Most Overrated Rock Song of all Time

Beef .. One more thing about Miller ... I dont believe Miller would or should make any best guitar player lists ... clearly he is not up there with Hendrix, Clapton or Page ... I believe he is more notable for his song writing than he is as a guitar virtuoso.

Yeah, that's true, and I like Elton John. I've seen him with Billy Joel twice, and I will tell you, you will at many points not even remember that Joel is on the stage. This guy is really a charasmatic performer. But Benny and the Jets, ech.
I think that's part of the point. He has so many really good numbers, why should that particular one keep popping up? I've got a pretty hefty Elton John section in my iPod but B&J ain't in it. Nor will it be any time in the near future.

"Stairway to Heaven".

Zepplin. The movie "Waynes World" accurately depicted what happens to you, if you try to walk into a guitar store, and try playing that song on a guitar.

"Stairway to Heaven".

Zepplin. The movie "Waynes World" accurately depicted what happens to you, if you try to walk into a guitar store, and try playing that song on a guitar.
LOL! That one's not bad, though, it's just overplayed.

Stairway to Gilligan's Island remains one of the funniest parodies I've ever heard, too. I damn near crashed my car the first time I heard it.

I agree. Stairway to Heaven is overplayed, but not overrated. It was a good song, people just get tired of it after a while. Overrated are things like "I wanna be a Cowboy" back in the eighties.... Number one? Please!

Did you ever think that Miller was just amusing the 16 year old and not trying to intimidate? Again .. pick up Children of the Future or Brave New World .. these albums were released before (i believe 1968&69) he jumped to the commercial stuff and are much more complexed and bluesy. The guy is a prodigy of Les Paul fo cris sakes.
As far as the commercial stuff .. I do like Jet Airliner ....

I don' think he was just amusing me because he played a 4 or 5 song set before we did "In The Mood".

And Jet Airliner? Sheesh, you've got to be kidding me! That's a very close runner up to "Take the money and run". That's what I'm talking about, totally juvenile cookie cutter music. I could have written that song three weeks after I first pickud up a guitar. How can you like that song and Stevie Ray Vaughan at the same time?

Sultans of Swing!

...can I get an Amen?

Amen. I wish Dire Straights had a "daytime job and was doin allright", so they never would have released that piece of smegma.

Yes! And fat, and I have a mole and black hair on my chin. My likes are Nirvana, Ho-hos, Ben-gay rubs, and my designer, Omar the tentmaker.
You don't eeven remember my name right, do I mean so leetle to you? By Allah, this is all a man can take, we are no longer together, you'll have to get your HO-HO's from the north pole for all I care, you eenternet floozy!

And I don't care how big a tent you promised me to pay for for your Democrat partee, it would seeem eet is no very a big tent if there is no room for HOmar.

My dislikes are, physical activity of any kind but especially hiking, men who want oral sex, and any shoe with a heel over one quarter of an inch.

Why do you ask Dano? (as if I didn't know)

Did you want to ask me to dinner? <coy look>
One last warning. If you are to take up with this "Dano", then if the legends are true about him, you may not have much 'room' to voice your disliking...

Last edited:
LOL, this thread is turning into a classic already! Darla, I gotta love that smart ass comment you made to Dano, freakin hilarious!

Now, my vote goes to 'Nookie' by Limp Bizkit...

I don' think he was just amusing me because he played a 4 or 5 song set before we did "In The Mood".

And Jet Airliner? Sheesh, you've got to be kidding me! That's a very close runner up to "Take the money and run". That's what I'm talking about, totally juvenile cookie cutter music. I could have written that song three weeks after I first pickud up a guitar. How can you like that song and Stevie Ray Vaughan at the same time?

Sultans of Swing!

...can I get an Amen?

Amen. I wish Dire Straights had a "daytime job and was doin allright", so they never would have released that piece of smegma.

Oh please .. then why didnt you and why arent we now discussing one of your shitty songs?

Last edited:
Most Overrated Rock Song of all Time
//

Anything by the Beatles .

Quoted for truth.

The Beatles are the most overrated band in history. As musicians I would say they are merely mediocre. Lennon and McCartney might be good song writers but the music just doesn't do it for me.

Quoted for truth.

The Beatles are the most overrated band in history. As musicians I would say they are merely mediocre. Lennon and McCartney might be good song writers but the music just doesn't do it for me.

Honestly, I think you're right.

As time goes on, I think some of the appeal of the beatles is fading. Certainly, they remain a sentimental favorite of the older generation.

But younger rock fans, and especially younger rock musicians, aren't really paying them homage anymore. While some of today's rock bands will cover The Who, the Stones, Zepplin, and AC/DC, they're pretty much ignoring the beatles.

Back