Let's be honest about how we live.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
First off, "soak the rich" is an old and discredited talking point that even George Bush Sr. pissed on when he put forth a 10% luxury tax. Do some honest research and you'll see that not only did it NOT destroy industries like yacht building, but those businesses actually did better during the time folk like you were parroting such drivel as you are now.

As to "how much"...let's start with eliminating "corporate welfare" and tax breaks for corporations that out source jobs.....that will put a hell of a lot more money into the country's revenue coffers. Then you could re-instate the transaction tax on Wall St., great for NYC.

Note that Obama gave in on the proposed additional tax on income above $250K and moved it to $450K. To date, I don't hear of massive business failure or exodus from the country.

Remember....YOU are NOT rich. And the Rich folk DID NOT create jobs, nor did their wealth "trickle down" to you.

More Communist talking points and yes it is the RICH that create jobs, you moron!

I notice that you avoided all my points....typical of a neocon/teabagger parrot who cannot debate the issue beyond repeating Limbaugh talking points. What "jobs" did the rich create in the last 30 years, genius? Or did you sleep through the recession, Enron, Wall St. and bankers housing crisis?

I notice that you avoided all my points....typical of a neocon/teabagger parrot who cannot debate the issue beyond repeating Limbaugh talking points. What "jobs" did the rich create in the last 30 years, genius? Or did you sleep through the recession, Enron, Wall St. and bankers housing crisis?
The rich created all of them

Mott that's weak sauce, the 50 percent who didn't heritage it didn't work for it!
They must have bet against Ohio slow
Well they sure as hell didn't get a degree from LSWho if they earned it! :p

I think we're pretty much on the same page Topper. Your sources are saying 80% of the wealthy are new and my sources show that's really only about 50%. My source was from a peer reviewed journal, your source was from a book you bought at the airport.

Back