Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is a Hoax

I haven't had a chance to read the story yet but I saw two very long threads on two different football boards discussing it. Do you think it's real or is it just some crazy conspiracy? Could deadspin get in any trouble for publishing the story if it is false?

From Notre Dame spokesperson Dennis Brown:

On
Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents
that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which
someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated
herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe
she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately
initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering
the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities
will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be,
at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its
perpetrators.

This is one of the best stories ever. Manti trolled everyone.

4996_487028874677139_1216478225_n.png

I tell ya... Alabama is going to have to stop it! We play these teams with their hyped up players and defeat them in such a dominating manner, the wheels just completely come off the programs and the superstars vaporize before our very eyes. First it was Colt McCoy and Texas... Where is he now? What happened to the Mighty Longhorns? Then it was LSU and Honey Badger... where is he now? Finally, the Great Notre Dame and Manti Te'o. Oh yeah, almost forgot... Gino Torretta! ;)

I know its hard for some to believe but there are people who are very trusting people.

It may be that this young man was JUST one of those people.

Im sure he will be punished for this GRAVE CRIME (of being a trusting human being) in ten fold.

There is nothing our society hates more than a trusting soul.

I know its hard for some to believe but there are people who are very trusting people.

It may be that this young man was JUST one of those people.

Im sure he will be punished for this GRAVE CRIME (of being a trusting human being) in ten fold.

There is nothing our society hates more than a trusting soul.

Desh, that is only if he didn't know the score. There is plenty of evidence that he was in on it.

we shall see.

what the fuck exactly did he have to gain?

No fucking thing.

I bet the kid was had and if he went with it it was only because he found out and was so embarrassed he tried to end it without people knowing he had been had

we shall see.

what the fuck exactly did he have to gain?

No fucking thing.

I bet the kid was had and if he went with it it was only because he found out and was so embarrassed he tried to end it without people knowing he had been had

The publicity got him in the running for the Heisman trophy. And it got him lots of attention, which some folks will do anything to get.

Oh I thought they gave the Heisman for other reasons besides touching stories

That is naive. The more publicity a player gets the easier it is to win. Yes, his athletic ability is the main issue, but the stories separated him from the other, equal if not better, players.

the kid got took and you will torture him just like I said you would.

there is Nothing this society hates worse than a trusting soul

Back