Most Overrated Rock Song of all Time

Honestly, I think you're right.

As time goes on, I think some of the appeal of the beatles is fading. Certainly, they remain a sentimental favorite of the older generation.

But younger rock fans, and especially younger rock musicians, aren't really paying them homage anymore. While some of today's rock bands will cover The Who, the Stones, Zepplin, and AC/DC, they're pretty much ignoring the beatles.

Sales dont show it... The Beatles still out sell the bands you mention ... and I happen to like the bands you mentioned.

The Beatles appeal goes beyond R&R ... and if it as you say ..their appeal is fading .. a 40 year popularity stint off an 8 year recording career as a group will be hard to top.
And the Beatles were not about long flashy solo's and who has the biggest dick ..their songs were built around rhythm and atmosphere .

You don't eeven remember my name right, do I mean so leetle to you? By Allah, this is all a man can take, we are no longer together, you'll have to get your HO-HO's from the north pole for all I care, you eenternet floozy!

And I don't care how big a tent you promised me to pay for for your Democrat partee, it would seeem eet is no very a big tent if there is no room for HOmar.

One last warning. If you are to take up with this "Dano", then if the legends are true about him, you may not have much 'room' to voice your disliking...

But I'd want to voice it...I figured as much!

How could anyone put anything by Nirvana on a list like this? You just dont understand the song, you were probably already old and cranky when it came out.

I feel stupid, and contagious, here we are now, entertain us...

An athem to alienation. Nirvana is great. Heart shaped box...how can anyone hate Nirvana?

They were trying to copy a band named the "Pixie's" (whom you've probably never heard of because they weren't on a major labe, but they were better than their copiersl) whenever they wrote "Smells like teen spirit". Nirvana has some OK songs, but Smells like teen spirit is obviously at near the bottom of the list of their songs whenever it comes to quality. The lyrics aren't deep, you idiots. They're just meaningless contradictions written in a stream-of-thought mode. I could write much better lyrics.

Oh please .. then why didnt you and why arent we now discussing one of your shitty songs?

You really think Jet Airliner and Take the money and Run are good songs?

Man, these songs were just a bunch of assembly line mass produced music. How can you really enjoy these songs?

Benny and the Jets - Elton John - It appears to me that this song was engineered to annoy, but I seem to be alone on it. Stupid lyrics, deplorable rhythm, no continuity, craphouse beat. I've always known that this song's popularity is a testament to how record companied dictate what the sheeple will listen to.

Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller - Never has a bunch of talentless hacks gove farther on less ability than this band, and this song is proof that people will listen to ANYTHING, if it ends up on a major label.

These are only the first two, but I think I'll be a major contributor to this thread.

Oh,man. Good call.

Miller's song is a minor annoyance, but I DETEST B-b-b-benny and the Jets! And why is the crowd clapping along with that dreck? That song makes my teeth itch.

Oh,man. Good call.

Miller's song is a minor annoyance, but I DETEST B-b-b-benny and the Jets! And why is the crowd clapping along with that dreck? That song makes my teeth itch.

Baffling isn't it? Benny and the Jets. The only reason this song made it past the cutting room floor is because Sir Elton performed it. It is truly a piece of junk.

You really think Jet Airliner and Take the money and Run are good songs?

Man, these songs were just a bunch of assembly line mass produced music. How can you really enjoy these songs?

Are they good songs? They are not classics .. I wouldnt put them on my alltime greatest song list. My argument for Miller isnt the period when these songs were released ... Im tellin you to listen to Miller from the late 60's and early 70's ... different style ...good substance ...

man.. ..even the great Dylan has clunkers ...

You need to remember .. most songs crafted for Radio Airplay are just that ... "manufactured" for Radio ... essentially ..they are jingles for their Albums and Concert Tours ...

As far as Bennie and the Jets ... who knows whereElton was going with that song ... the album it came off was so good that it doesnt really matter. For that matter ..how about Philadelphia Freedom? *cough* *choke*

Last edited:
Take it to the Limit - Eagles
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Back