Name something good religion has caused

What straw man have I argued that nihilists don't make?

By claiming that nihilism states that meaning and value don't exist, and thus this justifies 'baby killing', when in truth, nihilism argues that meaning and value don't exist innately, but are a human creation found only whereever humans invest meaning or value.

Additionally, you also question human created values you simply don't agree with, by going to the first part of your argument, that no values exist innately. So, while you're claiming that you respect human created values, the truth is that you hit the reset button on those you don't agree with. Thus your nihilism becomes a ridiculous tool which you think allows you to win all arguments, but actually only makes you look like a fool. that's my actual argument. And it's observably true, and describes the usual debate with a nihilist.

I have repeatedly stated throughout that people have the "right" to do as they will, that society through ethics will limit your "right" to do such. Repeating it doesn't make it "absurd". It is reality. As Stalin had freedom to exercise and practice his, society chose to reign in that of Hitler's machine.

I think I know the problem. I've been talking to my philosophy prof about this scenerio, and he thinks it is a problem with the difference between the concepts of right and freedom in philosophy in the US and Europe. Apparently it is common and often commented on that in the US to interchange the words 'freedom' and 'right', something that generally doesn't occur in Europe.

The reason I struggle with the idea of a right as simply being able or free to act, because it makes the term 'right' hollow, it means nothing more than 'to act'. It makes it pointless to use the term.

To give the term 'rights' substance, it has to mean more than just 'to act'.

For example, as a member of a society, lets say a society who has made it a rule not to steal, an individual has a duty to not steal, and corresponding that, the individual has the right not to be stolen from. He has freedom to act, he can still steal, but he had no right to. If he exercises his freedom (acting according to will and capability), he breaks the social contract.

If it is part of the social contract not to kill, I have no right, or a duty to not, kill my neighbour, no matter what my will dictates, no matter that I can do it. I am free to do it if my will and capability dictates, but I have a duty not to kill him. Corresponding this, I have the right not to be killed by my neighbour.

Additionally, you also question human created values you simply don't agree with, by going to the first part of your argument, that no values exist innately. So, while your claiming that you respect human create values, the truth is that you hit the reset button on those you don't agree with. Thus your nihilism becomes a ridiculous tool which you think allows you to win all arguments, but actually only makes you look like a fool. that's my actual argument. And it's observably true, and describes the usual debate with a nihilist.

Damn right I question human created values, I question every notion and idea.

Do you know what dead dogma is? It is a notion created by JS Mill in defence of free speech. It states that speech should not be restricted because, no matter how solid the idea, if it isn't challenged it becomes accepted on face value. The conclusion of the idea is parrotted without the premises on which it is based being known. Only by challenging ideas to good, solid ideas remain vital.

I don't rely on the fact that no value is innate, I recognise that and then challenge the ideas of the human created value.

If anything is making anyone look like a fool, it is your defence of anti-free speech, by stating that some notions are sacrisanct and cannot be challenged, and the fact that your usual argument consists of simply calling people who disagree with you cunts...

I have repeatedly stated throughout that people have the "right" to do as they will, that society through ethics will limit your "right" to do such. Repeating it doesn't make it "absurd". It is reality. As Stalin had freedom to exercise and practice his, society chose to reign in that of Hitler's machine.

I think I know the problem. I've been talking to my philosophy prof about this scenerio, and he thinks it is a problem with the difference between the concepts of right and freedom in philosophy in the US and Europe. Apparently it is common and often commented on that in the US to interchange the words 'freedom' and 'right', something that generally doesn't occur in Europe.

The reason I struggle with the idea of a right as simply being able or free to act, because it makes the term 'right' hollow, it means nothing more than 'to act'. It makes it pointless to use the term.

To give the term 'rights' substance, it has to mean more than just 'to act'.

For example, as a member of a society, lets say a society who has made it a rule not to steal, an individual has a duty to not steal, and corresponding that, the individual has the right not to be stolen from. He has freedom to act, he can still steal, but he had no right to. If he exercises his freedom (acting according to will and capability), he breaks the social contract.

If it is part of the social contract not to kill, I have no right, or a duty to not, kill my neighbour, no matter what my will dictates, no matter that I can do it. I am free to do it if my will and capability dictates, but I have a duty not to kill him. Corresponding this, I have the right not to be killed by my neighbour.
This makes "right" into more of a religious concept than one based in reality. Regardless of what "weight" you want to put on it, the only true rights you have are the natural rights. Any others are simply expressions of what society will "allow" you to exercise. Or, IMO, that society will exercise their rights over.

