MPR: The "N-word"

SM and I agree in two separate threads in the same day? WTF?

I guess the heat wave is happening because hell froze over.

Originally Posted by Zeus: King of the Gods

I hardly feel you, ol' Lightning Bolt, are in any position or sphere of influence to assess whether or not I'm in or out of touch with anything, let alone black culture or people.
Of course, in certain segments of society, such as impoverished areas or trailer parks, class or the lack thereof, may dictate what is heard in conversation.
You can't guarantee anything. I seldom hear the word, except on political debate forums populated by white racists.

Is the ignore feature not working out for you?

I heard it in Seattle. I hear it all the time. As to whether you believe me or not, I could give two shits.

And do, pray tell, explain how I am a bigot.

I've already explained that. You are incapable of having a discussion without injecting race.

Look asshole, nobody on this site even likes you. The fact that NOBODY likes you has nothing to do with race or sexuality, and everything to do with the fact that you've been an arrogant prick from day one.

..."white privilege" ...
Here's a thought. Create a new persona claiming that you are a white guy. Post the exact same race-baiting and racist shit, either favoring black or whites, your choice, and see where "white privilege" gets you. :)

I would be a hypocrite if I started banning people for disagreeing or stating something "offensive" to another. Either you don't understand that words mean things, or you really don't understand what "hypocrite" means. I don't believe that is the case and that you are just attempting an ad hominem attack that you believe will get me to act like you want me to act. People don't like to be called hypocrite or racist, however baseless the accusation may be and will often go a long way to try to get people to stop. However, I do know that words mean things, and that my stance on censorship would make me a hypocrite if I banned the word. You can't make me a hypocrite, only I could do that.

I don't like the F-word either, but you won't see me "banning" its usage on the site. I don't like "apple", when used in a certain context, because it is a racial slur for either a mixed breed native, or a statement of how a native "acts" somehow different than expected, they are 'red' on the outside, but 'white' on the inside. You won't see me banning that either. Nor do I assume every time somebody says anything about it or uses it in any form that it is a personal attack. (There are many different forms of this one too. I've heard "white apple"... which is a person who is partial native who looks white.) Basically it would be like using "oreo" in a context other than speaking of cookies and where it was used to refer to race.

An ad hominem attack? That I believe will get you to act like I want you to act? Please. The first step in any 12-step program is to admit to being powerless over people. places and things. I have no control over what others may do or say, or think. I am merely pointing out an observation, which you are free to stick up your ass, if you so choose. 'White apple"? Never heard of that one...but I have heard of "oreo", and have used the term, myself, to describe the character and actions of certain black conservatives, like Allan West and Clarence Thomas.
And denial is not a river over in Egypt, either.

I have known Damo for several years. I have watched him run this place for 4 years. He has not banned any individual words. So your accusation of hypocrisy is, in fact, wrong.

I did not tell you because I am white and you are black. I told you because I am very familiar with this place and with Damo's moderation of it. And you are obviously not familiar with it.

I did not minimalize you. I only offered you information from someone far more familiar with this website. I have watched Damo moderate for over 4 years, and you have been here less than a month. Who do you think is more qualified to speak to his motivations? The colors of our respective skin has absolutely nothing to do with it.

You want a single word banned because it offends you. You have not addressed any words that offend anyone else. So your demands are completely self-serving. And if your self-serving demands are based soely on race, your demands are, by definition, racist.

No settle the fuck down and hold your racist accusations for those who have done something based on race. I have certainly not. Your statement: "Nothing other that your inherent sense that you know best because you're white and I'm black." is absolute bullshit. By that reasoning, no one of any race is allowed to tell anyone of another race that they are in error. Regardless of the difference in experience, education, or knowledge, any correction is racism because it is a white person correcting a black person? That is utter nonsense.

Unsolicited. Unapologetic. And arrogant beyond belief. You make it all too easy to ignore you.

Unsolicited. Unapologetic. And arrogant beyond belief. You make it all too easy to ignore you.

This is a political debate site. Very few replies are "solicited".
I have never, that I can recall, apologized for doing something right.
I would be very interested in any example of arrogance in my post.

You have pointed out that you are the only black on this board. By your standards, no one here can disagree or correct you without it being racist. Can you see the idiocy of that?

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that Damo might not be hypocritical? If he does not ban any individual words, then his refusal to ban the one you want banned is actually quite consistent.

An ad hominem attack? That I believe will get you to act like I want you to act? Please. The first step in any 12-step program is to admit to being powerless over people. places and things. I have no control over what others may do or say, or think. I am merely pointing out an observation, which you are free to stick up your ass, if you so choose. 'White apple"? Never heard of that one...but I have heard of "oreo", and have used the term, myself, to describe the character and actions of certain black conservatives, like Allan West and Clarence Thomas.

