My early New Year's resolution

I'm really going to try to keep to the high road on JPP in 2018, and stay away from petty comments & insults, and in general keep the tone respectful. Not sure how successful I'll be, but I'm definitely gonna give it the ol' college try.

It's kind of a drag to see the level of discourse in the country in general. I can put some blame on Trump here (he always takes the low road), but it was going downhill long before him. The internet & the anonymity it provides has been pretty negative in terms of how people react to one another.

We've had incarnations of this & previous boards that were more focused on a higher level of debate & discussion. I'd love to see JPP get back to that.

You have already failed. You just don’t know it

Why does everyone want to turn it into some sort of "gotcha?"

I'm just going to do my best. I was hoping a few more would join in. Would love to turn this into a bona-fide debate board again...

Yeah, people keep saying that. But no one can tell me how.

I really am going to try to keep it respectful. Again, as I've mentioned a few times - that doesn't mean "no criticism for Trump."

And as I said, you have already failed.

Either you will or you won’t.

Losers try. Winners fuck the prom queen

I'm just going to do my best. I was hoping a few more would join in. Would love to turn this into a bona-fide debate board again...

Aww swell, you are gonna do yer best. How sweet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really going to try to keep to the high road on JPP in 2018, and stay away from petty comments & insults, and in general keep the tone respectful. Not sure how successful I'll be, but I'm definitely gonna give it the ol' college try.

It's kind of a drag to see the level of discourse in the country in general. I can put some blame on Trump here (he always takes the low road), but it was going downhill long before him. The internet & the anonymity it provides has been pretty negative in terms of how people react to one another.

We've had incarnations of this & previous boards that were more focused on a higher level of debate & discussion. I'd love to see JPP get back to that.

I made sure to do that over Christmas. I just tried to tell the trolls to get out behind their computer, and have a jolly good time. You have to feel bad for someone that has to make three different troll threads, and says he's at war with Democrats anyway. Since it's Christmas I'll forgo any swipes, or name calling.

It's not so much of a "gotcha", as it is "you're clueless and don't even realize it"..

It is a fine aspirational goal, and good luck.
In my opinion, the days of jpp.com being like it was in the first few years are long gone. To many trolls, socially inept losers, and klansmen have found this place!

In my opinion, it is almost impossible to not lob a few well-timed jabs, insults, and rebukes to our bevy of belligerent Trump-ettes, and dull-witted white supremacists. It is a target rich environment, man!
My overarching goal is to avoid getting embroiled in petty grievances, lingering resentment, butt hurt-pouting, dog piling, whining, lying, libeling, slandering, rage posting, griping, and other odious message board hobbies many rightwing posters have an affinity for. It is really not worth stooping to that level, and it just ain't my bag, man!

Last edited:
In my opinion, the days of jpp.com being like it was in the first few years are long gone. To many trolls, socially inept losers, and klansmen have found this place!

In my opinion, it is almost impossible to not lob a few well-timed jabs, insults, and rebukes to our bevy of belligerent Trump-ettes, and dull-witted white supremacists. It is a target rich environment, man!
My overarching goal is to avoid getting embroiled in petty grievances, lingering resentment, butt hurt-pouting, dog piling, whining, lying, libeling, slandering, rage posting, griping, and other odious message board hobbies many rightwing posters have an affinity for. It is really not worth stooping to that level, and it just ain't my bag, man!

LOL!!! You then must have all the "belligerent" "and dull-witted" liberals on ignore. Your contradictions are also clearly noted.

My overarching goal is to avoid getting embroiled in petty grievances, lingering resentment, butt hurt-pouting, dog piling, whining, lying, libeling, slandering, rage posting, griping, and other odious message board hobbies.

So you don't want to act like a liberal any more!! :good4u:

It's not pass/fail, but no one has shown me yet where I said anything insulting or disrespectful. I have sort of assumed it's my comment about Trump taking the low road - but he does.

You are missing the point. But I have come to expect that from you.

I didn’t say you insulted anyone in this thread. I said you already failed at your resolution as you had so many qualifiers on it, that you assuredly gave yourself an out.

The way you wrote it is not an indication of your seriousness in sticking to the resolution.

That is what I meant when I said you failed. Maybe it was too nuanced for you?

Of course it is your bag. You act like there are no other forums for you to traffic.

You are merely projecting

You are missing the point. But I have come to expect that from you.

I didn’t say you insulted anyone in this thread. I said you already failed at your resolution as you had so many qualifiers on it, that you assuredly gave yourself an out.

The way you wrote it is not an indication of your seriousness in sticking to the resolution.

That is what I meant when I said you failed. Maybe it was too nuanced for you?

Ah, I see.

I respect your point of view on this, and I'm appreciative that you clarified. Nonetheless, I still intend to give it my best.

If you want JPP to get back to what you say, self ban yourself immediately.

I react to people like you exactly the way you deserve.

I've done that long ago. Why not commit to be open minded?

Back