Message Board Tree

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
With lots of new people, I am curious how everyone got here. I find it even more interesting how some people here have past history with newer arrivals, and the intertwining relationships.

Just list your messageboard history starting since... say... 2000. Also list who led you to the next place of visit, or note if it was just random.

For many of us, including myself, it would look this this:

2003 - Politics.com VIA MY OWN ACCORD
2005 - fullpolitics.com VIA SR
2006 - justplainpolitics.com VIA DAMO

∞zo;473217 said:
With lots of new people, I am curious how everyone got here. I find it even more interesting how some people here have past history with newer arrivals, and the intertwining relationships.

Just list your messageboard history starting since... say... 2000. Also list who led you to the next place of visit, or note if it was just random.

JPP - via Damo.
No prior history with anyone else on the board.

Political Nutshell (now defunct) through friends on a social town specific message board

USMB through Nate/Ninja and Dirt McGirt

JPP through various members of USMB

∞zo;473217 said:

what he said

Politics.com about 2001? self
Fullpolitics.com about 2005 I don't remember who, maybe Desh? FP had gone to crap.
justplainpolitics.com 2006 Again I forget who guided me there, but someone from fp.com.

2003 - politics.com - just typed in the URL
2003 - usmb - google
2005 fullpolitics.com - SR
2006 dp.com - Jim
2006 jpp.com - umm.. Me.

what he said
My history

AOL 2001-2009
Fullpolitics, don't remember followed Cypress and a few others there
JPP, I will have to look, I was here in 2006, I think, followed Cypress, Darla, Prakosh over.

I was on some ratebush board on AOL and then a year or so ago Cypress told me about this board. I knew Cypress, Darla, Froggie, USFreedom among others from that board.

In late September of 2003, like Damo, I just typed in "politics.com" and found myself immediately into it. My first thread was titled "Groping, Nazis?!" as I was doing some campaign stuff for Arnold at the time.

A week later, I moved from Calabasas to Denver, and shortly thereafter, Damo and I got wholesale shitfaced at the Fridays on 120th. Damo then went to his brother's up the street and got even more loaded. He also smoked 6 packs of Marlboro reds in the couple of hours we were hanging out.

Then in 2005, Howard Baer, who owned P.com, let the site go to all hell, and SR started up FullPolitics.com and all of use moved there from Politics.com en masse. Within minutes, grind and SR were in a heated debate as to whether it was SR's genius computer skills, or mere opportunism that led to the success of FullPolitics. It is also where the never-ending 1/3 debate was born. Yes, that debate is over 4 years old now, it will be entering preschool this fall.

Then in 2006, SR decided to create the "Security Council" in which people would elect the council, the council would decide if someone was a "troll" and if someone was designated a "troll' said party would be available to be put on IA by the peons. Well, during this important political process that would surely affect everyone's lives, SR got very nervous that some people wouldn't treat the security council as if it were the actual UN security council, so he started reading poster's PM's. And then when bdw showed unequivocally that admins could read pm's, SR denied knowing how and then proceeded to publish a load of other people's pm's.

I left the board and was at this weird "political playhouse" site for a while (it was a friend of Damos, I don't remember the real name) and it sucked.

Then Damo created this place and everyone left SR's site en masse and SR's ego exploded all over the board in threads like this:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/welcome-madness-damo-t17.html?t=17

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=79&goto=nextnewest

And after being roundhouse kicked in the face by this site and having his ego deflated, it was threads like this:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/maineman-t5818.html?t=5818

And the rest is history.

Last edited:
fyi it was me not bdw, I'm pretty sure you know this too and just wanted me to make this post containing such a needless and losery clearification

∞zo;473764 said:
fyi it was me not bdw, I'm pretty sure you know this too and just wanted me to make this post containing such a needless and losery clearification

Oh yeah, it was you. bdw started it with that thread claiming to "know" that SR was spying on people out of fear that his security council wouldn't take trollery as the absolute highest form of espionage, and then you did the screen shot thread and the wheels fell off.

∞zo;473217 said:

Another one here who followed, what is now to be known as, the Grind Road.

Back