So your plan is to stick to ignorance of the meaning of words? You "point out" something that you "see"?

I would be a hypocrite if I did what you want, not if I refuse. That's pretty much it, it's very simple.

I don't believe that you don't know what the word means, so that means either you don't know me well enough to judge even halfway correctly or you are attempting to force an action from me that would be hypocritical on my part but would please you. I absolutely refuse to believe a poet laureate is somehow incapable of the use of a dictionary.

So your plan is to stick to ignorance of the meaning of words? You "point out" something that you "see"?

I would be a hypocrite if I did what you want, not if I refuse. That's pretty much it, it's very simple.

I don't believe that you don't know what the word means, so that means either you don't know me well enough to judge even halfway correctly or you are attempting to force an action from me that would be hypocritical on my part but would please you. I absolutely refuse to believe a poet laureate is somehow incapable of the use of a dictionary.

No, sir...you're a hypocrite, in light of the fact that you don't approve of the usage of the n-word...but neither will you do anything about it, which is actually in your power to do. Many forums forbid the usage of racial pejoratives...all you have to say is that it's not welcome here...but, hypocritically, you state that it's more important that people exercise their "freedom of speech" right, in light of this single solitary hideous word...used only to demean and degrade a group of people, not only an individual, all the while condemning its' use. That seems the textbook definition of "hypocrite".
And I have a Webster's New World Dictionary, 5 feet from me, most of the time. I don't use words I don't know the meaning of..........ever. And I am not a poet laureate. I'm up for consideration. Don't get it confused.

you state that it's more important that people exercise their "freedom of speech" right, in light of this single solitary hideous word....

Funny that you don't ask for any other offensive words to be banned.

No, sir...you're a hypocrite, in light of the fact that you don't approve of the usage of the n-word...but neither will you do anything about it, which is actually in your power to do. Many forums forbid the usage of racial pejoratives...all you have to say is that it's not welcome here...but, hypocritically, you state that it's more important that people exercise their "freedom of speech" right, in light of this single solitary hideous word...used only to demean and degrade a group of people, not only an individual, all the while condemning its' use. That seems the textbook definition of "hypocrite".
And I have a Webster's New World Dictionary, 5 feet from me, most of the time. I don't use words I don't know the meaning of..........ever. And I am not a poet laureate. I'm up for consideration. Don't get it confused.

Again, you claim an ignorance of the meaning of the word. I'm good with that. I don't really care. But I personally would not want people to think I was incapable of understanding the meaning of things in order to try to push a personal agenda.

I stand on principle. People can say things I don't like here. I would be a hypocrite if I started censoring, not if I stand by my principles.

I don't even give a rip if you don't like those principles, or my staunch support of the freedom of the individual even on this site. If you feel, as did rootbeer in the past, the need for the last word you can go ahead and have it. Allowing people to offend me doesn't make me a hypocrite, but banning them or their words for it would.

Confusion is the least of your worries.

Would it be okay for a white person to use the word "oreo"?

Your hypocrisy is, again, duly noted.

Pared down to those I've heard before:

Beaner, camel jockey, chink, coon, cracker, dago, frog, gook, gringo, guido, guinea, gypsy, heeb, honky, hun, hymie, injun, jap, jerry, jig, jungle bunny, kike, kraut, limey, n____r, nip, oreo, paddy, paki, polack, raghead, redneck, sambo, sand n___r, slope head, spade, spearchucker, spic, uncle Tom, wetback, wigger, whitey, wop, yank, yellow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Get busy, Damo. :)

Isn't it interesting that the board racists gravitated to this thread like rats to cheese. Everyone, seemingly, has something to say. How laughable.

Isn't it interesting that the board racists gravitated to this thread like rats to cheese. Everyone, seemingly, has something to say. How laughable.

On this board we do join in and say what we think. Its sorta the point of the entire website.

The fact that you think everyone who didn't jump on your bandwagon is a racist is whats laughable.

I love it when "white privilege" kicks in, and various and sundry persons feel the need to lecture me on a host of topics, including this one. Did you think that I needed clarification from you? I was expressing my opinion, which needs no caveats. I understand, perfectly, what is going on. Please resist your natural inclination to correct black people....as if they couldn't make it without you. And if you overstep your boundaries with me, again, you'll be added to my ignore list, along with the other refuse.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO; lthe dreaded IA threat.
Now where is that thread, regarding all of this??

Back