Additionally, you also question human created values you simply don't agree with, by going to the first part of your argument, that no values exist innately. So, while your claiming that you respect human create values, the truth is that you hit the reset button on those you don't agree with. Thus your nihilism becomes a ridiculous tool which you think allows you to win all arguments, but actually only makes you look like a fool. that's my actual argument. And it's observably true, and describes the usual debate with a nihilist.

Damn right I question human created values, I question every notion and idea.

Do you know what dead dogma is? It is a notion created by JS Mill in defence of free speech. It states that speech should not be restricted because, no matter how solid the idea, if it isn't challenged it becomes accepted on face value. The conclusion of the idea is parrotted without the premises on which it is based being known. Only by challenging ideas to good, solid ideas remain vital.

I don't rely on the fact that no value is innate, I recognise that and then challenge the ideas of the human created value.

If anything is making anyone look like a fool, it is your defence of anti-free speech, by stating that some notions are sacrisanct and cannot be challenged, and the fact that your usual argument consists of simply calling people who disagree with you cunts...

They can be challenged, and I'm all for questioning. I'm pro free speech. But ultimately morality is explained by how different behaviors effect survivability. Even at this point nihilists continue to question, even the value of and right to life. That's why nihilists are ultimately pro-death, or seem to be, by refusing to agree life is valuable. Denying the value of life is ultimately their only argument against the true value of morality.

Of course, they get hung up on an all this "dead dogma" crap, but that's just a dodge. Ultmately the whole movement is meant to be a social poison, destroying societies which embrace the moral relativism it engenders.

Last edited:
This makes "right" into more of a religious concept than one based in reality. Regardless of what "weight" you want to put on it, the only true rights you have are the natural rights. Any others are simply expressions of what society will "allow" you to exercise. Or, IMO, that society will exercise their rights over.

In what way is it a religious concept? There is no religious input at all. Society sets the terms of the social contract, not religion.

And natural rights? The right to act? That is just action, attaching the term right to it has no bearing, it is superfluous.

In the natural state, there is absolute freedom, you act as your will dictates according to your capability, just like any other species. An individual doesn't have a right to life, enshrined in any kind of contract, they merely have life. The right to life only comes with the contract, where you gain the right not to be killed in exchange for the duty not to kill. The right to life is no guarentee that you will keep your life, it is just that the society has a pact in which everyone agrees not to kill. A pact can be broken, but then the perpetrator, because he has failed in his duty, thus loses his rights.

I just don't see the point in stating that every act is a right, when in reality the act is just an act.

They can be challenged, and I'm all for questioning. I'm pro free speech.

You don't act, or post like it. You act as if challenging entrenched ideas is evil.

But ultimately morality is explained by how different behaviors effect survivability.

So, according to this statement, if it is beneficial to the survival of a society, it is morally right to kill sections of the society?

Even at this point nihilists continue to question, even the value of and right to life.

See my above about challenging ideas. You have contradicted yourself. You claim to be pro-free speech, provided that free speech agrees with you and doesn't upset or disturb you. See my above ref dead dogma.

That's why nihilists are ultimately pro-death, or seem to be, by refusing to agree life is valuable.

This is a strawman. Nihilists don't refuse that life is valuable, they argue that life has no innate value, that value is a human creation and only found where humans invest it.

Denying the value of life is ultimately their only argument against the true value of morality.

See my above ref straman. Nihilists don't argue that morality has no value, just that it is an artifical construct and that any value found in it is created by humans and isn't innate.

Of course, they get hung up on an all this "dead dogma" crap, but that's just a dodge.

No it isn't. It is a valid argument in defence of free speech, that you claim to support, but act and post as if you don't.

Ultmately the whole movement is meant to be a social poison, destroying societies which embrace the moral relativism it engenders.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Last edited:
In what way is it a religious concept? There is no religious input at all. Society sets the terms of the social contract, not religion.

Using such an abstract concept as "consensus is equal to rights" is a moral construct and thus more akin to religion than simply facing reality.

And natural rights? The right to act? That is just action, attaching the term right to it has no bearing, it is superfluous.

But it is the only definition of it that fits reality rather than an abstract construct of "right and wrong".

