My early New Year's resolution

So he has an effect on the country, just not on you... :rofl2:

You won't last a month without belittling someone, like calling them dopey or their argument dopey.

I don't think I'm the only one. But I think there are those who follow the President's lead.

I may not last, but like I said in the OP, I'm going to try.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, it was just you taking the high road and giving yourself another disclaimer to fall back on. :good4u:

It's an observation about Trump, and it's 100% accurate. A "petty comment" would be a snipe or something not verifiable.

You shouldn't misinterpret the OP. I am going to be critical of Trump in 2018. Likely, quite often.

It's an observation about Trump, and it's 100% accurate. A "petty comment" would be a snipe or something not verifiable.

You shouldn't misinterpret the OP. I am going to be critical of Trump in 2018. Likely, quite often.

And now, you double down on how you can use your disclaimers. :good4u:

I don't know. Did they?

They did indeed. The FBI had them at a 5-year high. Various surveys showed spikes of anywhere between 20 - 40% both during the campaign and after Trump was elected.

I really don't think it's too disputable that Trump's rhetoric contributes to that. He thrives on divisiveness.

I do agree that they spiked; but then the anti-Trump crowd and antifa were violent, prior to Trump being sworn in.

It's not a bad point - I do think Trump as the leader bears the lion's share of the blame, but understand that is debatable.

Throughout his career though, both political & prior, he has thrived by pitting groups against one another. I really don't think it's that debatable that this is part of his m.o.

I'm not using disclaimers. Nowhere in the OP did I say or even hint that I wouldn't be critical of Trump.

That is, after all, part of political discourse. We can disagree about Trump. It's definitely okay.

What ever blows your skirt up, helps you sleep at night, and you can use to justify your own behavior.

"WHATEVER". :D

It's not a bad point - I do think Trump as the leader bears the lion's share of the blame, but understand that is debatable.

Throughout his career though, both political & prior, he has thrived by pitting groups against one another. I really don't think it's that debatable that this is part of his m.o.

YEAH, Trump should bear the "lion's share of the blame"; just because liberals don't like him, Hillary lost, and they can use it as an excuse for their own behavior. :good4u:

What ever blows your skirt up, helps you sleep at night, and you can use to justify your own behavior.

"WHATEVER". :D

Like I've said, he doesn't affect my behavior, nor do I feel a need to justify it.

But, if he warrants criticism, I'll criticize. You can be critical and still take the high road, and that's what I intend to do.

Back