New Gun

Thinking of buying one of these:

barrett98b.jpg

barrett 98B

Notice the integrated ballistics computer on the Leupold. Shoots a .338 Lapua Magnum over 1000 meters a second with sub MOA accuracy.

Any thoughts? Is there a better choice for a gun chambered in .338 Lapua for long distance competitive shooting?

You shouldn't be allowed to because you might hurt someone!!! /Left

Yeah, I've watched people do that.

So have I. I have even started to warn them, but then thought that they will learn on their own.

Most folks won't do that twice. Lessons learned like that will stick with them.

Yeah, scope eye sucks. So does M1 Thumb.

I seem to recall someone hurting themselves with a 1911 too. I can't remember exactly how they did it. I think they had their thumb wrapped around the slide or something retarded and they weren't expecting the action to work the way it did.

I seem to recall someone hurting themselves with a 1911 too. I can't remember exactly how they did it. I think they had their thumb wrapped around the slide or something retarded and they weren't expecting the action to work the way it did.

Every 1911 I've seen it's almost impossible to get slide bite. Hammer bite, however, is a different story. Still hard to do though. On a side note slide bite saved my dad from sever nerve damage from sleeping on his arm. It cut his thumb open pretty good and he got feeling back in it really quick.

Back