In the natural state, there is absolute freedom, you act as your will dictates according to your capability, just like any other species. An individual doesn't have a right to life, enshrined in any kind of contract, they merely have life. The right to life only comes with the contract, where you gain the right not to be killed in exchange for the duty not to kill. The right to life is no guarentee that you will keep your life, it is just that the society has a pact in which everyone agrees not to kill. A pact can be broken, but then the perpetrator, because he has failed in his duty, thus loses his rights.

It isn't a "right" other than the "right" of society to press their consensus onto you, the contract doesn't grant you any other "right" than those that exist in nature, your right to do as you will. What that contract does is express exactly where society as a whole will press their rights over yours and use "might" to do so.

I just don't see the point in stating that every act is a right, when in reality the act is just an act.

Because you insist on this religious concept of "right" based in the abstract of values. There is no certainty in such an abstract, saying that you have "this" right but not "that" one is based in an abstract concept of morality created by consensus. Nothing will ever gaurantee you your "rights", you must be vigilant in the protection of your freedoms, and willing to do what is necessary (to your beliefs) to ensure them. Most people use a system of some absolutes expressed by their belief in a Deity, that you do not doesn't change this same concept.

Society will express their rights the same way. Thankfully we build a framework of abstracts called morals that we use to measure which way society will and can express them.

Damn....

This thread was way too funny...haven't had such a good laugh in a long time...Then it got serious again...bring back Darla and asshat...the dialog was over the top and really amusing...:)

They can be challenged, and I'm all for questioning. I'm pro free speech.

You don't act, or post like it. You act as if challenging entrenched ideas is evil.
Challenging some ideas is idiotic. Questioning the value of life is stupid, considering this value guides your every action, at least in regards to your own life. Did you eat breakfast? Why?
But ultimately morality is explained by how different behaviors effect survivability.

So, according to this statement, if it is beneficial to the survival of a society, it is morally right to kill sections of the society?
You mean like murderers? yes.
Even at this point nihilists continue to question, even the value of and right to life.

See my above about challenging ideas. You have contradicted yourself. You claim to be pro-free speech, provided that free speech agrees with you and doesn't upset or disturb you. See my above ref dead dogma.
Im not challenging any speech. I'm questioning the nihilist refusal to value life considering the perpetuation of life guides nearly our every action.
That's why nihilists are ultimately pro-death, or seem to be, by refusing to agree life is valuable.

This is a strawman. Nihilists don't refuse that life is valuable, they argue that life has no innate value, that value is a human creation and only found where humans invest it.
No innate value. no value. let's not split hairs, ok dipshit?
Does anything have innate value?
Denying the value of life is ultimately their only argument against the true value of morality.

See my above ref straman. Nihilists don't argue that morality has no value, just that it is an artifical construct and that any value found in it is created by humans and isn't innate.
But you're a human. I'm a human. we all value it. I don't believe human constucts are necessarily 'artificial'.
Of course, they get hung up on an all this "dead dogma" crap, but that's just a dodge.

No it isn't. It is a valid argument in defence of free speech, that you claim to support, but act and post as if you don't.
I fully support your right to be a nihilist idiot in public. Keep on talking.
Ultmately the whole movement is meant to be a social poison, destroying societies which embrace the moral relativism it engenders.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

good one. You suck at arguing.

Using such an abstract concept as "consensus is equal to rights" is a moral construct and thus more akin to religion than simply facing reality.

//

But it is the only definition of it that fits reality rather than an abstract construct of "right and wrong".

So by that logic, when I draw up a contract, for example a pre-nup, that is akin to a religious document? A society draws up a contract that states you have certain duties, certain restrictions on your actions, which you get in exchange for certain rights, the allowance of other freedoms. It has no religious overtones, nor does it rely on any transcendental notions of right or wrong. It is the act of humans defining their own morality to live by.

This is far more reflective of reality than stating that if you can act, you have the right. This makes the term hollow, empty of any meaning, simply because it is used to replace 'to act'. Renaming the term 'to act' as 'right' has absurd consequences, all I do is my right, I have the right to fart, I have the right to drink coffee, I have the right to scratch my nose. I don't. I can fart, I can drink coffee, I can scratch my nose. But they aren't defined as rights. They are just actions.

Linking the notion of freedom to rights simply makes the term 'rights' meaningless.

