marijuana vs. alcohol

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
Cali_Orange.jpg

both are amazingly awesome. Weed is better though. Way more fun, enhances the senses, makes food taste better, makes music sound better, makes movies more awesome, makes things funnier, and no hangover.

and yet, morons in charge of our federal government, keep marijuana illegal. not only is marijuana better in terms of the high, but is far better in terms of health.

sorry billy you haven't tried both, you have no standing O_o

honestly, I know you don't want to try it for whatever reason, but I think you should do it at least once for "science"

That's how I started ahahaha

sorry billy you haven't tried both, you have no standing O_o

honestly, I know you don't want to try it for whatever reason, but I think you should do it at least once for "science"

That's how I started ahahaha

It wouldn't matter, I'd still pick booze as being better. It may not be a better high, but overall the experience will always be better. The first sip of beer after work, the classiness of gin or scotch, the feeling of mutual love from other bar patrons. Weed doesn't offer any of that to me, which is the main reason I haven't tried it (and my scary wife). Booze is all about the sociable nature of it, and pot is about relaxing.

I mean, seriously. You're not gonna go to a hookah den, sit down to unwind, loosen your tie a little, see a pretty girl down at the end of the bar (hookah dens have bars in this post), smile at her and offer a hit of your joint. You're gonna offer her a drink. Because that's the joy in booze, not the intoxicating effect (which are still awesome).

It wouldn't matter, I'd still pick booze as being better. It may not be a better high, but overall the experience will always be better. The first sip of beer after work, the classiness of gin or scotch, the feeling of mutual love from other bar patrons. Weed doesn't offer any of that to me, which is the main reason I haven't tried it (and my scary wife). Booze is all about the sociable nature of it, and pot is about relaxing.
Pot isn't about relaxing. Where did you ever get that idea? If I want to use a mind altering substance to relax after a stressfull day at work nothing beats a good beer or a quality whisky. Pot is about altering perceptions, changing moods and perspective. If you want to change your focus from work to heightening your perspective for some tasty tunes or some delicious love making with your sweety then a couple of tokes will get that ball rolling. As for the social perspective well it depends where your at and what your doing. From a social perspective pot has the distinct disadvantage of being illegal. So yea, I'm gonna offer the girl at the end of the bar a drink but if I meet that same honey at a rock show I'm gonna pass her the blunt. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Pot isn't about relaxing. Where did you ever get that idea? If I want to use a mind altering substance to relax after a stressfull day at work nothing beats a good beer or a quality whisky. Pot is about altering perceptions, changing moods and perspective. If you want to change your focus from work to heightening your perspective for some tasty tunes or some delicious love making with your sweety then a couple of tokes will get that ball rolling. As for the social perspective well it depends where your at and what your doing. From a social perspective pot has the distinct disadvantage of being illegal. So yea, I'm gonna offer the girl at the end of the bar a drink but if I meet that same honey at a rock show I'm gonna pass her the blunt. Just sayin.

For those of us with the bitter gene alcohol tastes terrible.

There is a fundamental difference between pot & booze, and that is that one can be done socially, without seeking the buzz.

I will often have a beer or a drink with friends, and/or a glass of wine with a dinner, just to enjoy the taste. Nobody smokes weed without getting stoned (at least not on purpose).

That said, I think weed is a better buzz and is less of a problem. Adrenaline always wiped out my pot buzz, so I was ok (more or less) if something happened. I never got in a fight because we were smoking. I didn't have a hangover. And I can be creative when I am stoned as opposed to drunk.

I think alcohol is harder on your body. But pot is harder on your career and/or freedom.

Every smoker I know just likes to get high, not "change their perception". And I know a lot of smokers.

cannibinoids - even the non main psychotropic /calmative ones (THC, and CBD) are a new field of medicine, i've been trying to understand their functions.
I came across the AMAZING factoid:

Cannabinoids kill hospital superbug MRSA Chemicals found in marijuana called Cannabinoids may prove useful in the fight against the antibiotic-resistant superbug MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), new research suggests.

Results of a study by researchers in Italy and the UK has revealed that the five major cannabinoids in the Cannabis sativa plant are effective against different strains of MRSA. Two of the cannabinoids tested are nonpsychotropic, which means that they do not possess the mood-altering properties associated with marijuana. Furthermore, the researchers found that the cannabinoids kill bacteria in a different way to traditional antibacterial drugs, thus meaning that MRSA may not be able to develop resistance against them.
The authors write: “Although the use of cannabinoids as systemic antibacterial agents awaits rigorous clinical trials and an assessment of the extent of their inactivation by serum, their topical application to reduce skin colonization by MRSA seems promising.”
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/a...cannabinoids-kill-hospital-superbug-mrsa.html

Back