My faith is shot

So to you Russia and China's veto's are significant to the value of the mission?

It's a big difference from Libya; we don't have a group of nations doing it so far. Diplomacy is hard.

At least Russia did come up with an alternative; I am hoping that works out.

I really have to stop seeing both sides, by the way; it would be so much easier if I could just argue one side of the issue!

I think there's been a growing level of opposition to Libya. Overall, it appears that people are disillusioned with the Arab Spring, and view it as a failure.
That is because the dumb mutherfuckers thought that Jefferson and Madison existed in the middle east. They thought that the people of the Arab world are going to overthrow Islam and embrace democracy and freedom of religion, that women would roan the nations in bikinis and that Imams would be out of work.

That is because the dumb mutherfuckers thought that Jefferson and Madison existed in the middle east. They thought that the people of the Arab world are going to overthrow Islam and embrace democracy and freedom of religion, that women would roan the nations in bikinis and that Imams would be out of work.

There is no reason to think they won't, it just wont occur immediately after democracy. How long did WE have to work for full enfranchisment?

how long has it taken us to get where we are today vs. where we were under Jefferson and Madison?

It's a big difference from Libya; we don't have a group of nations doing it so far. Diplomacy is hard.

At least Russia did come up with an alternative; I am hoping that works out.

the thing is the Obama admin has been asking assad the whole time to give up these weapons.

He kept denying he even had them until he thought he was about to get hit

People who believe that are complete stupid fucks. What rational thought would lead them to believe that a democratic ME nation would automatically be pro US. I mean these idiots probably never even read a newspaper let alone a history book!

Without a reformation, Islam is stuck.
Islam isn't stuck....the ME eastern nations will be. You're are correct. The Islamic nations need the equivalent of a reformation that will lead them into modernity. Otherwise they are going to remain a midevil culture and open to exploitation by the western powers.

Lets not be hipocrytes about this either. Large swathes of the south are still stuck in a midevil European cultural paradigm and 200 plus years of democracy hasn't really done a whole lot to change that.

NOT ME! My cynicism is once again awarded with bragging rights.

yeah they need to have their ground shaken by people who are free to disagree.

You know something like a Democracy

You do not have the right to tell people if they are good enough to TRY democracy.

you people just don't believe in the transformative ability of freedom and Democracy

I am a popped eye optimist, I still hope.

It looks like the Catholic Church is heading into a reformation, maybe Islam can follow.

Back