It isn't a "right" other than the "right" of society to press their consensus onto you, the contract doesn't grant you any other "right" than those that exist in nature, your right to do as you will. What that contract does is express exactly where society as a whole will press their rights over yours and use "might" to do so.

Again, by this definition of rights, the term has no meaning. It becomes empty, just 'to act' by another name. You have no corresponding duties. You have the right to act however you like, duties don't come into it.

What you describe as 'right' simply means 'can act'.

Because you insist on this religious concept of "right" based in the abstract of values. There is no certainty in such an abstract, saying that you have "this" right but not "that" one is based in an abstract concept of morality created by consensus. Nothing will ever gaurantee you your "rights", you must be vigilant in the protection of your freedoms, and willing to do what is necessary (to your beliefs) to ensure them. Most people use a system of some absolutes expressed by their belief in a Deity, that you do not doesn't change this same concept.

There is absolutely nothing religious about a society defining its own morality, drawing up a contract of duties and corresponding rights. That is more Nietzschean than religious, recognising the lack of innate moral framework in existence itself, and creating our own. The guarantee that you get is the same as the guarantee you get when you agree to any contract, it is binding by mutual agreement.

Challenging some ideas is idiotic. Questioning the value of life is stupid, considering this value guides your every action, at least in regards to your own life. Did you eat breakfast? Why?

Challenging ALL ideas, no matter how solid they are, isn't idiotic in the slightest. Even an idea that is perfectly valid should be challenged. If you don't, people simply parrot the conclusion, in this case 'life has value', without understanding the reasoning as to why.

As to it being absolute that life has value, this is disputable. Value is a subjective term, the old adage that one man's trash is another man's art demonstrates this. Value is dictated by the adjudicator.

It is an empirical fact that most people do place high value in life, which is understandable, and gives the appearance that the notion of value in life is absolute, when in fact, it is relative.

Im not challenging any speech. I'm questioning the nihilist refusal to value life considering the perpetuation of life guides nearly our every action.

Again, you are arguing a strawman. Nihilists don't refuse to value life, they state that life has no innate value, and value is only found where human's invest it.

No, value is subjective, a human creation. And because something doesn't exist innately doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That isn't splitting hairs.

But you're a human. I'm a human. we all value it. I don't believe human constucts are necessarily 'artificial'.

Artificial inasmuch as they don't exist innately. A cave is a naturally occuring shelter. A house is an artifical shelter. Artificial doesn't mean invalid.

Yet you believe that certain concepts shouldn't be challenged? How does that fit?

Challenging ALL ideas, no matter how solid they are, isn't idiotic in the slightest.

Maybe once or twice. But you continually question the foundational value of all human behavior. and it makes you look like an idiot. and definitly proves nihilists don't value life.
Even an idea that is perfectly valid should be challenged.
Maybe in idiot land.
If you don't, people simply parrot the conclusion, in this case 'life has value', without understanding the reasoning as to why.
The value of life is apparent in our every waking moment, and our nearly every action. Your VIGILANCE is stupid, in this case.
As to it being absolute that life has value, this is disputable. Value is a subjective term, the old adage that one man's trash is another man's art demonstrates this. Value is dictated by the adjudicator.
Yes. But nearly all adjudicator's value life, and if they say they don't, they're usually just trying to convince people that destructive behavior isn't destructive.
It is an empirical fact that most people do place high value in life, which is understandable, and gives the appearance that the notion of value in life is absolute, when in fact, it is relative.
You're a dumbass. Philosophy is ruining your mind.

Again, you are arguing a strawman. Nihilists don't refuse to value life, they state that life has no innate value, and value is only found where human's invest it.

But when they do invest value in life. You do not accept it, and keep questioning it like a broken psychotic toy monkey philosobot.

No, value is subjective, a human creation. And because something doesn't exist innately doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That isn't splitting hairs.
It is splitting hairs. You're a retarded homunculus.

Artificial inasmuch as they don't exist innately. A cave is a naturally occuring shelter. A house is an artifical shelter. Artificial doesn't mean invalid.
Yet you present it with a negative connotation, As if artificial DOES mean invalid.

Yet you believe that certain concepts shouldn't be challenged? How does that fit?

Everything may be challenged and I support your right to do so. I JUST THINK IT"S STUPID.

Asshat, you have no argument. Come back when you can argue the points, I'm not going to squabble and exchange silly ad hominems with you.

