Milagro, your thoughts

Come to think of it ox tails would be very good for making garden variety American style beef and egg noodles.

Last edited:
Actually the streets of Bangkok are remarkably clean, the main ones anyway. The police like nothing better than to make some extra money fining people. Only been to Singapore once, wouldn't go again it's incredibly boring and sterile.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

Ever been to the geylang district? Orchard Towers? Interesting...

Meh I like ox-tails....they make the best damned stock and are awesome for braising but I can do without the skin! LOL

I make a pasta dish using ox tails that would blow your socks off. It's really just a jumped up version of beef and noodles but all the gelatin you get from braising ox tails makes in incredible sauce.
Spilt pea soup and oxtail, delicious!

Yes. I make home made poppardelle pasta for this recipe which are a really tender egg noodle. I braise the oxtails in red wine and beef broth till fall apart tender. I let them cool and remove the meat from the bones and shred it. I then strain the braising liquid and refrigerate till the grease freezes on top which I remove. Next step is a split a cup of baby carrots in half and sautéed them with a pack of sliced mushrooms till they carmalize. Then I add the meat and braising liquid, bring to a boil and season. Then I toss in the cooked pasta, toss, plate and garnish with parm and parsley.
certainly sounds good......do you thicken the sauce?......

Yes. I make home made poppardelle pasta for this recipe which are a really tender egg noodle. I braise the oxtails in red wine and beef broth till fall apart tender. I let them cool and remove the meat from the bones and shred it. I then strain the braising liquid and refrigerate till the grease freezes on top which I remove. Next step is a split a cup of baby carrots in half and sautéed them with a pack of sliced mushrooms till they carmalize. Then I add the meat and braising liquid, bring to a boil and season. Then I toss in the cooked pasta, toss, plate and garnish with parm and parsley.

Damn.
Now I am hungry.

Next time I am ashore, I might just take a few days and go out to Topeka! I get nervous though being that far from the ocean......
I am a landlubber. I love bodies of water from the shore if they are too deep and wide. It is because I get seasick, such a kitty! 😺 I do love rivers, lakes, again if not too big navigation
wise and I can see shore, and beaches, but I will leave you the seas and the oceans.

I am a landlubber. I love bodies of water from the shore if they are too deep and wide. It is because I get seasick, such a kitty! �� I do love rivers, lakes, again if not too big navigation
wise and I can see shore, and beaches, but I will leave you the seas and the oceans.

You take the inland side, I will take the ocean side...all the world will be safe, lol!

Ever been to the geylang district? Orchard Towers? Interesting...

Ah yes, Orchard Towers and the Four Floors of Whores! I was working in Bangkok at the time and was in Singapore to renew my visa, I had a look but it seemed very tame to me. Mind you that was thirty years ago, maybe different now.

Last edited:
At some point in his life, Tom has literally been to every place on Earth. He's a true globetrotter with no mortal equals.
Yes I have been to a lot of places, but haven't been everywhere. For instance I never been to South America, that's on my bucket list. Friend of mine said that Tierra del Fuego is truly awe inspiring.

Yes I have been to a lot of places, but haven't been everywhere. For instance I never been to South America, that's on my bucket list. Friend of mine said that Tierra del Fuego is truly awe inspiring.

This surprises me. :cof1:

Back