New Shooter

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
The cinnamin stuff that blows you taste buds and your mind at the same time?

Been there and done that, it is a memory and there it will stay, but thanks for the suggestion.

Okay, you got me? half bitter?

An alcoholic beverage that contains herbal essences and citrus flavoring and has a bitter or bittersweet flavor is called a "bitter," not to be confused with the British ale by the same name. Because Jägermeister has a semi-sweet taste, it is considered a "half bitter."

Me likey alcohol...

it's not whiskey you idiot.

And the very fact that this liquor would need to have this disclaimer on wikipedia:

"Contrary to an urban legend, it does not contain deer or elk blood.[2]"

means it's AWESOME

It is an herbal liqueur; all liqueur's usually have as their base either vodka or whiskey.

Jagermeister has 56 ingredients, which are a combination of roots, herbs, flowers, fruits, barks and other forms. A proportion of the ingredients can be viewed at the distillery, others can be guessed at, but the recipe is a strongly guarded secret. In the stores at Wolfenbutel there is a room containing the most secret ingredients, the ordering, delivery and handling of which is strictly limited to two or three people. I am aware of a number of the important ingredients, but bear in mind some of these plants may feature as flower or seed or root, or a combination thereof. I am fairly sure of these:
Ginger, orris, galengal, lovage, chiretta, angelica, elecampane, hyssop, pomerance, camomile, lavender, coriander, pepper, cloves, star anis, allspice, nutmeg, cardamon, fennel, bitter orange, rose hips, quinine, licorice, tumeric, mace, saffron.

These are possibles: marshmallow, yarrow, burdock, curcuma, grains of paradise, cubeb, wintergreen, cassia, betony, purslane, borage, sandalwood.

Deer blood is a myth. Caramel is used as a sweetener. Your real problem is getting the proportions right.

Back