APP - Life is sacred!, do we let the poor die?

all I remember is reading about 300 pages a day....I went to Valparaiso....where are you at?.....

I'm gonna put it here then delete it because I don't want that kind of personal info just hanging around, so don't quote my response. I'm at *****. I'm facing pretty much the same workload you describe. It's pretty overwhelming on the surface but if you just stay disciplined you can avoid getting behind. And for Froggie, we shed about 30% of our class of 206 by the end of the first year.

Last edited:
Do you like the reading or is it mostly stuff that makes your head nod?

30%, but you will do well, hang in there, amigo!

30%, but you will do well, hang in there, amigo!

Depends on the subject. Civil Procedure and Criminal Law I don't mind, though I seem to be a minority opinion there with most of my classmates.

Torts, which all first-years seem to find endlessly fascinating, bores me to tears. Contracts is somewhere in the middle.

And thanks froggie. I think I would do a lot better if I just disabled my internet connection. I've spent a good part of today messing around on this forum and on facebook when I should have been writing this legal analysis due on monday.

Depends on the subject. Civil Procedure and Criminal Law I don't mind, though I seem to be a minority opinion there with most of my classmates.

Torts, which all first-years seem to find endlessly fascinating, bores me to tears. Contracts is somewhere in the middle.

And thanks froggie. I think I would do a lot better if I just disabled my internet connection. I've spent a good part of today messing around on this forum and on facebook when I should have been writing this legal analysis due on monday.
Consider it your mindless duty to yourself. We all need to take a break and some times let off steam! Momma will jump on you if you are here too much!

typical approach when I went (35 years ago) was to assign a half dozen cases, then require you to be able to distinguish them in class from a fact situation provided by the prof.....

typical approach when I went (35 years ago) was to assign a half dozen cases, then require you to be able to distinguish them in class from a fact situation provided by the prof.....
I guess depending on the case it might be interesting.

The basic mechanics of law school really haven't changed since the 19th century. You read cases rather than reading "the law", to be able to distinguish fact patterns, while professors attempt to play Socrates asking you a never-ending series of questions about hypotheticals.

The basic mechanics of law school really haven't changed since the 19th century. You read cases rather than reading "the law", to be able to distinguish fact patterns, while professors attempt to play Socrates asking you a never-ending series of questions about hypotheticals.
No wonder you are so good on here.

You're too kind.

It's sort of intense when you're in the line of fire in front of seventy of your classmates desperately praying you have the right answer. And of course even if you do, the professor doesn't commend you. They're just disappointed they didn't get to drag the torture out a little longer.

I guess it hasn't changed then....the Socratic method was king when I went as well....I got the honors paper in both business law and criminal law....so I decided to specialize in representing businessmen who were crooks.....

It's sort of intense when you're in the line of fire in front of seventy of your classmates desperately praying you have the right answer.

lol, that hasn't changed either...if you got it right, the prof wouldn't be looking for the next person in line to try to answer it.....

I guess it hasn't changed then....the Socratic method was king when I went as well....I got the honors paper in both business law and criminal law....so I decided to specialize in representing businessmen who were crooks.....

Haha nice. And I assume the honors paper is like getting the Book? Eg. Booking a class. If so, congrats. That is awesome.

Haha nice. And I assume the honors paper is like getting the Book? Eg. Booking a class. If so, congrats. That is awesome.

hmm, probably....highest grade on the final exam for a class, we did get a book, as I recall.....I don't remember reading it though..../grin....

Back