Let's Flash Forward to 2056

You'd only have to be a decade older than me to be statistically dead at that time. I do realize that "X will be dead as fuck" is sort of a rude thing to say, and I app o ol o guys.

Which would ignore extended lifespans over time. Predictions based on today's statistics will be as inaccurate then as predicting a lifespan in the 1950s for somebody in 2000 based on their statistical lifespans in 1950...

Which would ignore extended lifespans over time. Predictions based on today's statistics will be as inaccurate then as predicting a lifespan in the 1950s for somebody in 2000 based on their statistical lifespans in 1950...[/]

Life-Expectancy-at-Birth.png

I thought life expectancy had plateaued, but it actually hasn't plateaued as much as I though. Gains from 1970 to 2010 were still about half those of 1880 to 1920, though. And, as I am a pessimist, I would expect the rate of change to continue to decline.

LOL... yet I still have forgotten more about economics and finance than you will ever have known.
When I was your age I was down to only 100k in investments.
I'm sure you can use that economic knowledge to wind up with a lot more than 1.5 mm by the time you reach 50

Back