Just got my new computer

cruisewhat:

d-bog+man.jpg

Poor Tom

Well, I installed my new 140mm case fan. The plastic part of the fan is totally touching my GPU. And the case is pushing up against the fan slightly. Extremely awkward.

Then again it's much quieter and my CPU doesn't go above 45C while running folding@home. The GPU is also a lot cooler, I guess there's a lot more airflow going through now. I intend to install a front intake fan at some point, actually I planned to do that tonight, but it turned out to be more complicated than I expected.

The new hard drive also came in. It's a Firecuda, which is probably overkill for a data drive, but I was mainly interested in the low noise that SSHD's typically have, and the five year warranty (in my experience, hard drives fail exactly as soon as the warranty ends). I'm currently transferring over my backed up d drive contents to it, at full blast, and it's completely silent.

Well, I installed my new 140mm case fan. The plastic part of the fan is totally touching my GPU. And the case is pushing up against the fan slightly. Extremely awkward.

Then again it's much quieter and my CPU doesn't go above 45C while running folding@home. The GPU is also a lot cooler, I guess there's a lot more airflow going through now. I intend to install a front intake fan at some point, actually I planned to do that tonight, but it turned out to be more complicated than I expected.

I stopped building my computers from scratch around 2006, when the main players, HP etc, began building better base mid towers and it no longer was worth my time to build my own, if I wanted to upgrade for games, I simply bought a new graphics card and if the already built case didn't come with enough power, I simply bought more power and exchanged the base one. But installing a front end fan, that was never complicated. Unless you didn't buy the right case.

It's difficult to take off the front panel of my case. This is one of the problems with the case noted in reviews. Tried looking for examples online, but it was 11:00 and I didn't feel like fucking with it anymore.

Back