APP - N1H1 - why is this a big deal?

Jarod

Contributor
I have heard that the N1H1 flu is not really any worse than a regular flu.... Infact some reputable sources have told me its not as bad as a regular flu.

Why the hype? What is it about this flu that sets it apart from other flu's?

They need a manufactured "crisis" in order to pass legislation that otherwise would never pass.

Do you belive this is about the healthcare bill?
Yes. I believe that the crisis is largely exaggerated and they hoped that they would be able to pass legislation without any discussion first. It is why they pressed that it pass before recess.

While I think we have something we need to fix, I do not believe that it needs to be fixed by foolish legislation passed in the dead of night with no discussion, this will effect 1/6th of our economy, this needs full discussion and no rush to pass poor legislation.

It has nothing at all to do with buying large amounts of vaccine with tax dollars.

This is a media frenzy similar to Kahoutek.

Yes. I believe that the crisis is largely exaggerated and they hoped that they would be able to pass legislation without any discussion first. It is why they pressed that it pass before recess.

While I think we have something we need to fix, I do not believe that it needs to be fixed by foolish legislation passed in the dead of night with no discussion, this will effect 1/6th of our economy, this needs full discussion and no rush to pass poor legislation.

Who do you belive exaggerated the "crisis"?

Who do you belive exaggerated the "crisis"?
Who do you think wants to pass legislation that takes a good portion of 1/6th of our economy and places it into the hands of the government? Who do you think has professed a wish that this would be the first step towards a single-payer system implemented here in the US?

I have heard that the N1H1 flu is not really any worse than a regular flu.... Infact some reputable sources have told me its not as bad as a regular flu.

Why the hype? What is it about this flu that sets it apart from other flu's?

It's a different strain that looked like it had the possibility to be deadly.

Not as bad as the regular flu would still be bad. The flu kills 30k Americans every year.

You know very well that if this legislation isn't passed, nothing is going to happen on this front for at least a generation.

Back