Massachusetts ranked #1 State in the nation

NC lost the Civil War to the American States, and was not the birthplace of the American Revolution. But I suppose you do have lesser symphonies, museums, etc...

The American Revolution was officially born on July 4, 1776, and NC representatives signed the Declaration. Where were the representatives from your state?

As I've schooled you prior, much of NC fought against the slave owners in the civil war.

NC lost the Civil War to the American States, and was not the birthplace of the American Revolution. But I suppose you do have lesser symphonies, museums, etc...
If it wasn't for some factors beyond my control I'd move back to NC in a heartbeat. Loved the Carolinas.

The American Revolution was officially born on July 4, 1776, and NC representatives signed the Declaration. Where were the representatives from your state?

As I've schooled you prior, much of NC fought against the slave owners in the civil war.

The Revolution began in April 1775.

The Revolution began in 1763. And no, NC joined the CSA and fought against America. The only slaveholding state which can claim that distinction is Kentucky, who's men ran off to join the US Army in such large numbers that it ensured the state would remain in America.

The Revolution began in 1763. And no, NC joined the CSA and fought against America. The only slaveholding state which can claim that distinction is Kentucky, who's men ran off to join the US Army in such large numbers that it ensured the state would remain in America.

Lexington and Concord didn't happen until 1775......what act of revolution are you claiming happened in 63?......

Lexington and Concord didn't happen until 1775......what act of revolution are you claiming happened in 63?......

That is the War for Independence. The American Revolution began in 1763, and ran through 1791, with the ratification of the Bill of Rights. Remember that the American Revolution was more than a war; it was an idea, a way of life, and a transformation. It began as English subjects demanding their constitutional rights in order to maintain a prosperous status quo, and led to the establishment of republican government when those rights were denied by Parliament and the Crown.

That is the War for Independence. The American Revolution began in 1763, and ran through 1791, with the ratification of the Bill of Rights. Remember that the American Revolution was more than a war; it was an idea, a way of life, and a transformation. It began as English subjects demanding their constitutional rights in order to maintain a prosperous status quo, and led to the establishment of republican government when those rights were denied by Parliament and the Crown.
oh go away and play with your GI Joes dressed like Benedict Arnold and Patrick Henry......nothing happened in 1763 except the end of the war with the French......

The American revolution was an independence movement with some liberal ideas tacked on. They ultimately didn't overthrow the English system, they just altered who was in control of it. The French revolution was much more radical and important. It wouldn't be too great of an exaggeration to divide history into two sections - before and after the French revolution. The French revolution invented the concept of the nation. It invented ideology. It gave birth to the modern world. There is no comparison.

The American revolution was an independence movement with some liberal ideas tacked on. They ultimately didn't overthrow the English system, they just altered who was in control of it. The French revolution was much more radical and important. It wouldn't be too great of an exaggeration to divide history into two sections - before and after the French revolution. The French revolution invented the concept of the nation. It invented ideology. It gave birth to the modern world. There is no comparison.
uh...I got news for you...the notion of self government and the prohibition of aristocracy and inherited titles was as revolutionary an idea in its time as anything advanced by the French Revolution. The US Constitution compared to the Napoleonic code is far more liberal in protecting individual rights.

oh go away and play with your GI Joes dressed like Benedict Arnold and Patrick Henry......nothing happened in 1763 except the end of the war with the French......

Proclamation of 1763, which was a reaction by the Crown to the war. Ironically, it primarily angered men from the Middle Colonies, such as George Washington, who had single-handedly started the war.

You actually got something right. If you study European History, it is broken out thus: Classical history is anything before the fall of Rome in 475. Medieval history is the period from 475 until 1453 (end of the 100 Years War, Guttenberg's invention of movable type printing, fall of Constantinople). What is called Early Modern History then is said to run from 1453 to 1789, with the start of the French Revolution.

Officially it began in 1776. The mountain counties of NC had more in common with TN than the slave holding counties two regions east.

Back