LSD gaining popularity in psychotherapy.

And now the book has become a four-part Netflix series of the same name, which debuted Tuesday. Pollan is an executive producer (along with the Oscar-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney) and the primary on-camera presence.

A thoughtful and wide-ranging look at psychedelic therapy, the series is grounded in accounts of their centuries-long sacramental use and of their uneasy history in modern society, especially in the United States. In particular, it focuses on four substances — LSD, mescaline, MDMA (known as Ecstasy or Molly) and psilocybin (the active ingredient in magic mushrooms) — and the ways in which they are being used to treat patients with maladies including post-traumatic stress disorder, addiction, depression, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/15/...-change-your-mind-netflix-michael-pollan.html
I saw that was out. Have you watched it and if so, is it good?

Natural psychedelics maybe, not chemical psychedelics... that is my guess.
The dose is what's important:
small dose is visual
medium dose is sexual
large dose is spiritual

You have to be laid out on your back and humbled before the gods will talk to you.

I am a huge fan, both from personal experience and what I have seen of the science. I was reading recently that it and drugs like it are enormously helpful with combat ptsd for instance, in the 70's it was very clear that it is helpful with alcoholism.

I went to college in the heart of the 1960s and didn't do any recreational drugs other than a little weed--and we weren't drug tested in boxing then.
No H. No snow. No contrived lab shit.
What did I miss?

JPP junkies, and there are obviously many of you going by the posts, what were your LSD trips like?

I only did three, but they rocked my world, they changed my life for the better....my entire life after taking the trips.

I only did three, but they rocked my world, they changed my life for the better....my entire life after taking the trips.

Wait a minute, three acid trips changed your life for ever? Somehow I think you are getting your info off of a TV documentary on the 1960's

My main motivation was Alan Watts book The joyous cosmology, having already been blown away by Alans wisdom I was after taking a road that he thought highly of. Of course his taking drugs and drinking sometimes a lot was considered cheating and inauthentic in Zen and Tao circles, a lot of people at the top of the hierarchy of both dismissed anything he had to say after they found out what he was doing, but I never felt that way. It was much the same with Ram Dass.

Back