Looks like the BCS got it wrong again.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
It's looking pretty clear that the Big 12 was the best conference from top to bottom this year and if LSWho beats Bama it will be glaring evidence that the BCS got it wrong...again. I hope the AP votes OK St a share of the nation championship. They've earned it. Though I don't know what I'm bitching about. It's not the SEC that's preventing us from having a national championship playoff.

I wish they would do a "plus 1" and have the winner of LSWho/Bama vs OK St. It would be our first Division 1 College National Champion as the top 4 rated teams in the nation would have gotten to play each other.

It's looking pretty clear that the Big 12 was the best conference from top to bottom this year and if LSWho beats Bama it will be glaring evidence that the BCS got it wrong...again. I hope the AP votes OK St a share of the nation championship. They've earned it. Though I don't know what I'm bitching about. It's not the SEC that's preventing us from having a national championship playoff.

OK State lost to an unranked nobody team. Bama lost to the #1 team in the nation. That is why Bama was ranked higher at the end of the year.

I wish they would do a "plus 1" and have the winner of LSWho/Bama vs OK St. It would be our first Division 1 College National Champion as the top 4 rated teams in the nation would have gotten to play each other.

I would love to see a "plus 1" at the very minimum. The Div 1 championship should be decided on the field, not with votes and computer rankings.

I would love to see a "plus 1" at the very minimum. The Div 1 championship should be decided on the field, not with votes and computer rankings.
Until something like that happens I will always refer to the BCS National Champion as "The Mythical National Champion".

Mott is on the crack pipe again, is ass is still sore from the raping the buckeyes got from LSU.

nutscuking another lessor conf vs SEC is comical.

3 teams in the top ten from the SEC including the top 2 regardless of what happens monday

Mott is on the crack pipe again, is ass is still sore from the raping the buckeyes got from LSU.

nutscuking another lessor conf vs SEC is comical.

3 teams in the top ten from the SEC including the top 2 regardless of what happens monday
6 and 1 in Bowl play....no way the SEC can out do that and OK ST got screwed out of a legitimate shot at the NCG. BIG 12 rules this year!! If LSWho wins next week theirs no way for sure you can know your the best team! BCS SUCKS!! (but that's not the SEC's fault).

6 and 1 in Bowl play....no way the SEC can out do that and OK ST got screwed out of a legitimate shot at the NCG. BIG 12 rules this year!! If LSWho wins next week theirs no way for sure you can know your the best team! BCS SUCKS!! (but that's not the SEC's fault).

The SEC had a down year. Which is a plus for the other conferences. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And at least this year you get to see something you have never seen in the BCS era. An SEC losing the BCS Championship game. :)

The SEC had a down year. Which is a plus for the other conferences. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And at least this year you get to see something you have never seen in the BCS era. An SEC losing the BCS Championship game. :)
Probably won't see it. Not interested in the game. Not in the least.

Odd... there isn't a BCS championship game to watch this year. Just a rematch of an SEC divisional game. A boring one at that. Oregon put up 27 on LSU. Bama AT HOME could only muster 6.

Bottom line... OK State could beat either of these two. But they won't get a shot because the traditional SEC bias trumped actual play on the field. The Big 12 was tougher this year than the SEC, is 6-1 in bowl games... but because of the bias of sportwriters and the bullshit voting practices of a few coaches, OK State does not get a shot.

This is the least excited I've ever been for a national championship game. LSU's regular season was so dominant compared to anyone else it isn't even close. They beat the Pac 12 winner, Big East winner (on the road) and the 2nd best team in the SEC (on the road). Now if LSU beat Alabama by a close margin at home maybe I could see some excitement for a rematch on a neutral field but LSU won at Alabama. I would have watched an Okie State LSU matchup.

The ultimate irony is if Alabama wins LSU will become the only team to have beaten three BCS bowl winners in the regular season.

This is the least excited I've ever been for a national championship game. LSU's regular season was so dominant compared to anyone else it isn't even close. They beat the Pac 12 winner, Big East winner (on the road) and the 2nd best team in the SEC (on the road). Now if LSU beat Alabama by a close margin at home maybe I could see some excitement for a rematch on a neutral field but LSU won at Alabama. I would have watched an Okie State LSU matchup.

The ultimate irony is if Alabama wins LSU will become the only team to have beaten three BCS bowl winners in the regular season.

When you have the bowl VOTERS saying they are putting LSU number one no matter what happens in this game... THAT should tell you how fucking pathetic it was to put these two in a rematch.

Odd... there isn't a BCS championship game to watch this year. Just a rematch of an SEC divisional game. A boring one at that. Oregon put up 27 on LSU. Bama AT HOME could only muster 6.

Bottom line... OK State could beat either of these two. But they won't get a shot because the traditional SEC bias trumped actual play on the field. The Big 12 was tougher this year than the SEC, is 6-1 in bowl games... but because of the bias of sportwriters and the bullshit voting practices of a few coaches, OK State does not get a shot.
I couldn't agree more. I'm not going to watch the game not because I have a hair up my ass about the BCS or because I don't like the SEC. I'm not watching it cause the last game was excruciatingly boring. Bama had their shot and blew it. OK St played in a tougher conference and should have gotten the opportunity.

Back