, why should I even open it for you?

Awesome swords, and the Japanese swords are true works of art.

p.s., I marvel at your extraordinary thread ban list.
You could basically say it filters out all racists, bigots, sexist, dunces, dimwits, chumps, liars, libelers, slanderers, and mean girl gossipers. Good work, chap!
I opted not to do that in the pet thread. Only one moron decided to show up and troll a thread where we share stories/pics of our pets. Hard to believe.

Fortunately, there are people like you and all my buddies here who make things interesting, even fun!
But I always find it remarkable how internet political forums attract the worst losers of society: a bevy of unrepentant racists bent on degenerate bigotry; a gaggle of gossiping washerwomen whose hobby appears to be libel and innuendo; a band of malignant misogynists whose only real talent appears to be tepid mediocrity.

Its a zoo out there, I tell ya!
True story:

I'm always the last kid on the block to enter the current century. Never touched a computer until we got our daughter a computer for her sweet sixteen bday. (almost 14 years ago). That was just about the same time I condescended to get a cellphone.

I'll never forget the first hours of learning about the internet. I Googled 'Bill Maher', and found a message board. I still laugh about thinking that I would actually be able to chat with Bill. (Truth is, he wasn't a 'net' guy, but years before I got there, he would actually show up from time to time). I was dumbfounded by the nastiness, and idiotic discussion that I saw on that board. Of course, I'm not so naive anymore.

Why do people show how butthurt they are by coming to a thread they were banned from, because of their behavior, and just groan everything? it's the one that had to be retroactively thread banned for acting like a Jr high tool over recipes. Funny people complain over a ban list despite this obvious issue. I didn't ban every conservative on the board, I only banned trolls, people who I pray are trolls, and those that derail discussions. Maybe think why you're on the list, and banned from friendly discussions. It's an obvious answer. If you can't leave your drama at the door, why should I even open it for you?
So that's why the idiot from the other side of the lake is groaning everything?

Your work is beautiful.

Wow, that is some nice work, chap.
Thanks! I do plenty of work during the year, but I get the most satisfaction from these small jobs that I either give as gifts, or do as a service for a good cause. Somewhere I've got pix that highlight the frame, without the lights on inside the case.

I do 'collect' every concert ticket stub going back to the mid seventies. Sometimes I forget some of the shows I've seen....for about $8! Of course, Dead stubs account for quite a bit of room in that cigar box!

Mostly historical tools. Though I think I need more wall space.View attachment 5702

"Historical tools," lol. Husband likes to visit the gun departments in outdoor sporting goods stores wherever we find ourselves. The modern handguns aren't very appealing to me... too ugly and industrial looking. Some of the old revolvers and long guns are works of art though. Do you shoot these too or are they just for display?

Back