Law School or M.B.A?

Epicurus

Reasonable
Socrtease, Jarod, Chapdog, and Topspin:

Make your case here.

Which path is better?

Are you satisfied where you are right now?

Are you satisfied with your future career prospects?

Is your salary good? Are your hours killer?

Do share. Enquiring minds want to know.

I'd go with which one you think will engage you more or make you happier.
My choice was MBA or CPA and I chose MBA. Didn't help much in the oil industry but it help ed in investing. Took a professional financial planning class.
Both Lawyers and MBA's prob average over $100,000 is they are decent though lawyers prob make more. The MBA is quicker and easier to achieve.

Get a law degree in the specialization that interests you, then if you feel it would benefit you, go back for a year and get an MBA. These days, an MBA alone won't give you much advantage -- you have to combine it with another professional degree.

Get a law degree in the specialization that interests you, then if you feel it would benefit you, go back for a year and get an MBA. These days, an MBA alone won't give you much advantage -- you have to combine it with another professional degree.

That's true and a major advantage for the law school route. It's easier to get an M.B.A just by delaying working a year.

I have a family full of lawyers so I could get easy help finding a good job at a firm if I decided to go that path.

I'm more interested in law than pursuing an M.B.A, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion.

That's useful advice too.

I would hate to end up in a job I couldn't stand, even if it was lucrative

Yep, one needs to be true to themselves.

just between you and I, and no reflection intended on you, but I could never be a lawyer. I could not defend someone I thought was guilty.
But that is me. my morals have gotten in the way of "success" a few times.

Yep, one needs to be true to themselves.

just between you and I, and no reflection intended on you, but I could never be a lawyer. I could not defend someone I thought was guilty.
But that is me. my morals have gotten in the way of "success" a few times.

None taken. Not everyone could. It doesn't bother me though. I would have defended OJ if he had paid me enough because everyone deserves to be defended. I'm able to rationalize it to myself.

I guess I am just too soft headed or hearted. I could not be a repo type of person either. Although I can rationalize that. Too much empathy for my own good sometimes.

I guess I am just too soft headed or hearted. I could not be a repo type of person either. Although I can rationalize that. Too much empathy for my own good sometimes.

I don't think so. Who else do you see when you look in the mirror? We all have to live primarily with ourselves and what we've done.

Back