Liberals versus Deodorant

TheDanold

Unimatrix
Liberal Democrats are in power more in states now (including mine) and wasting no time overregulation like extremists on even such things as deodorant.

"After a decade of cracking down on power plants in an effort to clean up ozone air pollution, environmental regulators in Ohio this year zeroed in on another culprit - deodorant.

Deodorants, as well as hair spray, car wax and windshield washer fluid, contain small amounts of volatile organic compounds that contribute to making ozone, an ingredient in urban smog.

So the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency put limits on the amount of those compounds in consumer products sold in the state."
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_6495948

Anyone note the irony of how the left 15 years ago was obsessed over loss of ozone that they introduced regulation against products which reduced ozone like aerosols. NOW they pass regulation to reduce ozone itself under the same guise of protecting us from the harmful consequents?
Why not legalize all and they will roughly balance themselves out, rather than banning both and having them roughly equalize out anyway?
Liberal Democrats are against freedom of choice and for regulating people's choices.

Liberals may not think they need deodorant, and hopefully they will procreate less as a result of that, but do they have to force the rest of us to stink as bad as them?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Good job OH.

So it's a good idea to ban products that reduce ozone and also to ban products that increase ozone?

And of course (even if the above did make any sense) we're talking about incredibly neglible amounts of ozone.
Ridiculous, you know Tiana you used to be one of the few who was objective, but rereading things lately I realize that it didn't really matter what they banned so long as it was a Democrat who did it and it pissed me off, then hey, must be a good thing right?

Catch me up a bit here on this forum, why do you hate Ass-Hat Zombie so much? I read his posts and he just sounds like some lefty ranting on against globalization, no?

I have to question the validity of this article. It really does not give us a bill or a source that tells us where to get the fine details of what they are trying to get done. The article is from Denver and you can't find an article from Ohio about it. Just seems like someone making up crap and people believe it.

Au Contrare Dano, I am a true fiscal con.
So you support privatization of SS, the repeal of the Food Stamp Act, school vouchers, tax cuts, decline of Medicare/Medicaid and health regulations and moving to more market based healthcare and general cuts to government?

So it's a good idea to ban products that reduce ozone and also to ban products that increase ozone?

And of course (even if the above did make any sense) we're talking about incredibly neglible amounts of ozone.
Ridiculous, you know Tiana you used to be one of the few who was objective, but rereading things lately I realize that it didn't really matter what they banned so long as it was a Democrat who did it and it pissed me off, then hey, must be a good thing right?

Catch me up a bit here on this forum, why do you hate Ass-Hat Zombie so much? I read his posts and he just sounds like some lefty ranting on against globalization, no?

More of your over the top hyperbole/lies:

"So the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency put limits on the amount of those compounds in consumer products sold in the state."

I have to question the validity of this article. It really does not give us a bill or a source that tells us where to get the fine details of what they are trying to get done. The article is from Denver and you can't find an article from Ohio about it. Just seems like someone making up crap and people believe it.
Probably most in the media have never examined the finer details of the legislation. I dunno man, it looks legit to me, the Denver Post is Denver's biggest paper, she gave a quote from Ohio's environmental agency and she has her phone number and email at the end.

Probably there are articles in Ohio about this but just not front-page material.

Probably most in the media have never examined the finer details of the legislation. I dunno man, it looks legit to me, the Denver Post is Denver's biggest paper, she gave a quote from Ohio's environmental agency and she has her phone number and email at the end.

Probably there are articles in Ohio about this but just not front-page material.

Translation: It gives me an opportunity to bash liberals and liberalism, so I'm all on it.

So you support privatization of SS, the repeal of the Food Stamp Act, school vouchers, tax cuts, decline of Medicare/Medicaid and health regulations and moving to more market based healthcare and general cuts to government?

Hmm much of that is political conservatism, not fiscal.
I believe in a balanced budget and responsible spending.

Last edited:

Any healthcare worker will tell you that not for profit hospitals have far superior services.

More of your over the top hyperbole/lies:

"So the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency put limits on the amount of those compounds in consumer products sold in the state."
Which effectively bans certain types of deodorants unless they change. It does more than that to, it will almost certainly raise the cost of the product (as companies in general use the cheapest ingredient for whichever purpose, they will have to move to a more expensive one).

Lastly it does limit choice.
If you create a nice smelling homemade deodorant and you want to go sell it, do you know how much ozone is in it? Of course not, but you would have to know that to legally sell it thanks to this law. That would require you paying large amounts of cash to a chem lab to determine that, which is nowhere near worth the cost compared to the price you MIGHT get back in selling it to start out.

Thus it IMPLICTLY kills off smaller competitors and favors bigger companies who can afford that, which again also increases cost with less competition and more process.

Hmm some of the fastest growing companies are the natural type ones....
I have made a bundle on some of them.
How much organic produce is on your grocery store shelves now vs 10 years ago ?

Any healthcare worker will tell you that not for profit hospitals have far superior services.

I don't hear that from healthcare workers that have moved to the US from Canada but in any case it is not that relevant because you're asking the wrong source, it is the CUSTOMER who decides who has superior services and given that people travel from all over the world to the US for healthcare, CLEARLY shows that we have superior quality healthcare.

Profit gives ANY business a reason TO care. Do you really think you would provide your customers with better quality service if you didn't have to worry about profit and thus worry about them being happy and coming back?

There is quite a doctor shortage in Canada because the doctors are moving here, not because of money, but because of limitations on their practice in Canada. They list most often in the articles I have read, "I cannot practice medicine as I was taught!" as the reason they are leaving.

I'm glad we have more doctors to help ours out, but I don't want a system that doctors leave because they are too limited in the way that they can practice medicine.

I don't hear that from healthcare workers that have moved to the US from Canada but in any case it is not that relevant because you're asking the wrong source, it is the CUSTOMER who decides who has superior services and given that people travel from all over the world to the US for healthcare, CLEARLY shows that we have superior quality healthcare.

Profit gives ANY business a reason TO care. Do you really think you would provide your customers with better quality service if you didn't have to worry about profit and thus worry about them being happy and coming back?

Profit gives them reason to sell us stuff we might not even need. That does not necessarially equate to the best health care.

Back