Take notice of how Damocles argues. Rather than just calling people idiots if you disagree with (or in your case don't understand) the arguments, present a reasoned argument as to why.

Simply calling people names is exposing your ignorance.

Asshat, you have no argument. Come back when you can argue the points, I'm not going to squabble and exchange silly ad hominems with you.

Take notice of how Damocles argues. Rather than just calling people idiots if you disagree with (or in your case don't understand) the arguments, present a reasoned argument as to why.

Simply calling people names is exposing your ignorance.

"all things should be questioned" is an absolutist, and irrational value, one which has been human created. But you stop your nihilism short of it's logical conclusion, the destruction of nihilism. That makes you dishonest, according to your own terms.

The purpose of nihilism in the greater social context is to usher in moral relativism and weaken societies. That your refuse to acknowledge as well.

Why don't you marry damocles?

But you stop your nihilism short of it's logical conclusion, the destruction of nihilism. That makes you dishonest, according to your own terms.

Again, you are misunderstanding nihilism, and arguing against a point not made by the concept.

Nihilism doesn't state that nothing (including ideas) has value. It states that ideas, such as nihilism, are human creations and any value found in the concept is because humans invest it.

That doesn't involve the destruction of anything....

The purpose of nihilism in the greater social context is to usher in moral relativism and weaken societies. That your refuse to acknowledge as well.

That isn't the purpose, the concept doesn't have a purpose. It is an observation of reality, not a tool for anything.

Moral relativism is reality and doesn't weaken anything, unless accepting reality weakens things. Even the writings about Jesus exhibit moral relativity, with his statement 'do unto others'.

It is only priests that believe in absolute morality because for absolute morality requires a 'great law-giver'....

What are you, a five year old or something? Just pointing out that Damo knows how to debate effectively, whilst you squabble like a toddler....

But you stop your nihilism short of it's logical conclusion, the destruction of nihilism. That makes you dishonest, according to your own terms.

Again, you are misunderstanding nihilism, and arguing against a point not made by the concept.

Nihilism doesn't state that nothing (including ideas) has value. It states that ideas, such as nihilism, are human creations and any value found in the concept is because humans invest it.

That doesn't involve the destruction of anything....

That isn't the purpose, the concept doesn't have a purpose. It is an observation of reality, not a tool for anything.

Moral relativism is reality and doesn't weaken anything, unless accepting reality weakens things. Even the writings about Jesus exhibit moral relativity, with his statement 'do unto others'.

It is only priests that believe in absolute morality because for absolute morality requires a 'great law-giver'....

What are you, a five year old or something? Just pointing out that Damo knows how to debate effectively, whilst you squabble like a toddler....

I'm illustrating your hypocrisy by highlighting your absolutism, that "all ideas should be questioned". This is an irrational absolutist statement. It's a value created by nihilists, and you do not question it, though you claim to question all things. As I've pointed out, you only question concepts which enforce traditional morality. You're a fraud.

Moral relativism is not "reality". It's simply one misguided approach to morality.

Last edited:
I'm illustrating your hypocrisy by highlighting your absolutism, that "all ideas should be questioned". This is an irrational absolutist statement. It's a value created by nihilists, and you not question it, though you claim to question all things. As I've pointed out, you only question concepts which enforce traditional morality. You're a fraud.

That all ideas should be questioned is not a concept of nihilism, it is a concept of standard epistemology. It is a concept argued by many non-nihilist philosophers, John Stuart Mill being the foremost amongst them.

This is not an exercise in moral absolutism, nor is it a moral question, it is an exercise in good epistemology and it certainly isn't irrational, there are sound and valid arguments to do so.

Moral relativism is not "reality". It's simply one misguided approach to morality.

The only way for morality to be absolute would involve some 'great law-giver'.

Remember me saying that you don't know how to debate? This is an example. You give your conclusion, yet fail to support it with reasoning.

Explain why you think moral absolutism exists.

So by that logic, when I draw up a contract, for example a pre-nup, that is akin to a religious document? A society draws up a contract that states you have certain duties, certain restrictions on your actions, which you get in exchange for certain rights, the allowance of other freedoms. It has no religious overtones, nor does it rely on any transcendental notions of right or wrong. It is the act of humans defining their own morality to live by.

