Last Universal Common Ancestor

Of course not, Matt. I think you and Darth made great janitors! :thup:

It’s all you seem to know, Matt. What else am I to think? That you are really a geochem PhD?

:palm:

False Dichotomy fallacy, there are a jillion (yes, that's a made-up term) other options.

There's every job ever besides janitor and "Geochem PhD"?

Which isn't really a job at all! Wtf? Kick yourself right in the ass for me, Dutch, you stupid fuck! Just for being a retarded fucking simp and shit.

Of course not, Matt. I think you and Darth made great janitors! :thup:

It’s all you seem to know, Matt. What else am I to think? That you are really a geochem PhD?

Dutch, you could never have done my job ever, not even in the best days of your life.

:palm:

False Dichotomy fallacy, there are a jillion (yes, that's a made-up term) other options.

There's every job ever besides janitor and "Geochem PhD"?

Which isn't really a job at all! Wtf? Kick yourself right in the ass for me, Dutch, you stupid fuck! Just for being a retarded fucking simp and shit.
Lemme guess, Matt; you have a Masters degree in Maintenance Engineering with a specialty in mopping and buffing.
How close am I?

giphy.gif

Lemme guess, Matt; you have a Masters degree in Maintenance Engineering with a specialty in mopping and buffing.
How close am I?

giphy.gif

Miles away, moron. But do continue. :D

I do know how to do a few things that are in that picture, though. Riding the buffer is not one. That thing doesn't have enough horsepower to do that to me.

Hmm..those things are corded, too. Where's the cord?

My dad had a masters in chemistry. He subscribed to at least two journals (monthly, I believe) on organic chemistry, his specialty. I tried at various times to read them but they might as well have been in Sanskrit. lol

I would be hard pressed to read any specialized academic research paper in genetics, microbiology, etc, and get anything valuable out of it. That's why we have science journalists!

I would be hard pressed to read any specialized academic research paper in genetics, microbiology, etc, and get anything valuable out of it. That's why we have science journalists!

I also admire science writers who can parse those difficult topics and then explain them so that non-experts can understand. Stephen Hawking was also very good at that.

Miles away, moron. But do continue. :D

I do know how to do a few things that are in that picture, though. Riding the buffer is not one. That thing doesn't have enough horsepower to do that to me.

Hmm..those things are corded, too. Where's the cord?
Oh, I get it now. You were a maintenance engineer for NASA. That would explain why you hate them so much.

The cord is wrapped around him. I can see you didn’t buff the floors in NASA’s photography and computer science labs.

8ylt.gif

Yes, we do but that didn't happen in my life till after my dad had passed away.
Which goes to prove you know more about chemistry than I do….at least the legal side of chemistry. LOL

Did your dad teach you any chemistry or was that the day when girls were expected to play with dolls?

Not exactly, but they do share many things in common, particularly when it comes to physiology.

I generally disagree. Since biology is driven by chemistry I tend to think it impossible to discuss biology in any meaningful fashion without some reliance on chemistry. I see your point, though, it is possible to discuss the life cycle of a living thing without reliance on chemistry but often it is the result of chemistry.

When discussing the ORIGINS of life and the earliest life I find this topic EXTREMELY fascinating because the chemistry is no longer as simple as "living" vs "non-living". You are probably familiar with the "homochirality" of life here on earth. Basically many of the chemicals our bodies use (and that life across the spectrum on earth) relies on one enantiomer of chemical compounds. Some organic chemicals have "handedness", basically how functional groups are arranged around a C-center and one is like a right handed molecule and the other is the exact same chemicals just arranged in a "left handed" manner. But almost all life on earth prefers one chirality over another.

Some scientists think this could mean that the earliest life may have been using mineral surfaces like clays (phyllosilicates) or carbonates which preferentially adsorb some chiralities over others. At some point the whole concept of what is "living" breaks down. Early life shows a nice relationship with the inorganic world.

Maybe we could discuss the Krebs cycle? :laugh:

Krebs cycle is 100% chemistry. Painfully so.

Let me know when you can whip up a batch of life with your Junior Scientist chemistry set, Perry PhD.

https://i.imgflip.com/7bui6u.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Please please please can we discuss science and stop insulting me? Just would feel a bit more interesting. I know attacking is more fun that thinking, but let's try the second for a bit, shall we?

Back