Nk Threatens War

As I said, counting it as one nation... That's all good. It still doesn't change that there is massive leverage there if we are willing to use it.

I'm not sure threatening to cease trade would work on China. It would, knowing the state, make them more defensive.

A better solution would be to offer China solutions to the problems that would be caused by it pulling NK's plug... help with the inevitable refugee problem it will cause, assurances of reconstruction for NK (proper recon, rather than recon a la Afghanistan, economic incentives and sweetners.

Maybe even introducing China to the UNSC....

As I said, counting it as one nation... That's all good. It still doesn't change that there is massive leverage there if we are willing to use it.

I'm not sure threatening to cease trade would work on China. It would, knowing the state, make them more defensive.

A better solution would be to offer China solutions to the problems that would be caused by it pulling NK's plug... help with the inevitable refugee problem it will cause, assurances of reconstruction for NK (proper recon, rather than recon a la Afghanistan, economic incentives and sweetners.

Maybe even introducing China to the UNSC....
Leveraging trade doesn't necessarily mean cutting them off. You can leverage the actual cost of humanitarian aid to NK, as well as suggesting powers uniting in the area... Well, read the other thread. This one has started getting to be the same one reiterated.

Life Imitates 'Team America'

Hans Blix: "I'm sorry, but the U.N. must be firm with you. Let me see your whole palace, or else."
Kim Jong Il: "Or else what?"
Blix: "Or else we will be very, very angry with you, and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are."--dialogue from "Team America: World Police" (2004)
Did you know Hans Blix was part of an IAEA team that inspected Nork nuke facilities in ~1994?

Leveraging trade doesn't necessarily mean cutting them off. You can leverage the actual cost of humanitarian aid to NK, as well as suggesting powers uniting in the area... Well, read the other thread. This one has started getting to be the same one reiterated.

If the US and EU got together and told china, help us out or lose your trade deals and actually stood their ground on taking action china would give in and support all action against nk. But the Eu won't do it.

Japan is currently changing their constitution to allow the build up of an actual army and navy instead of a defense force. They are also looking into building their own nuclear weapons. They have shut off all dealings with nk so they are getting real serious and fed up.

I think nk will make some sort of aggresive move here real soon and it will be on for real. After all the korean war never ended, its still just a cease fire. And the un will have to fight it as the cease fire was signed by them. We and SK bore the brunt of it but its still the un's war.

If the US and EU got together and told china, help us out or lose your trade deals and actually stood their ground on taking action china would give in and support all action against nk. But the Eu won't do it.

Japan is currently changing their constitution to allow the build up of an actual army and navy instead of a defense force. They are also looking into building their own nuclear weapons. They have shut off all dealings with nk so they are getting real serious and fed up.

I think nk will make some sort of aggresive move here real soon and it will be on for real. After all the korean war never ended, its still just a cease fire. And the un will have to fight it as the cease fire was signed by them. We and SK bore the brunt of it but its still the un's war.

You were wrong about Iraq.

You bungled Iran.

You were wrong about the wisdom of pissing off many of our allies, and "going it alone".

In short, your opinions on how to handle foreign affiairs has no credibility.

Back