No, by that logic, if somebody breaks the contract and is therefore "wrong" or "evil" because of it you are walking into the religious realm over reality. Only people who pretend that religion or abstract philosophy hold no place in society would even get upset over such an idea. Of course they do, that is the ethics (one more time, maybe the third time is a charm here, will he read it? Probably, then forget it two more posts down and attempt again to make morality equal to rights...)

This is far more reflective of reality than stating that if you can act, you have the right. This makes the term hollow, empty of any meaning, simply because it is used to replace 'to act'. Renaming the term 'to act' as 'right' has absurd consequences, all I do is my right, I have the right to fart, I have the right to drink coffee, I have the right to scratch my nose. I don't. I can fart, I can drink coffee, I can scratch my nose. But they aren't defined as rights. They are just actions.

You once again call it "hollow", this I find hilarious from a person who attempts to say that they proscribe to nihilism. Hollow, is only the value that you assign it, while others may assign it differently.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't necessarily mean it must be expressed, or that society might not assert their rights over yours. That you have the freedom to breathe is assumed, that you have the freedom to vote is assigned, the reason for it was a moral reasoning. "It is the 'right' thing to do." However, other societies assert different 'rights' as pertains to that particular freedom.

That you agree more with the morals of the society you grew up in is certain, therefore your "right" to vote is important and has reached that religious conotation that I referred to earlier. However it is only part of a moral contract expressed through legislation, not a part of nature. It is always funny that this most "fundamental" right is just another form of a contest where one group asserts their results over the other.

Linking the notion of freedom to rights simply makes the term 'rights' meaningless.

The attempt to give them magic status over that is an abstract morality argument, once again not based in the reality. What I describe fits in with what has happened in the past, and is currently happening. What you describe is only a product of that. The expression of "right" is simply another way to say moral, albeit giving it a high enough meaning in the minds of people that if we had a sound track we'd have angelic singers in the background every time somebody said it.

It is society saying, "It would be wrong for us to deny them a defense, therefore we'll call it a 'Right!' (enter angelic singers)" It makes it equally meaningless if we use your logic because there is another word that can describe it. Using such a description one could wind up saying, "It would be wrong for us to make it illegal to fart, therefore we have the RIGHT to fart!" It is equally preposterous, here is where you start using logical fallacy as you attempt again reductio ad absurdam (your favorite fallacy).

Again, by this definition of rights, the term has no meaning. It becomes empty, just 'to act' by another name. You have no corresponding duties. You have the right to act however you like, duties don't come into it.

What you describe as 'right' simply means 'can act'.

And again, by your definition you may as well call it an "assignement" rather than rights.

There is absolutely nothing religious about a society defining its own morality, drawing up a contract of duties and corresponding rights. That is more Nietzschean than religious, recognising the lack of innate moral framework in existence itself, and creating our own. The guarantee that you get is the same as the guarantee you get when you agree to any contract, it is binding by mutual agreement. [/B]

Except religions are a defining of morality, it fits within my definition of religion. Where abstract concepts are pressed on others to define and coerce right action. And once again, society defining your rights is simply putting makeup on it. You had that right to begin with, they are just enumerating the ones that they think are more important while curtailing the others and totally ignoring the more ridiculous such as your right to fart.

;)

I'm illustrating your hypocrisy by highlighting your absolutism, that "all ideas should be questioned". This is an irrational absolutist statement. It's a value created by nihilists, and you not question it, though you claim to question all things. As I've pointed out, you only question concepts which enforce traditional morality. You're a fraud.

That all ideas should be questioned is not a concept of nihilism, it is a concept of standard epistemology. It is a concept argued by many non-nihilist philosophers, John Stuart Mill being the foremost amongst them.

This is not an exercise in moral absolutism, nor is it a moral question, it is an exercise in good epistemology and it certainly isn't irrational, there are sound and valid arguments to do so.

The only way for morality to be absolute would involve some 'great law-giver'.

Remember me saying that you don't know how to debate? This is an example. You give your conclusion, yet fail to support it with reasoning.

Explain why you think moral absolutism exists.

Questioning a thing once, or twice, or often, is fine. But you never make a decision regarding the value of life. Living in this continual state of questioning is absurd. Oftentimes it seems you have decide NOT to value life, because when I mention my belief that morality is simply behavior which has evolved to increase group survival in social animals, like humans, you seem awestruck, or dumbfounded, or just idiotic.

Moral absolutism exists because behaviors which add to group success are determinable.

Back