Just for fun, who is the most famous (infamous) person you ever met

Wait.....back in about 96 me and the rest of the guys on my softball team were extras in THE STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER MADE . Soooo dumb. So bad Im pretty sure it was only released on VHS. :laugh: The bad DOJO guy from the karate kid was in it along with some woman from one of the better soap operas and an actor from the show " Dallas" named Steve Kanaly. He was actually a pretty nice guy. Thats where I learned how long it can take to film a movie. We were there for hours and hours and hours to film our one and only little 5 minute part in the movie. We were the opposing team that the "good guys" were playing in one of their games. The movie was originally released as " The Marksmen",...but then re released as SLIDING HOME. Lemme tell ya,....if anybody ever paid the 3 bucks to rent that thing...THEY GOT HOSED!

It's rated 6.4 by IMDB, however I've never seen it myself.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0119622/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

LBJ ad RFK during their campaigns in 62 and 67

MLK in a midtown luncheonette in 66'

Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin Dick Clark. Nipsey Russel Betsy Palmer, all in midtown restaurants/bars in the mid 60's

Gov Madeline Kunin of Vermont , she visited the company I worked for and we all went out to lunch -1986

Gov Carol Campbell of SC -1993 work related
I’ve met two other famous politicians besides Mrs. Clinton. I met Senator John Ashcroft who was nothing like his public persona as he was quite witty and charming. I’ve also met former Ohio Governor and Congressman John Kasich when I accidentally walked into his congressional office in Reynoldsburg (a suburb on the east side of Columbus). Kasich was very rude to me and I left his office thinking he was a royal jerk.

An interesting note. after my run in with Kasich I swore I’d never vote for him. Same with Mrs. Clinton after her husband implemented a rule penalizing student loan borrowers in non payment status with a 25% fine who wear in non payment status. I was between jobs and was denied a forbearance. These incidents were in the mid 90’s and I had sworn I’d never vote for Kasich or a Clinton.

Trump then proceeded to make a liar out of me as I voted for Kasich in the Ohio GOP Primary then voted for Mrs. Clinton in the general election. LOL

I've met a lot of Dallas Cowboys- Troy Aikman, Moose, Harvey Martin, just to name a few. I DJ'ed their weddings!

I've met lots of Rock Stars, too many to mention. That was mostly during my Audio/Video/Music career! But some I just met in bars and clubs, back stage album signing parties, and etc.

I met Ann Margret, Tom Ewell, Jose Ferrer, and the entire cast of the movie State Fair. My family were extras in the film.

My family was also extras in other TV episodes like Dallas, Route 66, the Fugitive so I had the opportunities to meet stars on those sets.

Edie Brickell is my step-niece- and her father was Eddie Brickell world famous Bowler! Yes, I have met Paul Simon, Edie's husband, and know him well! I taught Edie to play the guitar!

I once met Hopalong Cassidy (William Boyd) in the check-out line at Safeway in Palm Springs on vacation when I was a kid. Nice man!

I met some other actors like Debbie Reynolds, Bob Hope, Sonny Bono, over the years that my uncle was friends and neighbors with who lived in Cathedral City or Palm Springs!

I also met Rudi Jiuliani- thought he was a Prick! :laugh:I worked his microphones and prompter at a money-raising event at a Dallas Hotel when he was running for president. We got into it after the event because he tried to sneak out without paying for his bill!

You meet a lot of famous people in the Audio/Video/Music business!
LOL When you said Hopalong Cassidy my first thought was Howard Cassidy Ohio States first Heisman trophy winner.

Ronald Reagan or Hillary Clinton.

I did not really meat her, but I walked by Queen Elizabeth once.

Back