Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is a Hoax

the kid got took and you will torture him just like I said you would.

there is Nothing this society hates worse than a trusting soul

You seem to be angry at me for making assumptions. And yet you are doing the same thing. As I said, there is evidence that he knew about it all.

I have no problem with a trusting soul. I have doubts that someone would have a year long "relationship" with someone and never see them at all, despite the fact that Manti's father claims the girlfriend came to Hawaii at times Manti was home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Te'o

21 years old and this is what his life has been like

Extra-curricular

In high school, Te'o had a 3.5 grade-point average and did volunteer work with the Shriners Hospital, Head Start preschool program, Hawai'i Food Bank and Special Olympics. Te'o also became an Eagle Scout in November 2008.[13] Te'o is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).[14]

He is a sheltered kid who was taken for a ride.

He didnt NEED a sob story to get ahead.

sometimes people are just duped.

Its called catfishing.

you set someone up with a phoney relationship and when they come into money you ask for some.

The kid was a good target huh?

get him friendly BEFORE he makes bank and he thinks your one of his OLD friends.

Ok, if that is what you choose to believe there is not much I can say to dissuade you. After all, you insisted I am a racist without any evidence.

The fact is that his own friends believe he knew.

Here's the thing, evince... Te'o is a great athlete, but the quality which set him apart from all others, was his leadership ability. This is why he was considered for the Heisman, an award that has only been given to a defensive player once in history. Leadership is a very special attribute, an intangible that is hard to find in young players, but his credibility and integrity as a leader is completely tarnished by this incident, because true leaders don't get duped, they don't fall for things like this, and it has diminished his reputation considerably. Many pro teams who were interested in Te'o, have now taken him off their draft board entirely. It may not seem "fair" but that's how it goes.

I don't really know, I haven't looked at the evidence of whether he knew or didn't know. If he didn't know, or, and I think this is important, if he didn't know at the beginning and then found out later on (and I think that could have happened and to me it wouldn't change what I'm saying), then I think it's very sad. I think that there is a lot of loneliness in this world, and that loneliness can be a kind of hell. I think that people will do anything to make a connection that feels real. And I think that some people are lonely and alone, and some are lonely and surrounded by others.

So if this is even partially true, then I feel bad for all of the humiliation he is going to go through. People are very cruel.

Here's the thing, evince... Te'o is a great athlete, but the quality which set him apart from all others, was his leadership ability. This is why he was considered for the Heisman, an award that has only been given to a defensive player once in history. Leadership is a very special attribute, an intangible that is hard to find in young players, but his credibility and integrity as a leader is completely tarnished by this incident, because true leaders don't get duped, they don't fall for things like this, and it has diminished his reputation considerably. Many pro teams who were interested in Te'o, have now taken him off their draft board entirely. It may not seem "fair" but that's how it goes.

Oh that's bull though. Some of the most powerful people in the world, and even in history, were "duped" by fake friends, usually fake lovers, and a lot of times, fake confidants. You'd be amazed. I read this amazing story maybe ten years ago about some woman, not a young woman and not a beautiful woman, who was a confident to some of the most famous men in Hollywood. All over the phone. They gave her shit too. Just to have someone who had this talent of being able to make them feel that she cared, and whatever else she made them feel, but interestingly, none of it was sexual.

Ok, if that is what you choose to believe there is not much I can say to dissuade you. After all, you insisted I am a racist without any evidence.

The fact is that his own friends believe he knew.

His teammates knew is was bullshit. Since when did Desh become a Notre Dame fan?

How far has Notre Dame fallen in ten days? From being ranked number one to getting their ass kicked and now this Teo story blowing up.

His teammates knew is was bullshit. Since when did Desh become a Notre Dame fan?

How far has Notre Dame fallen in ten days? From being ranked number one to getting their ass kicked and now this Teo story blowing up.

Being that I have hated Notre Dame most of my life, this all tickles me to no end.

One theory being discussed is this was all a cover for Te'o being gay. I'm sure the ultimate truth on this will come out eventually but I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

What I don't get about the whole "Manti was the victim of a terrible hoax" line is the fact that it has been reported that he met her in real life at the Stanford game a few years ago and Mani's dad was quoted in the South Bend Tribune saying that the two met in Hawaii when they both were home. Somebody's lying. Either Manti lied to his dad about meeting her in Hawaii, Manti's dad is lying about the two having met or the reporter is just making shit up.

One theory being discussed is this was all a cover for Te'o being gay. I'm sure the ultimate truth on this will come out eventually but I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

Neither would I. Could you imagine the pressure of being a gay Mormon, star football player on a championship-contending Notre Dame team (a Catholic University)?

What I don't get about the whole "Manti was the victim of a terrible hoax" line is the fact that it has been reported that he met her in real life at the Stanford game a few years ago and Mani's dad was quoted in the South Bend Tribune saying that the two met in Hawaii when they both were home. Somebody's lying. Either Manti lied to his dad about meeting her in Hawaii, Manti's dad is lying about the two having met or the reporter is just making shit up.

Exactly. Something does not add up here.

That was my point earlier. Too many details don't match up.

Neither would I. Could you imagine the pressure of being a gay Mormon, star football player on a championship-contending Notre Dame team (a Catholic University)?

I'm not sure if you happened to follow his recruitment out of high school or not but the night he went to bed before national signing day he said he was going to USC. He woke up in the morning and basically said God told him to go to Notre Dame. One of the stories being discussed is a guy Te'o was in a relationship with had USC ties and lived in Southern California and his father wanted him away from this individual and that's why he pushed his son to Notre Dame.

Now I have no idea if this is true. Obviously a lot of misinformation (is that a word?) gets spread at a time like this. Ultimately though, as you referenced, stories don't match up here so someone (or multiple people) isn't (aren't) being truthful.

Well that would add a whole other dimension to it wouldn't it? Either way I just don't take any pleasure in these things. Someone was publicly humiliated recently, I forget who, (no not the xmas party incident i told you about cawacko,ha) and I just cringe. I feel so bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Te'o

21 years old and this is what his life has been like

Extra-curricular

In high school, Te'o had a 3.5 grade-point average and did volunteer work with the Shriners Hospital, Head Start preschool program, Hawai'i Food Bank and Special Olympics. Te'o also became an Eagle Scout in November 2008.[13] Te'o is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).[14]

Other than headstart it would appear he possesse qualities your ilk despises

This whole thing cracks me up. I can't even believe this is a story given all that is going on in the world today.

This all goes back to the chickifcation of America. Football is a violent game, but the pussy libs have been brainwashing that out of it for years.

All this touchy feely shit designed to gun up emotion. Symbolism over substance is why people were duped into believing Teo.

Still fun to read all the hand wringing

Well that would add a whole other dimension to it wouldn't it? Either way I just don't take any pleasure in these things. Someone was publicly humiliated recently, I forget who, (no not the xmas party incident i told you about cawacko,ha) and I just cringe. I feel so bad.

Haha. I hear you on people being humiliated. I don't find joy in seeing people getting humiliated either (ok, I'm sure there are a couple people I would make exceptions for but I'm saying as a general belief). To truly appreciate this story I think one needs to understand Notre Dame's history in context of college football. And within that the amount of positive publicity Manti Te'o was able to generate as a result of this story that benefitted both he and the University. And now it turns out to be false and he may have been in on it? At the moment my sympathy for him is nowhere near as strong as yours.

Back