Libya Counts on Tourism to Help Rebuild

If I had an x-box, I thing as long as your smart... its not super dangerous, but I lived on the edge before I had kids.

You've got kids now, and I don't really need your Xbox .. all of us would rather have you.

Do something safer .. like bungee jumping off tall buildings. :0) It would be safer than you in Libya.

There are a lot of fascinating things to see in this world. And of course, anyone can be killed on the way home from work tonight. However, of all the ways there are in this world to die, being held prisoner in a cage in an orange jumpsuit (though, surprisingly, orange is not really that bad of a color on me as I can pull off both warm and cool color palates), only to have my head cut off as a group of men film it so they can put it on the internet and my family can be subjected to it, is really pretty much way way up on my list of deaths to avoid.

But you know, that's me.

I was in Moscow in 86', and Beijing in 89', then I spend all my money on college and haven't traveled to any hot spots since... ohh, except L.A. during the King riots.

Its very exciting to be where things are falling apart!

I went to many places in Eastern Europe in the early '90s, including Bucharest and Moscow which were dodgy places back then especially Bucharest just after Ceausescu's downfall.

Britons in aid convoy kidnapped and sexually assaulted in Libya
Three women taking part in aid convoy to Gaza are attacked in Benghazi
March 28, 2013

Three women who were part of an aid convoy passing through Libya on the way to Gaza have been sexually assaulted in Benghazi, after a group of five British nationals were briefly kidnapped.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/28/britons-kidnapped-sexually-assaulted-libya

British sisters on aid trip are kidnapped and raped in front of their father after being stopped at Libyan checkpoint
March 29. 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-stopped-Libyan-checkpoint.html#ixzz2dNetZGSC

Britons in aid convoy kidnapped and sexually assaulted in Libya
Three women taking part in aid convoy to Gaza are attacked in Benghazi
March 28, 2013

Three women who were part of an aid convoy passing through Libya on the way to Gaza have been sexually assaulted in Benghazi, after a group of five British nationals were briefly kidnapped.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/28/britons-kidnapped-sexually-assaulted-libya

British sisters on aid trip are kidnapped and raped in front of their father after being stopped at Libyan checkpoint
March 29. 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-stopped-Libyan-checkpoint.html#ixzz2dNetZGSC

You love to play games, don't you? I am not advocating anyone going to Benghazi as it is not stable enough now. There isn't that much to see there anyway unless you are interested in WW2 battle sites. I assume that you are also clever enough to know that there is 1000 kms of desert between Tripoli and Benghazi.

You love to play games, don't you? I am not advocating anyone going to Benghazi as it is not stable enough now. There isn't that much to see there anyway unless you are interested in WW2 battle sites. I assume that you are also clever enough to know that there is 1000 kms of desert between Tripoli and Benghazi.

Sports yes, but I've never been much on games. I'd much rather read a book or dig out some truth .. which is probably why I'm much better at it then you are.

Libya Army Deploys in Tripoli as Violence Soars
August 8, 2013

Libya's army said on Friday it had deployed reinforcements in the capital Tripoli and its suburbs to bolster security after weeks of deadly violence.

An Agence France Presse correspondent said he saw more than 100 armored troop carriers and military vehicles mounted with machineguns and anti-aircraft guns rumble into Tripoli late Thursday.

"Army units have been deployed in the capital and its suburbs to secure them during the Eid al-Fitr holiday (marking the end of Ramadan) and thereafter," the military said in a statement on its Facebook page.

The official Libyan news agency LANA said troops were deployed in several parts of the capital and its suburbs in a bid to "reassure people during Eid al-Fitr."

The army said the deployment was ordered by Nuri Bousahmein, the president of the General National Congress, Libya's highest political authority.

Libya has been hit by lawlessness and deadly violence since the overthrow of veteran dictator Moammar Gadhafi in a 2011 uprising.

Over the past few weeks Tripoli and its surrounds have been rocked by attacks and clashes between rival militias who helped topple Gadhafi.
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/93768

You're here posting dumb shit, and you're telling my friend Jarod that Tripoli is a wonderful place to visit, Libya is a wonderful place to go eat strange food .. even though you refuse to say when you are going.

That's stupid. Libya is a dangerous fucking place .. FAR more dangerous than before Obama and NATO came bombing.

