my posts now dont bump a thread to the top and always say ERROR

It doesn't happen all that often Desh, however due to a recent upgrade to mysql that didn't take correctly the innodb was corrupt. The innodb is the engine that controls the storage of the data. What was happening is with a corrupt innodb the site will lose some of the tables in the database as the control for the storage is where the issue lies.

The latest fix appears to have worked as well, but I have to let it run before I'll know.

Anyway, the October issue where the server company forced me to upgrade so my scripts would be more efficient and I wouldn't be using up too much of the resources on the server (that was why they would suspend the account on occasion) was the catalyst for this issue...

There is no way I could avoid the update, unless I wanted my site to be constantly "suspended" because I was using up too much of the shared resources of the VPN. There is no way they, or I, could know that a small corruption in the innodb would be exacerbated by the upgrade (and was the likely reason for the inefficient use of resources by the dbase). At that point, we've (the server company and I) have been working on making sure I have a clean innodb and don't lose any further data.

The corruption was present in the backups over a long period, it took finding one from 2014 that finally solved the issue with the data itself... now we think we've solved the innodb issue. Only time will tell though.

So, two dbase issues in a month is extremely rare for the site. It had nothing to do with you. And life will go on.

GRIND - STOP LYING TO DESHA AND TELL HER THE TRUTH.
It only crashes, when she's posting.
Why do you have to be such a dick? :palm:

I simply asked people if a feature I don't personally like is something they did like. More people liked it than disliked it. I kept it.

Again, if you want it gone convince people. If more than half of the every day users want it gone it will go. Of course, if I liked the feature that would not be an option. I keep the features I like and use without regard to the posters...

Why are you attempting to use logic, with someone who obviously has the cognitive and reasoning ability of a two year old?

While I give you props for trying; wouldn't your time be better served, by banging your head against a rock wall?

I think thread ban feature for cowards. Why make post on public board and then ban so many persons?

When some people do no more then try to derail the idea behind the thread, sometimes it's better to just not have to deal with them.

Plus JPP is in the middle of a "civil war" and the liberal South wants everyone to become slaves (again) to their ideas. :D

Ok, I can see points why ban constant trolls might be good. But some use to just ban views they don't want to listen to or because they no like the person. For my belief, I think open message board should not have ban thread because board is open. You have to take good with bad. You don't want bad, you can use personal thing like ignore function.

This board have many hate for each other, but that comes with politics sometimes. I don't think I go on board and there not be factions hate each other. Easy to hate and say mean things when not face to face.

Pretty silly to have a discussion site and then work to make it so people don't have to talk to each other huh?

Back