Movies to look forward to ...

Klaatu... but it is still HE MAN.... the movie will suck.... you heard it here first. :)

He-Man and She-Ra have a place in my Heart... I raised 3 daughters in the 80's who loved 'em.
Besides...if done right it could be whole lot of fun ... its Hercules, Conan, Barbarella and Star Wars all rolled into one neat package.

"Nope not a hillary"

Oops.... freudian slip.

"Calling a guy a girl around here will get ya whooped

You needin an ass whoopin or sumpthin ?"

1) my bad

2) ya couldn't do it. Your old ass would have a hard enough time getting out of the rocker, your whuppin me would only occur in the land of make believe. :)

You know you have a point, even if I whooped ya good and you ever touched me, it might wind up hurting me more than you.

He is still a young Director .. while his follow ups havent measured up to the level of Sixth Sense ... they're not bad.. its a matter of taste ... I happen to like "Unbreakable" and "Signs"...

Nope..I wouldnt avoid it ....
I liked Signs and Unbreakable as well, yet they were only steps in a downward progression until you have red paint on doors near a forest no one wants to enter....

He-Man and She-Ra have a place in my Heart... I raised 3 daughters in the 80's who loved 'em.
Besides...if done right it could be whole lot of fun ... its Hercules, Conan, Barbarella and Star Wars all rolled into one neat package.

As a child of the 80s I agree. I think it will be fun & nostalgic even if it does suck.

On another note, I finally saw "The Departed". I wasn't too keen on the a-typical ending, but I have to say, it lived up to the hype. Wahlberg and DiCaprio did excellent jobs imo. Nicholas was over-rated. He essentially plays the same character in most of his movies. That corky/ecclectic semi-maniac with zingy one-liners. I even found similarities to his character in As Good as it Gets and the one with the gay guy that got beat up.

I watched the Departed this past weekend as well. I can't stand DiCaprio's previous work (for the most part... his drowning in Titanic made that crappy movie almost tolerable), but in this movie he did a great job.

As for the ending... I liked it. I won't go into too much detail as to why I did, just in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

Definitely recommend people check it out.

Side note Lady T: DON'T KNOCK JACK.... he da man.

I watched the Departed this past weekend as well. I can't stand DiCaprio's previous work (for the most part... his drowning in Titanic made that crappy movie almost tolerable), but in this movie he did a great job.

As for the ending... I liked it. I won't go into too much detail as to why I did, just in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

******THE DEPARTED SPOILER ALERT*****

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND INTEND TO SEE IT.

I too went through an I hate Dicaprio phase. But I will say this about him, his roles have been a lot more diverse a lot more dynamic than Jacks have been over the last thirty years or so. I saw too many similarities to his other roles. He really is over-rated. I haven't seen him transform himself. For instance, Billy Bob Thorton in Sling Blade was phenomenal. I can still barely recognize him in that role. Jack really hasn't really made that transformation for me. And to listen to him in person, his roles aren't even that much of a stretch. Mind you, he plays that role really well, but its usually a one dimensional role. Thus, I have to say, I think DiCaprio's a better actor.

About the movie......before Dicaprio got killed why did he tell the one guy to meet him at the empty building? He had the tapes, a witness (wahlberg), and a credible story. Why meet him there just to take him in?Also, that was pretty stupid of the other rat in the department to expose himself. He was basically off scott free - no one knew about him.

******THE DEPARTED SPOILER ALERT*****

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND INTEND TO SEE IT.

"About the movie......before Dicaprio got killed why did he tell the one guy to meet him at the empty building? He had the tapes, a witness (wahlberg), and a credible story. Why meet him there just to take him in?Also, that was pretty stupid of the other rat in the department to expose himself. He was basically off scott free - no one knew about him."

I was wondering that too. Probably because we totally wouldn't see it coming either. When that elevator door opened... did you expect a bullet to be on the way into Leo's head? I do like the fact that everyone dies :)

AS for Jack... go back and look at some of his old movies. Yes, he got into a rut over the latter part of his career, but I think it was because he was at the stage of his career that he could do what he wanted and those are the types of roles he likes best.

"I don't care for Nicholson or dicrapio. So I don;t care if the departed has departed."

WE already covered this... u a dum hillbilly.... what u no?

He would probably be called a commie liberal history revisionist if he portrayed them and their times accurately.
It would probably be a great show though.
The thing is that Lincoln actually stands up to close scrutiny. He doesn't come through it the pure, mythological creature he's often portrayed to be in primary school history but, as a real life man, he looks pretty good.

Which is exactly why I wish it weren't Spielberg doing that one. He's too much in love with mythological creatures.

I liked Signs and Unbreakable as well, yet they were only steps in a downward progression until you have red paint on doors near a forest no one wants to enter....
I liked Signs but thought The Village was a definite step up from the interminable and bloated Unwatchable . . . er breakable.

I like DiCaprio's work... apparently so does Scorcese..so I know Im in good company... ;) I believe him to be one the 5 best actors of the past couple of decades... "Catch Me If You Can" "Aviator" and "Gangs of New York" ...all fantastic work... imho ...

I like DiCaprio's work... apparently so does Scorcese..so I know Im in good company... ;) I believe him to be one the 5 best actors of the past couple of decades... "Catch Me If You Can" "Aviator" and "Gangs of New York" ...all fantastic work... imho ...

You know what I've realized? I don't really like agreeing with you. But in this case I have to concur. Dicaprio has shown himself to be a dynamic and talented actor over the last few decades. he's managed to break away from tween heart throb to a perfectionist of his craft. I also like Wahlberg too. I was suprised that the former "good vibrations" rapper has morphed into a respectable and convincing actor.

SF, I have to say i was the least impressed with Jacks work. Not that he was bad, but I just wasn't impressed.

The thing is that Lincoln actually stands up to close scrutiny. He doesn't come through it the pure, mythological creature he's often portrayed to be in primary school history but, as a real life man, he looks pretty good.

Which is exactly why I wish it weren't Spielberg doing that one. He's too much in love with mythological creatures.

Hmmm.. Not many film makers who dont take advantage of Creative Freedom.. Im not sure Spielberg would be my first choice... but he is up there ...

To get Lincoln right he'll need to capture a man who was in reality wrestling with his inner demons with slavery.. , dealing with a manic deperssive wife, dealing with egocentric Generals from both sides of the fence... Id say to capture Lincoln he should cross the personalities of Will Rogers, LBJ and Harry Truman.

Back