Excuse me if I tell my friend the truth.

You can say any ol' dumb ass thing you want .. then I'll refute it and tell people the truth.

Libya is a dangerous fucking place .. FAR more dangerous than before Obama and NATO came bombing.

^
jeebus, nothing seems to work there, i believe this is a called a "failed state" or fractured at best.

*Great humanitarian work Mr Obama :eek: * drippingly sarcastic to the point of tragical

Characterizing the 2011 Libyan project with weirdly passive syntax (“It is our military that is being volunteered by others to carry out missions”), he explained his sashay into Libya’s civil war as preemptive:

I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action.”
With characteristic self-satisfaction, Obama embraced the doctrine “R2P” — responsibility to protect civilians — and Libya looked like an opportunity for an inexpensive morality gesture using high explosives

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-11e3-bdf6-e4fc677d94a1_story.html?tid=pm_pop

My mother traveled, with two of her female friends, to Istanbul, Tanagers and Casablanca in 2002, all Muslim countries. My wack job conservative Uncle went Krazy with a capital K over her safety. He offered her $10,000 not to go. (He's rich, she is not.)

She had a great time and had 0 problems regarding safety even though they were three women traveling alone in these nations just after 9-11.

Sports yes, but I've never been much on games. I'd much rather read a book or dig out some truth .. which is probably why I'm much better at it then you are.

Libya Army Deploys in Tripoli as Violence Soars
August 8, 2013

Libya's army said on Friday it had deployed reinforcements in the capital Tripoli and its suburbs to bolster security after weeks of deadly violence.

An Agence France Presse correspondent said he saw more than 100 armored troop carriers and military vehicles mounted with machineguns and anti-aircraft guns rumble into Tripoli late Thursday.

"Army units have been deployed in the capital and its suburbs to secure them during the Eid al-Fitr holiday (marking the end of Ramadan) and thereafter," the military said in a statement on its Facebook page.

The official Libyan news agency LANA said troops were deployed in several parts of the capital and its suburbs in a bid to "reassure people during Eid al-Fitr."

The army said the deployment was ordered by Nuri Bousahmein, the president of the General National Congress, Libya's highest political authority.

Libya has been hit by lawlessness and deadly violence since the overthrow of veteran dictator Moammar Gadhafi in a 2011 uprising.

Over the past few weeks Tripoli and its surrounds have been rocked by attacks and clashes between rival militias who helped topple Gadhafi.
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/93768

You're here posting dumb shit, and you're telling my friend Jarod that Tripoli is a wonderful place to visit, Libya is a wonderful place to go eat strange food .. even though you refuse to say when you are going.

That's stupid. Libya is a dangerous fucking place .. FAR more dangerous than before Obama and NATO came bombing.

You can say any ol' dumb ass thing you want .. then I'll refute it and tell people the truth.

Why do I get the feeling that you've never been out of the States?

My mother traveled, with two of her female friends, to Istanbul, Tanagers and Casablanca in 2002, all Muslim countries. My wack job conservative Uncle went Krazy with a capital K over her safety. He offered her $10,000 not to go. (He's rich, she is not.)

She had a great time and had 0 problems regarding safety even though they were three women traveling alone in these nations just after 9-11.

Sort of like, I put my hand in a box full of snakes and didn't get bitten .. which means I can't get bitten.

"I've lived with Grizzly bears for many years .. they would never eat me." -- signed, the Grizzly Man .. last seen as a lump of doodoo coming out of a Grizzly bears ass.

Like so many on the cynical left, you practically go orgasmic at any bad news. The falling of the Iron Curtain must have been a real day of sorrow for you.

Actually the failure of the failed state of England to hold onto these lands was a happier day for me.

I was there. :0)

I have news for you, Istanbul, Tangiers and Casablanca are not countries. Millions of people go on holiday to Turkey and Morocco every year, even the occasional American.

I have news for you, Istanbul, Tangiers and Casablanca are not countries. Millions of people go on holiday to Turkey and Morocco every year, even the occasional American.

Actually, I just re-read my post, I did not call those cities countries. Ugh, you are a fool.

I know people visit those countries often, but you should have seen how terrified her conservative friends were about her going.

Back