Looks like the BCS got it wrong again.

It's looking pretty clear that the Big 12 was the best conference from top to bottom this year and if LSWho beats Bama it will be glaring evidence that the BCS got it wrong...again. I hope the AP votes OK St a share of the nation championship. They've earned it. Though I don't know what I'm bitching about. It's not the SEC that's preventing us from having a national championship playoff.

Bama served up a barrel of whoopass. LSU did not look good last night. It truly was a Crimson tide. I root for the Wildcats in college football because the Jayhawks play good basketball, but not football.

Bama served up a barrel of whoopass. LSU did not look good last night. It truly was a Crimson tide. I root for the Wildcats in college football because the Jayhawks play good basketball, but not football.

Thankfully I did not watch the game. Another snoozer.

Thankfully I did not watch the game. Another snoozer.

Actually, it was exciting to see the defense. It is pretty impressive when you don't let the other team get into your territory, but once. I usually root for the underdog when my team isn't involved.

Actually, it was exciting to see the defense. It is pretty impressive when you don't let the other team get into your territory, but once. I usually root for the underdog when my team isn't involved.

I love watching a great defense... but I boycotted that game. Even though Bama won, they should not have gotten the shot. Ok State should have.

But because some voters deliberately dropped OK State in their poll rankings, Bama edged them out and got a second shot at LSU.

The so called championship game sucked, two shitty quarterbacks and poor display of special teams.

How can they say these were the true #1 vs #2?

I will say they did score a touchdown ...... finally.

But as the SEC continues to bring in more schools to create a mega conference or should we say a monoply over the current BCS championship series we will continue to see this type of bullshit and be told they are the greatest.

Well I mean no disrespect to either defense but neither team had much of an offense.

The so called championship game sucked, two shitty quarterbacks and poor display of special teams.

How can they say these were the true #1 vs #2?

I will say they did score a touchdown ...... finally.

But as the SEC continues to bring in more schools to create a mega conference or should we say a monoply over the current BCS championship series we will continue to see this type of bullshit and be told they are the greatest.
That's not the SEC's fault. That's the media and ESPN which has a financial stake in the SEC tv coverage. The SEC has be a vocal leader in the fight for a national championship playoff. You can't blame them for the current status quo. Most of the blame for that goes to the Big 10(12) and the Pac 12 who have consistantly fought a playoff due to a prioprietary interest in the Rose Bowl.

Well I mean no disrespect to either defense but neither team had much of an offense.

If you have no defense you have to score 40 or 50 points to win.

When you have a defense that stops people you don't need to score many points.

When Steve Spurrier first got to FL, he said he wanted to score 60 points a game. If the opponent could score 61 points they would win. He soon learned that didn't work.

The BCS doesn't get it. The idea that a team that couldn't even win it's conference is a proxy national champion with out even playing in a play off is a joke. The ratings show that too. The three lowest rated BCS NCG were all three games in which one of the team didn't even win it's own conference. This system of having some of the dumbest people in the world (sports writters) decide our national champion by proxy has got to end!

College football should be all about winning your conference and by doing so earning the privelage of playing for a national championship. Otherwise, why even have conferences?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/alabama-lsu_produces_lowest_tv.html

The winning the conference is all well & good. But, other than some sort of playoff, if you want to determine the best team you cannot eliminate teams.

There is little doubt the two best teams played monday night.

Have at least a plus-one, four team playoff. But I disagree with making conference championships a requirement.

I used to love that game. Was pretty good at it too. When i was in college we had a foozball tournament on campus. My partner and I made it all the way to the finals where we got beat, arrrggghhh!

I loved it too, then my mother would not allow me to play with the neighborhood boys, at the time, I did not get it. I could tackle!

If you have no defense you have to score 40 or 50 points to win.

When you have a defense that stops people you don't need to score many points.

When Steve Spurrier first got to FL, he said he wanted to score 60 points a game. If the opponent could score 61 points they would win. He soon learned that didn't work.
You're not going to win with out offense either. I'm sorry but playing ultra-conservative plays to march the ball up the field to kick a field goal on the basis of he who makes the least mistakes wins may be a good strategy but it makes for a boring game to watch. I appreciate sound defense as much as anyone but I think the vote is in that to anyone not a Bama partisan....this was an excruciatingly boring game.

The winning the conference is all well & good. But, other than some sort of playoff, if you want to determine the best team you cannot eliminate teams.

There is little doubt the two best teams played monday night.

Have at least a plus-one, four team playoff. But I disagree with making conference championships a requirement.
There is HUGE doubt that the best two teams played Monday night. A team that may damned well have been the best team in the nation was excluded. The Ducks may damned well have improved since they lost to LSWho. There's no way in gods green earth you can know who the best two teams were. You can't have a national championship by proxy. It's a joke!

How can you say that about conferences? How could you not base it on conferences? What the hell would even be the point of having a conference then? You only say that cause most SEC fans want to see a playoff that would permit half the field to be from the SEC. That's BS. If you're not good enough to win your conference or recieve at least an at bid or wild card invite then you're not good enough to be a national champion. Period!

Why shouldn't the MAC conference champ or the WAC champ not get a chance to play the mighty SEC champ? Ya'll afraid of something? Conferences exist for a reason and that should be respected. If you don't emphasize conference championship then you end up in the same damned mess. A bunch of talking heads who don't know shit deciding who the best teams are while simultaneously denying other conferences and other teams a fair opportunity to compete.

I'd support a plus one system just to establish a precedent but I'd oppose any playoff scheme that doesn't emphasize conference championships. This notion of descriminating against other conferences is beyond stupid.

Win your conference or shut up is the way it should be. A national champ that couldn't win it's conference and didn't earn it in a play off is a joke. No disrespect to Bama meant, but it's a joke.

Last edited:
There is HUGE doubt that the best two teams played Monday night. A team that may damned well have been the best team in the nation was excluded. The Ducks may damned well have improved since they lost to LSWho. There's no way in gods green earth you can know who the best two teams were. You can't have a national championship by proxy. It's a joke!

How can you say that about conferences? How could you not base it on conferences? What the hell would even be the point of having a conference then? You only say that cause most SEC fans want to see a playoff that would permit half the field to be from the SEC. That's BS. If you're not good enough to win your conference or recieve at least an at bid or wild card invite then you're not good enough to be a national champion. Period!

Why shouldn't the MAC conference champ or the WAC champ not get a chance to play the mighty SEC champ? Ya'll afraid of something? Conferences exist for a reason and that should be respected. If you don't emphasize conference championship then you end up in the same damned mess. A bunch of talking heads who don't know shit deciding who the best teams are while simultaneously denying other conferences and other teams a fair opportunity to compete.

I'd support a plus one system just to establish a precedent but I'd oppose any playoff scheme that doesn't emphasize conference championships. This notion of descriminating against other conferences is beyond stupid.

Win your conference or shut up is the way it should be. A national champ that couldn't win it's conference and didn't earn it in a play off is a joke. No disrespect to Bama meant, but it's a joke.

If there were a playoff we would have been in that as well. If it was even a plus-one, Bama was ranked high enough to have been in that playoff. Would you eliminate them because there were two top teams in the same division of the same conference?

Back