Leap Day...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
It's Leap Day... That silly girl should make a song about it.

Isn't it supposed to be good luck or something?

I don't know but a guy at my networking meeting this morning said it was also Sadie Hawkins day? Is Sadie Hawkins day every leap year? I am not sure about either.

I don't know but a guy at my networking meeting this morning said it was also Sadie Hawkins day? Is Sadie Hawkins day every leap year? I am not sure about either.

This is the one day in four years it is 'ok' for the ladies to propose to guys...

Actually, it looks like I didn't know what Sadie hawkins is! I thought it was the day once a year girls "can" ask boys out, to dances etc. But SF you're right, "official" Sadie Hawkins day is about marriage proposals and leap year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Day

Wow, SF schooled me on something! It really is a leap year! You won't see that again for four years, mark it down!

Are you fishing for something SF? ;)

No, I know what Sadie hawkins is, I just didn't realize it only happens once every four years, on leap year. I never knew that, but I guess it's true.

Leap year is more rare than that, actually. Century years not divisible by 400 omit the leap day. 1900 was not a leap year, 2000 was, 1700, 1800 were not... Century years 2100, 2200, 2300, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2900, and 3000 will not be leap years, but 2400 and 2800 will be.

So, sometimes they have to wait a bit longer for their birthday...

Actually, it looks like I didn't know what Sadie hawkins is! I thought it was the day once a year girls "can" ask boys out, to dances etc. But SF you're right, "official" Sadie Hawkins day is about marriage proposals and leap year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Day

Wow, SF schooled me on something! It really is a leap year! You won't see that again for four years, mark it down!
Ask him to school you in sex. I bet you wait longer than 4 years!!! ;)

It's "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think" Dorothy Parker and did you just call me a whore?

Grind, ban Mott from these threads.

I have to go get some work done.

Well you know the old saying Darla. You can lead a horse to water but you can't lead a horticulture. :) (don't take that the wrong way. I'm refering to us guys.)

Oh did you edit in the last part? I almost was going go "emasculate" you, I did get a bit mad. Good thing you clarified!

Shorter Damo: I can teach you something, too, Darla! Look at me!
LOL. I've never found that teaching anybody anything at all, unless they actually ask you to, is the best way to impress them. It has an opposite effect. That being said, trivial information is my specialty. One of these days I'll be on Jeopardy! and win the bank.

LOL. I've never found that teaching anybody anything at all, unless they actually ask you to, is the best way to impress them. It has an opposite effect. That being said, trivial information is my specialty. One of these days I'll be on Jeopardy! and win the bank.

I'd kick your ass at Jeopardy. No question in my mind.

I took the online test a while back and apparently didn't do so hot. Never got the call. I'm generally pretty good but then they throw opera and ballet and classical music and other "culture" shit at you and I don't know a fucking thing about any of it.

I'd kick your ass at Jeopardy. No question in my mind.

I took the online test a while back and apparently didn't do so hot. Never got the call. I'm generally pretty good but then they throw opera and ballet and classical music and other "culture" shit at you and I don't know a fucking thing about any of it.

Yet you think you can beat me. For shame.

You got competition here dude. I know more worthless trivia then Rosy Perez!

Back