Monday is Columbus/Indigenous people's day.

Jarod

Contributor
It is so strange to celebrate both days at the same time, one raped and murdered the other.

Palm Beach County kids have the day off.

Maybe we should call it see both sides day?

Columbus is way back in the line of people that ' discovered ' North America.
Anybody attending ' Columbus Day ' should be issued with a commemorative faulty compass.

I'm Italian,
at least by ethnicity if not nationality,
so it's Columbus Day for me.

That said, best wishes for my Indigenous American neighbors on the continent.

It is so strange to celebrate both days at the same time, one raped and murdered the other.

It is Columbus Day. There is no "indigenous people's day". That's just leftist bullshit.

Monday is the day all White Libs stop squatting on stolen land and return it to the Native Americans, ... instead of just empty fake moral virtue signaling about how they are superior to all other humans.

It is Columbus Day. There is no "indigenous people's day". That's just leftist bullshit.
Rightist horseshit.

In the future it is predicted that there will be no ' states ' in North America and the majority of the population will not be white European immigrants as it is now.
Howdya like them apples ?

I do not mind acknowledging Columbus, but it should be done in context. He was brave, but he was also a rapist and murderer.

I don't think we should have secular Federal holidays celebrating someone who wasn't American, like Columbus. On the other hand, I think the truth lies somewhere in between the caricatures of Columbus being a saint or Columbus being an evil genocidal maniac.

How about Leif Eriksson Day ? He arrived 500 years before Columbus was born.

'
In 1964, President Lyndon Johnson signed a proclamation that declared October 9 to be Leif Eriksson Day in honor of the Viking explorer, his crew and the country’s Nordic-American heritage.

The proximity of the days honoring Eriksson and Columbus is a coincidence. October 9 was chosen because it is the anniversary of the 1825 arrival in New York of the ship Restauration, which carried the first organized band of Norwegian immigrants to the United States.'

Monday is the day all White Libs stop squatting on stolen land and return it to the Native Americans, ... instead of just empty fake moral virtue signaling about how they are superior to all other humans.
Dude

There is no entity who screams everyone else are assholes more than Maga

Barrow a clue stupid russian whore

I don't think we should have secular Federal holidays celebrating someone who wasn't American, like Columbus. On the other hand, I think the truth lies somewhere in between the caricatures of Columbus being a saint or Columbus being an evil genocidal maniac.
I agree in light of reality

It’s weird to celebrate him

I do not mind acknowledging Columbus, but it should be done in context. He was brave, but he was also a rapist and murderer.
I can get into the idea of celebrating the worlds discovery of our land mass

But we don’t need to remember the guy who was ONE of the people to bumb into it before it was officially known to the rest of the world

Back