marijuana vs. alcohol

Pot isn't about relaxing. Where did you ever get that idea? If I want to use a mind altering substance to relax after a stressfull day at work nothing beats a good beer or a quality whisky. Pot is about altering perceptions, changing moods and perspective. If you want to change your focus from work to heightening your perspective for some tasty tunes or some delicious love making with your sweety then a couple of tokes will get that ball rolling. As for the social perspective well it depends where your at and what your doing. From a social perspective pot has the distinct disadvantage of being illegal. So yea, I'm gonna offer the girl at the end of the bar a drink but if I meet that same honey at a rock show I'm gonna pass her the blunt. Just sayin.

Pot is about relaxing though. Pot does relax you. It relaxes me anyway. It also lowers inhibitions, and yes, heightens sensory perceptions. It does all of that. I don't think any of these are mutually exclusive. I disagree that alcohol is a better relaxant. Not that I have anything against alcohol, and of course you can use the two together with as far as I know, no added health risks. Which is not even something you can say about mixing alcohol with Excedrin.

Pot is about relaxing though. Pot does relax you. It relaxes me anyway. It also lowers inhibitions, and yes, heightens sensory perceptions. It does all of that. I don't think any of these are mutually exclusive. I disagree that alcohol is a better relaxant. Not that I have anything against alcohol, and of course you can use the two together with as far as I know, no added health risks. Which is not even something you can say about mixing alcohol with Excedrin.
It doesn't relax me at all. Wish I could say more but we have the IT Bots here at work.

It doesn't relax me at all. Wish I could say more but we have the IT Bots here at work.

That's okay I am probably better off. We all know pot enhances sex we don't need the details.

Anyway as far as relaxation goes we all probably have different definitions. Add that to the fact that everything affects people differently...

You're refering to the recessive allele for tasting phenyalanine. You really only find that in beer and some wines and it's not contained in most distilled liquors.

Nope ALL aclohol tastes horrible to me.
I liked the effect on me but the taste is horrible.

So why would PGA taste horrible if it is not contained in most distilled liquers?

Pot isn't about relaxing. Where did you ever get that idea? If I want to use a mind altering substance to relax after a stressfull day at work nothing beats a good beer or a quality whisky. Pot is about altering perceptions, changing moods and perspective. If you want to change your focus from work to heightening your perspective for some tasty tunes or some delicious love making with your sweety then a couple of tokes will get that ball rolling. As for the social perspective well it depends where your at and what your doing. From a social perspective pot has the distinct disadvantage of being illegal. So yea, I'm gonna offer the girl at the end of the bar a drink but if I meet that same honey at a rock show I'm gonna pass her the blunt. Just sayin.

So when was it decided pot isn't about relaxing? Because that's EXACTLY what I use it for...I go home after along day at work, cook dinner for the family, and then settle in with a few nice RELAXING after dinner bong hits.

The shoulder muscles begin to unbunch, everything my daughter does becomes hilarious and a lighter more relaxed mood settles in...

Indica has a higher ration of CBD to THC, and is more calmative.
The weed I smoke can give me anxieties, I like it higher in THC, then CBD - because I also take Xanax to sleep, otherwise i'd prolly prefer the CBD type.

from HARBORSIDE: ( the "weed wars " clinic)
http://www.harborsidehealthcenter.com/highcbdstrains.html
CBD is non-intoxicating. Patients who appreciate the euphoric effect of high-THC cannabis will probably not favor CBD-rich strains.

On the other hand, patients who want the anti-spasm or anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis delievered without an accompanying "high" might prefer a CBD-rich strain. CBD-rich cannabis is potentially effective, according to European and Israeli researchers, in easing the symptoms of rhumatoid arthritis, diabetes, nausea, and inflammatory bowel disorders, among other difficult-to-control conditions.

The safety of CBD has been well established in clinical trials in England, where a pharmaceutical company produces a CBD-rich plant extract with government approval.

In offering CBD-rich cannabis, Harborside staff -- and collective members who choose to try it out -- are participating in basic medical research. We are taking steps to determine which compounds in the plant are responsible for its varied effects on the mind and body. We look forward to the day when government health authorities take responsibility

If only he'd stick with a screen name long enough for me to figure out which poster he is at this point...

You know, 3 clicks of the mouse would determine if you are otherwise incapable of discerning the obvious. And before you go on about how you don't care that much, please be aware that the post you typed has expended about 5x the effort it would take to just find out.

You know, 3 clicks of the mouse would determine if you are otherwise incapable of discerning the obvious. And before you go on about how you don't care that much, please be aware that the post you typed has expended about 5x the effort it would take to just find out.

Whatever...it's always someone else's fault...never you people with the attention span of a gnat who for whatever reason can't just pick a name and stick with it like a normal person.

Back