Lesbian criticizes Picasso.

BidenPresident

Verified User
“It’s Pablo-matic: Picasso According to Hannah Gadsby”, an exhibition that opened on June 2nd at the Brooklyn Museum in New York.

It was arguably risky to hand the reins to an artist who has dismissed Picasso’s innovation of Cubism as “a kaleidoscope filter on [his] cock.”

All of this makes Gadsby’s rather blunt commentary seem churlish at times. Alongside Picasso’s slight plaster sculpture “Pleureuse (Crying Woman)”, Gadsby writes that the piece makes clear why “so many people point out that Picasso had no formal training in sculpture. It is hard to be impressed otherwise.”

https://www.economist.com/culture/2...tion-hannah-gadsby-takes-aim-at-pablo-picasso

Seriously, this is the state of our culture? A lesbian hating Picasso because he is a man?!

“It’s Pablo-matic: Picasso According to Hannah Gadsby”, an exhibition that opened on June 2nd at the Brooklyn Museum in New York.

It was arguably risky to hand the reins to an artist who has dismissed Picasso’s innovation of Cubism as “a kaleidoscope filter on [his] cock.”

All of this makes Gadsby’s rather blunt commentary seem churlish at times. Alongside Picasso’s slight plaster sculpture “Pleureuse (Crying Woman)”, Gadsby writes that the piece makes clear why “so many people point out that Picasso had no formal training in sculpture. It is hard to be impressed otherwise.”

https://www.economist.com/culture/2...tion-hannah-gadsby-takes-aim-at-pablo-picasso

Seriously, this is the state of our culture? A lesbian hating Picasso because he is a man?!
. A service dog gets his own college diploma, winning huge cheers

They got through college together — and when Grace Mariani took to the stage to receive her diploma at Seton Hall University this week, her service dog, Justin, was right beside her.

Her fellow graduates cheered as school President Joseph Nyre handed Mariani her diploma. She earned a B.S. in education, graduating magna cum laude.

Then Nyre held out a diploma for Justin, and the crowd inside the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., erupted.
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/27/1178478110/service-dog-college-diploma
:gives:

To be fair, Picasso was a man with issues. He didn't treat the women in his life well.

And it's always fair game to critique art. There's a role for iconoclasm in the arts. Even Gadsby has been a revolutionary of sorts in her own art of "stand up". Art moves forward by overturning the received wisdom of the past.

. A service dog gets his own college diploma, winning huge cheers

They got through college together — and when Grace Mariani took to the stage to receive her diploma at Seton Hall University this week, her service dog, Justin, was right beside her.

Her fellow graduates cheered as school President Joseph Nyre handed Mariani her diploma. She earned a B.S. in education, graduating magna cum laude.

Then Nyre held out a diploma for Justin, and the crowd inside the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., erupted.
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/27/1178478110/service-dog-college-diploma
:gives:
Love this!! Thanks for posting!

To be fair, Picasso was a man with issues. He didn't treat the women in his life well.

And it's always fair game to critique art. There's a role for iconoclasm in the arts. Even Gadsby has been a revolutionary of sorts in her own art of "stand up". Art moves forward by overturning the received wisdom of the past.

Gadsby know nothing about art. Her comments are at the level of someone flicking boogers.

Art is so subjective, isn't it?

I can appreciate Picasso a little bit, but hip hop music makes me want to vomit.

So much of the music that I loved as a kid was Afro-centric--trad jazz, bebop, doowop, jump blues, Stax/Atlantic-style soul--
and now the entire black race is out to kill me with annoying noise.

Oh the horror

Someone doesn’t like Picasso

Art is so subjective, isn't it?

I can appreciate Picasso a little bit, but hip hop music makes me want to vomit.

So much of the music that I loved as a kid was Afro-centric--trad jazz, bebop, doowop, jump blues, Stax/Atlantic-style soul--
and now the entire black race is out to kill me with annoying noise.

Are no not aware that black music isn’t just rap?

Back