APP - Justice Will Finally Be Served

From the OP link:

Bringing such notorious suspects to U.S. soil to face trial is a key step in Obama's plan to close the terror suspect detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Obama initially planned to close the detention center by Jan. 22, but the administration is no longer expected to meet that deadline.

As I recall, closing Gitmo by a certain date was a campaign promise. Looks like your Messiah lied.

A broken promise is not a lie, unless you knew you were not going to furfill the promise at the time you made it.

Eh it's good but I honestly feel a trail is just for show. What jury is going to deliberate for more than 30 seconds as to the guilt of those accused?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for it and feel it necessary. I just feel like its a forgone conclusion.

Eh it's good but I honestly feel a trail is just for show. What jury is going to deliberate for more than 30 seconds as to the guilt of those accused?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for it and feel it necessary. I just feel like its a forgone conclusion.

I hope so, but many trials are foregone conclusions, and sometimes although rarely you are suprised.

I reject that notion that this is show trial. There's some extremely important considerations here. Particularly for the 911 victims and the citizens of New York/Manhattan. The first is that justice will be done. The rule of law shall triumph over these criminals. They shall have a fair trial, which is a hell of a lot more then their victims recieved and suffer the consequences if found guilty. The secondary consideration is that the 911 survivors and NYC citizens will see these men brought to the scene of their crime (Manhattan) and brought to justice.

Again, the important principle here is that the rule of law shall triumph.

I hope so, but many trials are foregone conclusions, and sometimes although rarely you are suprised.
Well when the person is obviously guilty, for sure, but that doesn't mean they didn't get a fair trial by a jury of their peers. It's upholding the rule of law and having it prevail of these common criminals is the important principle here. The law wins, the criminals lose, justice is served. :)

Back