Need desk chair advice

500 dollars seems like a lot to me. :-/

I'm so po'.
Think of it this way. In order for me to afford these things I work 60 hours a week, don't eat lunch, and have a healthy stock of Ramen noodle and canned soup. Of course I also save a lot for retirement.

Plus I have minor lower back problems.

2836117-Travel_Picture-Pussy_de_luxe_Praha.jpg

$500 for an office is chair is not that much money...mine cost $650

hon, http://www.hon.com/Products/Chairs/7808.aspx

i like it because of the asychronous control, i can tilt the whole chair at just the right angle to take pressure off my low back. it is not uber soft though, if you want uber soft, that option you had with the you tube video looked nice...look into the different controls the chairs have. check costco out too, they now have high end chairs and their return policy is bitchin.

I dread to think how many visiting ladies, who innocently began reading this thread, have collapsed to the floor, convulsed with sexual pleasure from the heady mixture of leather and chrome visuals amid thoughts of utterly filthy asynchronous control methods.

yes watermark, that is what i said.

I used to have the mindset of being a cheapo for a chair. But I have changed my tune. I am in my chair a LOT. I also plan on keeping my chair for a while. Given the amount of use it will get, 500 dollars really isn't that much long term. I should have something very comfy. Plus I have minor lower back problems.
Sit ups will deal with your lower back problems. You need to strengthen your core. Don't just buy a chair use one of those idioticly huge exercise balls to sit on sometimes, balancing yourself will help strengthen your core without too much work.

Get something with lower lumbar support, not one of those kneely things, those aren't the bonus they say they are.

Sit ups will deal with your lower back problems. You need to strengthen your core. Don't just buy a chair use one of those idioticly huge exercise balls to sit on sometimes, balancing yourself will help strengthen your core without too much work.

Get something with lower lumbar support, not one of those kneely things, those aren't the bonus they say they are.

Why not just forget the chair and sit on the massively outsize exercise ball?

Alternatively you could achieve the same effect by placing your testicles in the desk drawer before opening and closing in rapid succession until the desired size has been achieved.

Why not just forget the chair and sit on the massively outsize exercise ball?

Alternatively you could achieve the same effect by placing your testicles in the desk drawer before opening and closing in rapid succession until the desired size has been achieved.
You could sit on it all the time, but comfort is something he was looking toward. I was giving advice on how to get rid of the lower back pain, not what chair to buy.

bought the ergohuman. I am pretty stoked. before buying i did a quick search for coupon codes and got it for 70 dollars off, and... free shipping. r0x0r.

amazon has this thing at a grand im getting it for 560.

want a new desk chair

probably around 500ish and under.

advice please

Office Max has some excellent desk chairs and if you order online you save 20% plus free shipping. You can try it out in store and then order online...in fact no matter where you buy you should try and do it that way 'cause you'll usually save bank.

My office chair at work is clearly like a $600 model. I get no pains at all throughout the entire work day. I can barely sit for 30 minutes in my chair.

want a new desk chair

probably around 500ish and under.

advice please
What type of flooring do you have? My desk is an Oak Roll Top Desk. The accompanying chair is an Oak Wood frame chair on castors. It also swivels and pivots. It’s really nice in that I can move all over my den and not have to get out of my chair.

Something like this though it might push the limit on your budget. I paid $3500 for the desk and $600 for the chair.

https://goo.gl/images/3fA17c

Last edited:
Back